Reload this Page >

moving to benidorm

moving to benidorm

Old Apr 20th 2007, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

19carly85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to benidorm

hi

me and my friend are moving to benidorm in 4 weeks. has anyone who lives/lived there any advice about finding jobs. we were planning on finding one once we are there but have been told its really hard to find a job any information will be appreciated

thanks
carly
Old Apr 20th 2007, 12:24 pm
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice
Default Re: moving to benidorm

Originally Posted by 19carly85
hi

me and my friend are moving to benidorm in 4 weeks. has anyone who lives/lived there any advice about finding jobs. we were planning on finding one once we are there but have been told its really hard to find a job any information will be appreciated

thanks
carly
Hi Carly,

I have just moved two days ago to the costa brava but will be moving on to the Costa Del Sol next week with a friend from here, online amiga, we should all meet up for a beer! We will be in Malaga, I dont think its that far

I may be wrong tho

Good luck, you are going to love it
Old Apr 20th 2007, 3:01 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Carly,
Welcome to BE,I cant help you much has I am still in the UK,I hope everthing goes well for you and good luck with your move By the way Keri Malaga is miles from Benidorm ,anyway keep us posted
Old Apr 20th 2007, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

jobhunter is on a distinguished road

HI there

I have lived in Benidorm for a year or so...you definately won´t be able to get a job before you get here as most people want you on the spot ready to start - so you´ll have to search when you get here...

If it´s bar / cafe work its just a matter of going round them all, drinking in them, talking to people etc - sooner or later something should turn up.

There is also a lot of telesales work which can be good as it gets you out of the scorching heat in the day and you can go out at night!! These are advertised in the round town news, or the Costa Blanca News (both are online as well as in print). Accom is advertised in here as well.

Good luck!

keep in touch as I am moving away from Benidorm at about the same time you are arriving so may have an apartment going if you are interested.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by Keri2323
Hi Carly,

I have just moved two days ago to the costa brava but will be moving on to the Costa Del Sol next week with a friend from here, online amiga, we should all meet up for a beer! We will be in Malaga, I dont think its that far

I may be wrong tho

Good luck, you are going to love it
keri malaga is miles away from benidorm.. Enjoyed reading you antics and glad all's going well for you
Old Apr 20th 2007, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

thankyou for all your replies

keri
goodluck to in malaga let me know how you get on there

Job Hunter
thankyou for all the information will have a look on line see what i can find. where abouts is your apartment?
Old Apr 20th 2007, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly in today's Costa Blanca News there were waitress jobs advertised and also the telesales positions. Loads of long term lets still available. We came out in January and had no problem finding an apartment to rent until the end of the year. We are based about 5k from Benidorm.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 6:18 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

keri, what are you like, no wonder you lost your bag, hey I'll be in malaga
12th June (en route to Ibiza meeting up with my sister and brother for a week of drinking tea and dunking biscuits) at the airport maybe you and onlineamiga can come and have coffee with me and OH, I'll paymight even spring you a meal if you were really in need of it
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:38 am
Just Joined

SueG

how are finding it in benidorm? are you working? have had a look at the costa blanca news and there is a few am going to try an email a couple of them. would really love a bar job but would take anything within reason to start off with
Old Apr 21st 2007, 10:17 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

SueG

how are finding it in benidorm? are you working? have had a look at the costa blanca news and there is a few am going to try an email a couple of them. would really love a bar job but would take anything within reason to start off with

My daughter is in Benidorm - Finestrat end. There is no work at that end so I suggest you try the Levante/Poniente/Old Town, much busier there. My daughter is only in Finestrat because she was promised a job by a friend of ours who has bought into a bar there and she is lodging with him. Unfortunately because it is so quiet he wasn't able to give her any work (he isn't even taking a wage for himself!) So she is jobless and we have been subbing her for her rent and food. She has had a few hours in a bar but there is no permanent work as yet. So go with some money in the bank to keep you going for a while in case you don't find anything. Saying that, the weather is picking up and the season is getting into full swing so the bars should be getting busier. Good Luck and I hope you find something.

You could take a look HERE
Old Apr 21st 2007, 10:36 am
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

Originally Posted by crispygirl
keri, what are you like, no wonder you lost your bag, hey I'll be in malaga
12th June (en route to Ibiza meeting up with my sister and brother for a week of drinking tea and dunking biscuits) at the airport maybe you and onlineamiga can come and have coffee with me and OH, I'll paymight even spring you a meal if you were really in need of it
How embarrassing Ah well, Im a wanderer, I would have got a mountain bike and met up with them, hehe.

That would be great crispygirl!!! The 12th of June is my Birthday!!! It would be lovely to meet you and Im sure I can speak on behalf of Andrew when I say that too xxx
Old Apr 21st 2007, 11:37 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Keri2323
How embarrassing Ah well, Im a wanderer, I would have got a mountain bike and met up with them, hehe.

That would be great crispygirl!!! The 12th of June is my Birthday!!! It would be lovely to meet you and Im sure I can speak on behalf of Andrew when I say that too xxx

I'm honoured you would want to give up a few hours of your birthday to have coffee with a 50 something. Let me chat with OH and plan our day, our flight is not until 8pm, we do have to drop the cat off at the cattery on the way but I'm sure we can manage a couple of hours. I will PM when I have more settled details.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 12:08 pm
I have a member

Originally Posted by crispygirl
I'm honoured you would want to give up a few hours of your birthday to have coffee with a 50 something. Let me chat with OH and plan our day, our flight is not until 8pm, we do have to drop the cat off at the cattery on the way but I'm sure we can manage a couple of hours. I will PM when I have more settled details.
Will be great
Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

SueG

We prefer Albir because we are older. Looking for a business to purchase but not having a lot of luck at the moment. There are jobs to be had but to be honest all want some degree of Spanish but it it still early in the season yet. The telemarketing companies are always advertising.