Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to the Costa del Sol

Moving to the Costa del Sol

Old Jun 3rd 2010, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

Sunny76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to the Costa del Sol

Hi, I am new to this forum and I saw that my thread is quite common.
We are leaving the UK and moving down to the Costa del Sol at the end of the summer. We are not new of the area as we already have an apartment and I am Italian, so I find the Spanish lifestyle very similar to my country.

We are very excited about the move but of course my only concern is my work. I am a photographer(mainly doing weddings)and currently working between England and Italy. Does anybody know how difficult will be to carry on with my photography in Spain?
Thanks, any advice is appreciated.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:22 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the Costa del Sol

Spain has a 20% unemployment rate at the moment and things dont look set to improve in the forseeable future, however, photography??? I dont know, but I doubt it'll be easy, but nothing seems to be in Spain

jo xxx
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

A quick search on Google reveals a plethora of Costa del Sol wedding photographers so you'd be up for some stiff competition. A lot of the good photographers seem to be used everywhere and do anything from houses to horses via jamon
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

Sunny76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys, yeah I know the competition is crazy and I am very worried about it. Photography is competitive everywhere nowadays and a lot of people end up selling themselves very cheap to make a living! Let's hope my husband will find something to do!!
Old Jun 4th 2010, 9:22 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
Spain has a 20% unemployment rate at the moment and things dont look set to improve in the forseeable future, however, photography??? I dont know, but I doubt it'll be easy, but nothing seems to be in Spain

jo xxx
Not easy in the UK either. I had a year without work, and it seems I wasn't the only one; a lot of reports claim there are over 8 million economically inactive people in the UK

Record number of economically inactive people in the UK
http://www.freshbusinessthinking.com/news.php?NID=4675

It's widely held that unemployment is worse in the south of Spain. Good luck to the thread-starter, but I suspect they may have to use a lot of imagination.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 9:31 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Having said that (see previous post) the pound is re-gaining value against the Euro. Maybe you could run photography holidays for Brits? (ok, probably a non-starter, just trying to think of options)