move to Ibiza

Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

raeburnsidi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: move to Ibiza

Hi Nick,
hope this finds you well,
we have had some bad luck we have lost our house that we are in the middle of buying due to a german offering more money !!!!
So we are having to start from sctratch with less then 3 weeks !!!
Can you ask your wife if she can find out what schools there are in sta eulilia that would be one less job for me.
One of us will be fyling out in the nxt day or so to view other houses it would be nice if we could meet in person ? I shall let you knoe when if that is ok.
Kind regards
Rae
Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

Nick,
doing this in the sun for once sorry for the spelling mistakes.
rae
Old Jul 19th 2007, 7:36 am
Just Joined

nickclayton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by raeburnsidi
Nick,
doing this in the sun for once sorry for the spelling mistakes.
rae
Hi Rae

Buying property here can be a nightmare. I won't scare you by describing what we went through.

It's also difficult and expensive to find somewhere to rent in August which is the absolute peak of the season. You get a million visitors in one month and the island's population is only 100,000. But I'd still suggest you rent somewhere before you think about buying. It'll be cheaper and better in the long run. People still believe you can charge silly money for properties in the summer and occasionally they're right. Prices drop through the winter and you can negotiate much more easily.

Sorry, but I can't be a much help on the schools situation either. Although my wife teaches English to kids, they're all on the other side of the island and we don't know any people with children near Sta Eulalia.

All I can say is "good luck". You've set yourself a really tough task.

Nick
Old Jul 19th 2007, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Hi Nick,
Thanks for getting back to me.
We have a few houses lined up for monday to view so fingers crossed. Renting is not an option for us as we have 4 kids 3 dogs and 1 cat and mother, finding a place to house all of us would be a task no one will take the animals.
Any way thanks again and bye for now.
Rae