El Campello

Old Mar 27th 2017, 6:36 am
Just Joined

Lookingforthesun1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default El Campello

Hi!

Good Morning Expat world!

I am moving to Spain, my wife and I are looking at different places to live and I am wondering what people's experiences are of El Campello? I have been to Calpe, Xabia and similar places but never that area.

What is like for commuting, we will be working not far from La Nucia?
Is it well set up for supermarkets etc?

Any advice gratefully recieved!
Old Mar 27th 2017, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: El Campello

El Campello is a busy thriving large town north of Alicante. It has many supermarkets and a hypermarket (Carrefour) and a weekly street market. It has good road and motorway connections and a tram service serving both north (Denia) and south (Alicante city centre)
Old Mar 27th 2017, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Kentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lookingforthesun1
Hi!

Good Morning Expat world!

I am moving to Spain, my wife and I are looking at different places to live and I am wondering what people's experiences are of El Campello? I have been to Calpe, Xabia and similar places but never that area.

What is like for commuting, we will be working not far from La Nucia?
Is it well set up for supermarkets etc?

Any advice gratefully recieved!
There are three supermarkets in the Main Street. An excellent tram system.All in all a good place to be. No traffic wardens, parking meters,drunks, Kara oke (is that correct?) and no cars on the prom. More than enough bars and restaurants. Alicante airport is 30 minutes by car. Can't help re commuting.
Old Mar 27th 2017, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Lookingforthesun1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh fantastic! Thats sounds like a lovely area for us to consider, I was wondering why it seemed to much cheaper than the surrounding areas of Calpe, Xabia and Denia?

And, I know this sounds very 'Brits abroad' but having living in Belgium and struggled how is the supermarket situation for more english food? sausages etc?
Old Mar 27th 2017, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Kentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lookingforthesun1
Oh fantastic! Thats sounds like a lovely area for us to consider, I was wondering why it seemed to much cheaper than the surrounding areas of Calpe, Xabia and Denia?

And, I know this sounds very 'Brits abroad' but having living in Belgium and struggled how is the supermarket situation for more english food? sausages etc?
The local Carrefour has a small Uk section. However, some 20 odd k. Up the road in Villa Joisa is an excellent Uk supermarket 'Ex Pats'. It's on google. Have look.
Plenty of properties for sale and dependent on what you want, if renting, some apartments but few villas.
Re the above, Sundrenched Villas in the Main Street, again on Google. Lee is the man you want.
Good luck.
Old Mar 27th 2017, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Calpe/Denia have always had the reputation for being 'up market' with expensive individual villas on private plots but IMO opinion they miss out by being too far north for the benefits of the AVE and airport. Also El Campello is flatter and not so hilly and is therefore much easier to live and move around.
I think Expats tend to adapt to more local foods and cuisine but (expensive) Brit stuff can be found.
Old Mar 27th 2017, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

For English food, there is Sam's Supermarket & Baz's English Butcher, both together on the N332, 2 Minutes South of El Campello. Nearby to the North, is Coveta Fumar which is well worth a look at (Has a small shop that sells English food), and its on the tram line!