Reload this Page >

moving to Gandia

moving to Gandia

Old May 30th 2018, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

bowwow19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to Gandia

Hi everyone.
im looking to move to Gandia within the next year or two and would really appreciate some advice on areas to look at for property, both in Gandia or dhrrounding towns. I'm a single female looking so do not want to live anywhere too rural as I could feel isolated. It would be great to be able to mix with other expats on occasion. Ideally I would like a house with some outside space/garden as gardening is very important to me but it doesn't have to be a large space. Can anyone recommend or give some advice on locations to consider. I will be coming over soon to start researching but a heads up of areas to look at would be greatly appreciated. I will consider villages outside of Gandia but would like there to be a bit of a buzz about the place, even a muffled buzz.☺ Teresa

Last edited by bowwow19; May 30th 2018 at 7:02 pm. Reason: Spelling mistakes
Old May 31st 2018, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to Gandia

Gandia is quite a large down and there are not that many expats. You should look at the villages/towns south of Gandia where there are pockets of expats. If you go as far as Oliva pop in to Bar Amigos as I am sure the local expats may be able to help with your search.
Old May 31st 2018, 9:01 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Take a look at Ontinyent. Quite a large town with a good expat community. Lot's always going on and only 30 minutes from the coast.
Old May 31st 2018, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: moving to Gandia

Thank you for your response. Perhaps I should also look at Olivia whilst investigating the Valencia area. I will also look at your suggestion. Thanks again for your reply.

Last edited by bowwow19; May 31st 2018 at 6:24 pm.
Old May 31st 2018, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

thank you for your suggestions. I will further my search to take in Olivia. thanks again for your reply.
Old May 31st 2018, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

ShelleyJack is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi We're planning to move to the Gandia region too. Oliva sounds great and we'll be looking in that area as well. As soon as our house here in Kent is re-thatched its going on the market! We'll have to meet up! At the moment our big issue is realising we need advice (where?!) as to whether or not to put all our money in a Spanish villa or to keep a small flat here, too? Apart from the income can't really see the benefits though? Just seems like a way of doubling your worries!
Old May 31st 2018, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ShelleyJack
Hi We're planning to move to the Gandia region too. Oliva sounds great and we'll be looking in that area as well. As soon as our house here in Kent is re-thatched its going on the market! We'll have to meet up! At the moment our big issue is realising we need advice (where?!) as to whether or not to put all our money in a Spanish villa or to keep a small flat here, too? Apart from the income can't really see the benefits though? Just seems like a way of doubling your worries!
Originally Posted by bowwow19
Hi everyone.
im looking to move to Gandia within the next year or two and would really appreciate some advice on areas to look at for property, both in Gandia or dhrrounding towns. I'm a single female looking so do not want to live anywhere too rural as I could feel isolated. It would be great to be able to mix with other expats on occasion. Ideally I would like a house with some outside space/garden as gardening is very important to me but it doesn't have to be a large space. Can anyone recommend or give some advice on locations to consider. I will be coming over soon to start researching but a heads up of areas to look at would be greatly appreciated. I will consider villages outside of Gandia but would like there to be a bit of a buzz about the place, even a muffled buzz.☺ Teresa
​​​​​​Hi,
i also live in Kent, near the coat. Coincidence.☺. I am definitely going to buy a smaller property in Kent just in case it doesn't work out in Spain. I'm most probably going to rent first. There are so many properties for sale in spain, some of which keep being reduced as they are not selling, and this will stop me from investing all of my money in just one property. If it didn't work out in Spain I don't want to be stuck with a property that I cannot sell and have nowhere to live in the UK. I know it makes me sound pessimistic but I'm just being careful. I'm looking at la Drova in Gandia region at the moment but it's early days.. It looks a nice area though.. Where are you considering looking. Teresa
Old May 31st 2018, 9:00 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

On the way to La Drova from Gandia, plenty of houses with land in the Marxuquera area...but this may be too rural for you, but there are areas of houses in there, witha few expats living their full time also.
But perhaps explore some of the villages around Gandia as well as Oliva, like Miramar, Diamus, Bellreguard, Potries, Villalonga, Real, Ador, Xeraco, Xeresa....
Old May 31st 2018, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Guy
On the way to La Drova from Gandia, plenty of houses with land in the Marxuquera area...but this may be too rural for you, but there are areas of houses in there, witha few expats living their full time also.
But perhaps explore some of the villages around Gandia as well as Oliva, like Miramar, Diamus, Bellreguard, Potries, Villalonga, Real, Ador, Xeraco, Xeresa....
Thank you for that information. I'm going to be visiting the area later in the year and will definitely look at all of the areasa you suggested. I definitely do not want to be too rural as I will be living on my own and it could be a little lonely. Thanks again for your suggestions. ☺