Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

a move to spain

a move to spain

Old Feb 20th 2007, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

lezz12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink a move to spain

we will moving to spain later in the year. we need to find place to stay.we have a motohome. as we will be bringing dogs and macaw. we will have a look at areas . before renting. need info? about rulal granada and valencia .we start from bilbao can any one help
Old Feb 20th 2007, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

Wink a move to spain

we will moving to spain later in the year. we need to find place to stay.we have a motohome. as we will be bringing dogs and macaw. we will have a look at areas . before renting. need info? about rulal granada and valencia .we start from bilbao can any one help
Old Feb 20th 2007, 10:29 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: a move to spain

Originally Posted by lezz12 View Post

Hi lezz12, I have a question for you "are you one of triplets" I only ask as there seems to be 3 of you Joking a side, welcome to the forum hope you find what you are looking for here, I'm not in the area you are looking at but I know out of season down this way a lot of motohomes park up along the beach for a few days at a time and the local polica are happy to leave them alone as long as they are being good. The camp sites around here tend not to open much out of season.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 6:52 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

No suggesting you are looking to do this, but, judging by all the the motorhomes parked on a supermarket car park near here, they just run up, park overnight, or even for a few weeks, pay nothing then move on, som of the motorhomes here are most certainly illegal in Spain as have UK plates, no tax disc etc, suspect the owners are having a nice long, almost free holiday. There are motorhome parks and camping sites around, one not too far from here at Punta Prima, don't know about the more rural areas though.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 6:57 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Please do not post the same thread 3 times, it gets a bit confusing
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:13 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr View Post
Please do not post the same thread 3 times, it gets a bit confusing

Not difficult to confuse me

Motorhomes park anywhere around here, as mentioned above on supermarket car parks and market areas. No one seems to bother much. Good camp sites also, about 10 just in the Oliva area.

You'll have to be a bit more specific about the info you want on areas though .... big place
Old Feb 21st 2007, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

not one of triplets .new to pc . son teaching me to use pc , by tel at night as calls are free.i like what i have read about granada but have not been to the area. we been to alicante /valencia love the mountains. like place inland as we have dogs small or big garden i like growing .we can live in our moterhome. so can a see alot of spain, maybe rent befor buying
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

Wanna move to Spain is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: a move to spain

Hi there,I am a newbie to this forum but hope to make lots of friends.I am currently still in dreary Britain longing to move to Spain with my partner as soon as I can.Unfortunately we think this may be a long wait as we have no money apart from what we earn every week here.Neither of us know where to start really.It's all a bit risky as we don't know Spanish let alone be fluent enough to get a decent job.We would have to go to an Expat area where we'd be able to make a start as it would be easier to get work in an English speaking community.I know everybody thinks we Brits are a disgrace and I hope nobody attacks me for saying this but we think this is the only way to get on location and then we fully plan to integrate and learn Spanish etc.It is our dream to live there.There is nothing for us in England except the attitude and growing crime rates you all talk about.By the way you all seem like you don't regret moving and seem like a fun bunch of people.If anybody has any suggestions on how to make this move a reality,we would love to hear from you pretty please Also what a small world Lezz12.We lived in Skegness for a couple of years recently too.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:47 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wanna move to Spain View Post
Hi there,I am a newbie to this forum but hope to make lots of friends.I am currently still in dreary Britain longing to move to Spain with my partner as soon as I can.Unfortunately we think this may be a long wait as we have no money apart from what we earn every week here.Neither of us know where to start really.It's all a bit risky as we don't know Spanish let alone be fluent enough to get a decent job.We would have to go to an Expat area where we'd be able to make a start as it would be easier to get work in an English speaking community.I know everybody thinks we Brits are a disgrace and I hope nobody attacks me for saying this but we think this is the only way to get on location and then we fully plan to integrate and learn Spanish etc.It is our dream to live there.There is nothing for us in England except the attitude and growing crime rates you all talk about.By the way you all seem like you don't regret moving and seem like a fun bunch of people.If anybody has any suggestions on how to make this move a reality,we would love to hear from you pretty please Also what a small world Lezz12.We lived in Skegness for a couple of years recently too.
Hi and welcome ..
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:16 pm
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of

Hi there welcome to our humble forum ! At the end of the day you got to follow your dreams and go for it ! ive got a place in the sun moving out there for good in about 3mths and i cant wait ! but it aint been a walk in the park its taken us 3years to get to where we are now and a lot of hard work and quite a bit of planning as we didnt want to go out there and have start working straight away if i was you i would work ya socks off for the next couple of years then go so you then have got something to fall back on !
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:25 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there "wanna move to spain". I too am still in dreary britain hoping to move out there soon.

