Moving to Lanzarote as a single mum

Moving to Lanzarote as a single mum

Old Sep 8th 2014, 7:54 am
Just Joined

french1989 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Lanzarote as a single mum

Originally Posted by Fred James
You seem to be ignoring my earlier post #6

How are you going to get health care for you and your child and get her into school if you don't have sufficient income and private health care?

They will not allow you to register if you cannot meet the criteria.
Oh I'm sorry I didn't know my financial life was a problem to you?! I am fully aware I either need a full time income or a minimum of £4000 in the bank to become a resident! Already have private healthcare for both of us! Already paid a years tuition in private English school! Not all of us having money worries! But thanks for the support! Would hate to think I worked all day everyday, barely afforded my mortgage and had a boring planned out life! I won't be replying to any further messages! Thanks guys
Old Sep 8th 2014, 8:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by french1989
Oh I'm sorry I didn't know my financial life was a problem to you?! I am fully aware I either need a full time income or a minimum of £4000 in the bank to become a resident! Already have private healthcare for both of us! Already paid a years tuition in private English school! Not all of us having money worries! But thanks for the support! Would hate to think I worked all day everyday, barely afforded my mortgage and had a boring planned out life! I won't be replying to any further messages! Thanks guys
People are only trying to help, and all they can do is use the info you've posted. Some people turn up on BE with very little idea of the realism of a move to another country, and its only by reading posts about schools, medical insurance etc that they realise how difficult it can be.
If you have everything sorted and in place already, then that's great, and everyone will be pleased if the move works out for you. But you have to remember that none of us know how much previous research you've done None of us like to read about people who move and struggle because of lack of information beforehand, so please try and understand that we speak from experience and from years of reading people's life stories on here.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 8:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

No future for my child? Would highly appreciate it if you apologised for that! My child's future is none of your concern! I appreciate the advice from people but not the parenting skills thank you, makes me think parenting isn't something you've succeeded in?! Will look forward to posting again next year with how well things are going.... Yes it will be hard but things don't get handed to you! And rainy old Manchester is no place to raise a child! I do believe it's full of crime & drugs! (Considering I live there)
First of all it was just in general and my post wasn't against you personally. Manchester was also just an example, maybe I should have said Inverness:-)
Old Sep 8th 2014, 8:19 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if that is your attitude when offered sincere advice from a number of members then I don't think this forum has anything further to offer you, you clearly already know all the answers..

Best of luck.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 9:36 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

People responded to you in a genuine way so please do not become aggressive. I am confused though because in your first post you said that you wanted your child to go to a Spanish state school yet now you are saying that you have paid for private English schooling for her. So can I ask what changed your mind, was it due to lack of places in state schools or were they not up to the standard that you expected? I am asking because your research may well help someone else and that is the purpose of the forum.

Rosemary
Old Sep 8th 2014, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it was a bit of a wind up.