Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to the Ayamonte Region

Moving to the Ayamonte Region

Old Feb 4th 2012, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

hayley1109 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to the Ayamonte Region

Hi. I currently live on the Costa Blanca with my husband and 3 young children. We are looking to relocate to the Ayamonte region. Can anyone provide me with some useful information about where to start looking for property, local schools, business opportunities etc...
All my children were born here in Spain, and we have always been self employed, so we are looking to start up a business.
Any information that can be provided would be a huge help to me.
Many Thanks and Kind Regards, Hayley.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the Ayamonte Region

Hello and welcome, I too am looking at moving there. Try these agencies, El Galeon, Gibara and Euro Alquileres, they all showed me houses in the area varying in price from about 500 euros to 900 euros. Some furnished some not. There are many more agencies in town also. I cannot help with the other things sorry, but sure somebody will be along with more information for you. Do a search of this part of the site it is packed with info.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hayley1109
Hi. I currently live on the Costa Blanca with my husband and 3 young children. We are looking to relocate to the Ayamonte region. Can anyone provide me with some useful information about where to start looking for property, local schools, business opportunities etc...
All my children were born here in Spain, and we have always been self employed, so we are looking to start up a business.
Welcome to the forum. There is a load of information on this forum - you could start with the 'useful information thread' and then maybe search the forum using keywords for topics (eg ISTR there was a thread on schools, one on transport, one on furniture packs, one on things to do, one on restaurants etc etc). Then if you ask specific questions I'm sure someone will have done it before and will be able to help.
You could also have a look at http://www.infoayamonte.com/
Good luck
Old Feb 5th 2012, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hayley1109
Hi Haley, I'm sure other posters will be able to help with your enquiries but I would like to just warn you that times are very hard here as everywhere else and the few Brits left running businesses are, I'm sure, finding it tough along with the Ayamonte locals. When we first moved here there were loads of new shops/restaurants/buinesses etc all with the aim of providing a service for the then influx of new residents which sadly has come to a halt. The only places still remaining are the long standing Spanish restaurants/businesses and a couple of Expat enterprises. I'm not trying put you off but trying to give you a realistic appraisal of the situation. I will say ,however, that housing is readily available and I'm sure you would find the local schools great. I hope this is of some help and I wish you good luck for the future, regards Bryony
Old Feb 5th 2012, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Apart from searching through this sub-forum, here's another website which might prove helpful (eg. schools, health centre etc.) for starters:
http://www.guiautildeayamonte.com/se...e%20Panoramico

I've been looking through another website today, and am finding all sorts of interesting information (well, IMO):
http://www.canalcostatv.es/programacion.aspx
You can watch the match between CD San Roque and another team from Jaen, live, at 17.00hrs (Spain time).
Old Feb 6th 2012, 10:22 am
Just Joined

alaric is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Hayley,

You could visit Homes & Fincas website as they may be able to help you re property. Do you or your husband have any financial services qualifications or experience as I am in the process of setting up a new business in the Ayamonte area and may have some openings in due course.

Look forward to hearing from you if I can be of help.

Alaric
Old Feb 8th 2012, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Lloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Haley
First time on forum.
just purchased in isuri and used premier properties. As previously mentioned times are noticably slower but things can only improve at this stage. Happy hunting.
Regards all.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lloyd2012
Hi Haley
First time on forum.
just purchased in isuri and used premier properties. As previously mentioned times are noticably slower but things can only improve at this stage. Happy hunting.
Regards all.
hello Lloyd and very welcome to the forum.
Glad to hear that you have recently purchased in Costa Esuri - could I ask which development? Someone here may be able to put you in touch with neighbours, the Residents Association etc if you wish.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Lloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Mike
we purchased in the marina complex E8.
Regards
Old Feb 9th 2012, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lloyd2012
Hi Mike
we purchased in the marina complex E8.
Regards
Hi, we live on Marina Esuri Manzana 7, look forward to meeting you sometime. Regards Mike and Bryony
Old Feb 9th 2012, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi, we live on Marina Esuri Manzana 7, look forward to meeting you sometime. Regards Mike and Bryony
Hi - will be in M7 over Easter
Old Feb 12th 2012, 10:29 am
Just Joined

alaric is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

Although I do not live on the Esuri development I should very much like to meet people ther and wondered if the residents have an open night or some such get together where outsiders can come and buy them a drink!?

Look forward to meeting you all.

Kind regards,

Alaric
Old Feb 12th 2012, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by alaric
Hello everyone,

Although I do not live on the Esuri development I should very much like to meet people ther and wondered if the residents have an open night or some such get together where outsiders can come and buy them a drink!?

Kind regards,

Alaric
See http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...614581&page=31 post #458. Invitation to a social meeting event in the Club House.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 7:21 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alaric
Hello everyone,

Kind regards,

Alaric
The event Mike posted about just above will have a lot of people so bring a fat wallet!
Old Feb 13th 2012, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
The event Mike posted about just above will have a lot of people so bring a fat wallet!
Or make it happy hour.

Ken.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.