Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving down to Anywhere in the Malaga area for good help

Moving down to Anywhere in the Malaga area for good help

Old Jun 7th 2011, 6:06 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving down to Anywhere in the Malaga area for good help

Originally Posted by dominosafety
Quick question - how would you feel if everyone told you the streets were paved with gold, the fruit falls of the trees (well ok it does), the exchange rate was marvellous, as a Brit you would have the locals sweeping the pavement for you as as sail through. Then you came out to find that it wasn't true ??

I try to look at the doomsters as offering a bit of experience, they may have been caught out. They may also not want to share their "special place" with others !! I spent many years driving around in a grey painted war canoe, visiting some of the grot places of some countries. 5 years were spent out in the Far East in Singapore and Hong Kong, believe me, when you are 17 and you see a dead body floating in the harbour you start to grow up. Irrespective each is their own country, as this is the home for the Spaniards - although some Brits seem to think otherwise - and we are the Guiri's. Its just the same as being a Gwailo in Hong Kong.

Come to Spain, you will be treated as a leper by the locals and the Spaniards may be just as bad. But you will also make some very good friends who are proud of their country and are only too happy to share it with you.

lecture over, pass the cava
I do not like the taste of alcohol in general but some white wines are OK and ALL CAVA is gratefully accepted so do not keep it to yourself, share with me, please, pretty please.

Rosemary