My advice for you is to start learning spanish now. The michele thomas cds are excellent and worth the investment, theres also some sites online that can help you too. Its a lot easier to pick up spanish out there but to get to know the basics on how the lingo works and the odd words is a great start. Even if you can say hello, thank you, sorry, goodbye etc in spanish it all helps and shows them that youre not just a 'typical brit' who doesnt care about learning the language.

In the meantime do try and save up as much money as you can, you will need a bit of a pot when you get there. Its very difficult to get a job before you actually go as most employers want your commitment by actually being there. Having said that you never know, have a look. Go out there for a weeks holiday and look for a flight.

The Costa Del Sol is a good place for expats. It seems like we've taken over the place. Theres numerous english speaking radio stations, papers and loads british pubs and companies all trading down there. Thats where i intend to start.

My other advice is research, research, get plans together and get backup plans together.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Wanna move to Spain is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: a move to spain

Hi there again and can I say thankyou for such a warm welcome.You all are lovely.You all said exactly the same as I was thinking.Stay here and work and save lots so we have cash to fall back on.I think it would take us a year to sort out all the junk in this house as well though!I was reckoning on about 3 years to get it all together. Never mind though anything worth having is worth waiting for.It sure does sound like a good life over there and it would be lovely to meet somebody with good manners for a change and we have always yearned to live in a friendly community.That has been long gone over here.I don't have the experience or Spanish fluency to get a well paid job.I've worked in Cinemas,factories,shops and was a Support Manager of Pizza Hut.I currently work in a mail sorting room for Barclays Bank.I also worked in the Tower Cinema and Amusements in Skegness.Lezz 12,you know where that is.Small world!My partner has worked in the same industries as me so we would both be looking for that sort of work.I forgot to mention we both worked as Taxi operators and I have done some bar and restaurant work.I will keep you updated and visit here regularly and thank you again for your kindness.Sorry was another long post but just introducing us both.Cheers
Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:19 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there again and can I say thankyou for such a warm welcome.You all are lovely.You all said exactly the same as I was thinking.Stay here and work and save lots so we have cash to fall back on.I think it would take us a year to sort out all the junk in this house as well though!I was reckoning on about 3 years to get it all together. Never mind though anything worth having is worth waiting for.It sure does sound like a good life over there and it would be lovely to meet somebody with good manners for a change and we have always yearned to live in a friendly community.That has been long gone over here.I don't have the experience or Spanish fluency to get a well paid job.I've worked in Cinemas,factories,shops and was a Support Manager of Pizza Hut.I currently work in a mail sorting room for Barclays Bank.I also worked in the Tower Cinema and Amusements in Skegness.Lezz 12,you know where that is.Small world!My partner has worked in the same industries as me so we would both be looking for that sort of work.I forgot to mention we both worked as Taxi operators and I have done some bar and restaurant work.I will keep you updated and visit here regularly and thank you again for your kindness.Sorry was another long post but just introducing us both.Cheers

I really hate to put a downer on things but you need to think long and hard about what you guys want to do if you go to Spain.
I am assuming you are not at retirement age, if so ignore what i say next.
You will need to live, and while living can be cheaper in Spain, its not as big a difference as you are expecting, so you will have to find work.
If you are young, bar work will suffice for now, it is fun, it means you will meet loads of people and you will enjoy the hours, but it wont last, while every other bugger is playing you are working, so you decide to join in, then you end up with a bit of a reputation as someone who likes to have a party.
If your not young then its the most miserable life on earth, you will be either surrounded by young drunks having a good time and thinking you are an old git or by old drunk gits who will tell you that you know bugger all because they have lived out there since god was a boy!
If you find a good place the money will be shite, it always is.

Sorry to be a grump but you need to go out with your eyes wide open and a ton of research done, that way you may end up living and staying in one of the most beautiful, vibrant, exciting and special countries in the world.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 6:25 am
Just Joined

alexc1 is an unknown quantity at this point

not one of triplets .new to pc . son teaching me to use pc , by tel at night as calls are free.i like what i have read about granada but have not been to the area. we been to alicante /valencia love the mountains. like place inland as we have dogs small or big garden i like growing .we can live in our moterhome. so can a see alot of spain, maybe rent befor buying
Have visited Andalucia many times, Granada is stunning!! Last July flew to Granada then drove down to friends house near Velez Malaga- great scenery, parts of the valley are very lush especially around Granada, and the Alhambra a must, beautiful place. As you can probably tell I love this area of Spain, I'm very jealous - Very best of luck!!
Old Mar 1st 2007, 3:05 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Loads of us ex linc and leics on here. I was from rural lincolnshire and my wife was from Leicester before we moved ou. However, must say, you will need money to tide you over when you first come out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.