Benidorm

Old Feb 19th 2017, 3:25 am
Just Joined

Neilmark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Benidorm

Hi,
Advice wanted. Me and my partner are looking into moving / renting in Benidorm.
No idea where to start. We only want to rent so what's the normal deposits etc . How much do you realistically need to start with ? Is it cheaper to rent apartment or caravan site ?
Look for ward tonchatting

Neil xx
Old Feb 19th 2017, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Benidorm

Originally Posted by Neilmark
Hi,
No idea where to start. We only want to rent so what's the normal deposits etc . How much do you realistically need to start with ? Is it cheaper to rent apartment or caravan site ?

Neil xx
Hi Neil,

I live in Benidorm and it's a great place to live!

We rent an apartment just on the outskirts of town. We moved out here and rented a holiday apartment for 3 weeks while we looked in estate agents windows for a long term rental. We found a suitable apartment within the first week and moved in.

You will need around €500 per calendar month for a 2 bed apartment. You will need to pay for electric monthly (usually through the bank ). Water is often included in the rental price. You will need to find a deposit of a months rental plus a months rent. Some agents charge a finders fee.

It's as cheap to rent an apartment as it is a caravan!!!!!

Are you retired or looking for work? Have you got healthcare sorted?

There is loads of paperwork to complete before you can become residents.

I'd like to help you with any specific questions about Benidorm .

Steve
Old Feb 19th 2017, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Hi ,
Thanks for reply ....
You can add me on Facebook Neil Tomkins....
Will be living off my disability benefits and just look for little part time job maybe..
Loads questions to ask lol
Old Feb 19th 2017, 7:48 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Neil xx
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 19th 2017, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ,
Thanks for reply ....
You can add me on Facebook Neil Tomkins....
Will be living off my disability benefits and just look for little part time job maybe..
Loads questions to ask lol
Sorry , not on Facebook but you can PM me if you don't want to put questions on the forum.

You should be able to get free healthcare through the S1 forms with having a disability. It will be dificult to get part time work here in Benidorm as there are loads of people looking for that.

Questions are best put publicly so other posters can see.

Steve
Old Feb 19th 2017, 8:41 am
Just Joined

Thanks for reply ....
When's best time to move ? Any way of finding out what we need to do before we move etc etc xx
Am I allowed to put my phone number on here ?
Old Feb 19th 2017, 8:50 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for reply ....
When's best time to move ? Any way of finding out what we need to do before we move etc etc xx
We discourage people from putting phone numbers on here due to spammers.

Will your benefits definitely be paid to you if you move to Spain because many are not transferable?

Rosemary
Old Feb 19th 2017, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Yes they will ....
I suffer with bad depression and these British winters don't help need a sunnier climate
Old Feb 19th 2017, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for reply ....
The best time to move to Benidorm, in my opinion, would be from end of September. Before that time most of the apartments are being rented out to holidaymakers, which can be expensive. There are long term rentals available, but very often you have to be here when they become available.

You need to make sure af your finances, healthcare, etc
Old Feb 19th 2017, 8:54 am
Just Joined

Finances are all ok ,
How do I check about healthcare ? Xx
Old Feb 19th 2017, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Finances are all ok ,
How do I check about healthcare ? Xx
If you are registered disabled you may be entitled to free healthcare in Spain paid for by the UK. You need to contact the Overseas Healthcare team at Newcastle to see whether you can apply for the S1 form to transfer your healthcare to Spain. Whichever way, you will need to have full healthcare before you can get residency in Spain.

Last edited by tebo53; Feb 19th 2017 at 9:42 am. Reason: Added information