Reload this Page >

moving to benidrom

moving to benidrom

Old Feb 19th 2017, 5:42 am
Just Joined

Backcountry79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to benidrom

Hi there ,

My partner and myself are moving to Benidorm in late March we have an apartment sorted and she has a job sorted .
Im just putting the feelers out really if anyone� � or knows of any companies requiring a� � Renderer/Plasterer or i can Tile and Render Swimming pools(plus full build )� have 22 years experience in the trade working in France/Holland/Germany/UK etc , i do realise that there is not much of this work about but thought i would ask about for the future .

Thanks for any pointers or help in any way

Andy
Old Feb 19th 2017, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to benidrom

Originally Posted by Backcountry79
Hi there ,

My partner and myself are moving to Benidorm in late March we have an apartment sorted and she has a job sorted .
Im just putting the feelers out really if anyone� � or knows of any companies requiring a� � Renderer/Plasterer or i can Tile and Render Swimming pools(plus full build )� have 22 years experience in the trade working in France/Holland/Germany/UK etc , i do realise that there is not much of this work about but thought i would ask about for the future .

A

Andy

Hi Andy,

I live in Benidorm and have got to know several people who are builders similar to yourself. Those friends are always seeking work. Some are employed for a few weeks then laid off. Most complain that the wages are low as there are plenty of builders to choose from.

Since the recession and the bottom fell out of the housing market there are a lot of builders, mostly Spanish, searching for work. There are a lot of adverts in the local papers from local lads wanting building work.

Can you speak Spanish? I understand that a lot of building regs are different in Spain and you will need to know all the health and safety rules.

Benidorm is a fantastic place to live but there are a lot of struggling people.

Steve.
Old Feb 19th 2017, 7:41 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply .

I realise all points made as and I have worked on spanish sites before , I can speak a little spanish but learning more .

I'm just putting feelers out at min to see what's about .

I have contracts in England and will be commuting for a few months until there are complete .

How long have you lived in benidorm and what you make of it ?
Old Feb 19th 2017, 7:51 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there ,

Andy
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 19th 2017, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply .

I realise all points made as and I have worked on spanish sites before , I can speak a little spanish but learning more .

I'm just putting feelers out at min to see what's about .

I have contracts in England and will be commuting for a few months until there are complete .

How long have you lived in benidorm and what you make of it ?
Hi,

I've lived in Benidorm for two and half years. I retired out here so no need to look for work.

My OH and I love it here, we go out and about most of the time. It's easier and cheaper to live in Benidorm but don't let the recent tv programmes give you the idea it's all fun and games here because it's often a very mundane lifestyle.

There is always plenty to do here but if you need to look for work it can be difficult.

Steve
Old Feb 19th 2017, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Cheers Steve I'm under no illusions what it will be like and can't be as mundane as working 7 days a week lol.

I'm going to take it easy as much as I can to be honest .

I need sunshine in my life and we almost decided on tenerife but just a bit to far .
Old Feb 19th 2017, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Cheers Steve I'm under no illusions what it will be like and can't be as mundane as working 7 days a week lol.

I'm going to take it easy as much as I can to be honest .

I need sunshine in my life and we almost decided on tenerife but just a bit to far .
Yes you will find most of the retirees have come here to "take it easy" and it certainly is the best place to do it