Reload this Page >

Moving to Benidorm and looking to meet the community

Moving to Benidorm and looking to meet the community

Old Jul 17th 2016, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Joew88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Benidorm and looking to meet the community

Hi everyone,

I will be shortly moving to Benidorm in the coming weeks and I am eager to meet new people in the area.

I am a 27yr old male who is opening a business next month in the heart of Benidorm.

I am keen to meet new people and make friends.

I am particulary interested in playing football ie 5/7 aside.. Does anyone know how I could go about joining an expat team? (If one exists) Although I'm no Ronaldo I do enjoy a kickabout!

If anyone could recommend any particular ways of meeting the expats and not just the people enjoying their week away I would be forever grateful!

Thanks!!!

Joe
Old Jul 17th 2016, 9:21 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Benidorm and looking to meet the community

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 18th 2016, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joew88
Hi everyone,

I will be shortly moving to Benidorm in the coming weeks and I am eager to meet new people in the area.

I am a 27yr old male who is opening a business next month in the heart of Benidorm.

I am keen to meet new people and make friends.

I am particulary interested in playing football ie 5/7 aside.. Does anyone know how I could go about joining an expat team? (If one exists) Although I'm no Ronaldo I do enjoy a kickabout!

If anyone could recommend any particular ways of meeting the expats and not just the people enjoying their week away I would be forever grateful!

Thanks!!!

Joe

Hi Joe,

Benidorm is jam packed with expats. I can't help you at all with the football question as it's not my thing.

There are many expat bars where you're likely to find resident locals. You haven't said which area you are going to be living, otherwise I might be able to recommend somewhere. I regularly use about 3 expat bars in the Rincon area.

I'm sure you will enjoy your time in Benidorm.

Steve.
Old Jul 19th 2016, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tebo53
Hi Joe,

Benidorm is jam packed with expats. I can't help you at all with the football question as it's not my thing.

There are many expat bars where you're likely to find resident locals. You haven't said which area you are going to be living, otherwise I might be able to recommend somewhere. I regularly use about 3 expat bars in the Rincon area.

I'm sure you will enjoy your time in Benidorm.

Steve.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't actually got a flat/house lined up yet but my shop will be based right near llevante beach.

So i'm presuming somewhere in that area of Benidorm.

If you know any expat bars around there you could recommend that would be great!

Thanks

Joe
Old Jul 20th 2016, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joew88
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't actually got a flat/house lined up yet but my shop will be based right near llevante beach.

So i'm presuming somewhere in that area of Benidorm.

If you know any expat bars around there you could recommend that would be great!

Thanks

Joe

Joe,

First of all, if you are thinking of long term renting it will be very difficult to find any apartments at this time of year other than holiday rentals which are very expensive.

Lavante beach covers a vast area and although there are hundreds of bars etc none are really "expat meeting places". The area you will find some are at the far end towards the Rincon de loux area near the indoor market and Calle Londres.

There is:

The Geordie bar, The Old Penny, The London Bar, The Saxo bar, Tommy Cooper lounge,
The Drop inn and Yorkshire Pride 2. - Just to name a few I use several of these bars throughout the week and there is always someone there who I know.

I have no financial interest in any of the above bars.

I asked around and nobody knows of an expat football team. Maybe that could be a project for you?

If you let us know where you intend opening up your business we can call in and maybe purchase something

Hope this helps and gives you a starter.

Steve

Last edited by tebo53; Jul 20th 2016 at 7:30 am.
Old Jul 20th 2016, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tebo53
Joe,

First of all, if you are thinking of long term renting it will be very difficult to find any apartments at this time of year other than holiday rentals which are very expensive.

Lavante beach covers a vast area and although there are hundreds of bars etc none are really "expat meeting places". The area you will find some are at the far end towards the Rincon de loux area near the indoor market and Calle Londres.

There is:

The Geordie bar, The Old Penny, The London Bar, The Saxo bar, Tommy Cooper lounge,
The Drop inn and Yorkshire Pride 2. - Just to name a few I use several of these bars throughout the week and there is always someone there who I know.

I have no financial interest in any of the above bars.

I asked around and nobody knows of an expat football team. Maybe that could be a project for you?

If you let us know where you intend opening up your business we can call in and maybe purchase something

Hope this helps and gives you a starter.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Again thanks for the info!

The property is currently undergoing a refurb but once it's done I'll be sure to let you know.. It's located at the top end of llevante right opposite the waterski course.

So I think that is reasonably close to where you are talking about

Shame about a footy team (thanks for asking though!) but yes maybe I could get something started then.

I'll be sure to check out a few of the bars you've mentioned once I've settled in the coming weeks!

Regarding finding property, I've found a few on the market in and around Benidorm.. Off to view a couple today.. Unfortunately I don't have much choice on price, it is what it is.. I'm currently living in Valencia city and that would be too far for a commute everyday...

Cheers

Joe
Old Mar 21st 2017, 9:01 am
Just Joined

efarrow is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Joe,

Are you living in Benidorm now?

Im 27 and looking to move out within the next couple of months any advise you can give me.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Backcountry79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I'm moving to Benidorm but I have been renting my apartment since end of feb as to get foot in door before season kicked off , I will be living in Rincon which to me seems best area for expats .

Would be good to get some footy organised as me and my mate play I uk every week .
Old Mar 27th 2017, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Backcountry79
Hi I'm moving to Benidorm but I have been renting my apartment since end of feb as to get foot in door before season kicked off , I will be living in Rincon which to me seems best area for expats .

Would be good to get some footy organised as me and my mate play I uk every week .
Hi,

I live in the Rincon de loux area of Benidorm which has numerous expats of all nationalities and not just Brits.

As I have said earlier in this thread, there doesn't seem to be any "expat football teams" not even pub teams. There are other sporting events regarding expats but of the more "relaxed" nature like pool or snooker

If footy is your thing then maybe that could be your project

Steve