Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to Gandia

Moving to Gandia

Old Mar 13th 2014, 9:47 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Gandia

Closed bars are a sign of how bad the economy is. How well do you know Spain?

Rosemary
Old Mar 13th 2014, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yebennett
PS. Can anyone tell me how to get from Alicante airport to Gandia or know of a (cheapish) taxi company/shuttle/shareride company?
Valencia airport is by far and away your best option either by bus or train.
If you must go via Alicante then the Alsa bus is your best bet.

http://www.alsa.es/portal/site/Alsa/...tte.cachetoken

You might consider hiring a car that can be picked up at Alicante and dropped off at Gandia.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 12:00 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Its easy from Valencia to Gandia. Metro to Xativa station, jump off and cross the road, Valencia North straight to Gandia. Ive done it a few times.

Alicante is a bit more of a pain, and if you are going by public transport you end up in Denia (by train) and have to get a taxi or bus from there. I believe there is a bus direct

As said, car hire is dirt cheap at the moment, but you have to find someone who drops off in Gandia area, which isnt so easy.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 11:59 pm
Just Joined

yebennett is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately I have already booked the flights to Alicante (well my sister did thinking she was helping ;-) ) so I am pretty much stuck now trying to find my way from Alicante to Gandia - I think I will need to get a taxi then?

Unfortunately my nephew does not speak Spanish but is at present learning very hard in the UK. I hope for him he can find some kind of work.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 12:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Its easy from Valencia to Gandia. Metro to Xativa station, jump off and cross the road, Valencia North straight to Gandia. Ive done it a few times.

Alicante is a bit more of a pain, and if you are going by public transport you end up in Denia (by train) and have to get a taxi or bus from there. I believe there is a bus direct

As said, car hire is dirt cheap at the moment, but you have to find someone who drops off in Gandia area, which isnt so easy.
Hello,
So, it is possible to get a train from Alicante to Denia then from Denia a bus or taxi?
I am still trying to find a car company which I can drop off in the Gandia area - not successful yet.
thank you Yvonne
Old Mar 17th 2014, 12:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by johnnyone
Valencia airport is by far and away your best option either by bus or train.
If you must go via Alicante then the Alsa bus is your best bet.

You might consider hiring a car that can be picked up at Alicante and dropped off at Gandia.
Thank you for the link - highly appreciated.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

Alicante - Gandia is doable on public transport:

Airport - Benidorm via alsa or a2b transfers (9e or 6e)
Benidorm - Denia via alsa or train (6e or 4e)
Denia - Gandia via alsa (4e)

Bring a book or load up your ipod.

PM me if stuck, I've done it a few times
Old Mar 17th 2014, 4:49 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately I have already booked the flights to Alicante (well my sister did thinking she was helping ;-) ) so I am pretty much stuck now trying to find my way from Alicante to Gandia - I think I will need to get a taxi then?

Unfortunately my nephew does not speak Spanish but is at present learning very hard in the UK. I hope for him he can find some kind of work.
I hate to be a kill joy but if even if he is fluent in Spanish there are very few jobs, the unemployment figures are very high and I suspect that employers would probably rather employ a Spanish person. You mentioned him gaining further education so I hope that he is mastering learning the language in the UK.

Lucky you having such a helpful sister, I hope that you manage to find a car company that suits because I think that getting a taxi will be very expensive.

I have just come back from a day in Gandia as I wanted to see the fallas monuments there for a change and I have thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Good luck.

Rosemary
Old Mar 17th 2014, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

The Alsa bus is the best way as my earlier post.

Look at the website for times etc.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 8:40 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
So, it is possible to get a train from Alicante to Denia then from Denia a bus or taxi?
I am still trying to find a car company which I can drop off in the Gandia area - not successful yet.
thank you Yvonne
It is possible yes, although it wont be just one train.
As mentioned there is a bus also but I guess it might be a long trip :-)
Old Mar 27th 2014, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Blanca y negra has gone!
Whatever next!!!!
Blanca y negra either never went away or it has returned! I was in there less than a week ago and all appeared normal. I will later post a photo taken about the time of the fallas.
Happiness abounds
Perhaps I am being a bit over the top here
Old Mar 27th 2014, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by jonboy
Blanca y negra either never went away or it has returned! I was in there less than a week ago and all appeared normal. I will later post a photo taken about the time of the fallas.
Happiness abounds
Perhaps I am being a bit over the top here
I went to look at the fallas monumentos and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was open and busy.

Rosemary
Old Apr 1st 2014, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
I went to look at the fallas monumentos and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was open and busy.

Rosemary
Here is the promised photo - I hope
Attached Thumbnails Moving to Gandia-img_5186-copy-copy.jpg  
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 2:36 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by jonboy
Here is the promised photo - I hope
Hah hah ..... we're talking about different places :-)
I was referring to the shop that was on the way down to the marina
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Hah hah ..... we're talking about different places :-)
I was referring to the shop that was on the way down to the marina
Well burger me! To think I hopped on a plane, asked all and saundry to smile, rushed back to UK and uploaded the photo and now I'm informed it's the wrong place

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.