move to Ibiza

Old Jul 15th 2007, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

raeburnsidi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default move to Ibiza

Hello,
We are moving to Ibiza within the next couple of weeks, and would like any expats that would be able to help to get in touch. Just for numbers for electricians, plumbers , translator all the things you may need when first moving.
Any help would be great .
Thanks
Rae
Old Jul 15th 2007, 9:00 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of
Default Re: move to Ibiza

Hi ya, can't believe you haven't had any replies, can't help you at all have only been to ibiza once. Everyone seems to be on the threads about matt in siesta. Hope you get some help and good luck for your move.
Luv Eve
xx
Old Jul 15th 2007, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raeburnsidi
Hello,
We are moving to Ibiza within the next couple of weeks, and would like any expats that would be able to help to get in touch. Just for numbers for electricians, plumbers , translator all the things you may need when first moving.
Thanks
Rae

Hi Rae..welcome to the forum...unfortunately I can't help either..don't know the islands at all..I think Big Pete is an island man..but I am sure someone will be able to offer some advice..have you tried a search in the facility at the top of the page..??
Good luck with your move, hope it goes well for you.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 9:25 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
Thanks
Rae
Hiya

Sorry cant help you , no knowledge of Ibiza nearest i have been was driving the SEAT ibiza car ..

Someone will come along who can help you maybe , but welcome to the forum anyways .
Old Jul 16th 2007, 7:18 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eve

Hi ya, can't believe you haven't had any replies, can't help you at all have only been to ibiza once. Everyone seems to be on the threads about matt in siesta. Hope you get some help and good luck for your move.
Luv Eve
xx
That a dig at me?

Hi there Raeburnsidi, we briefly looked at Ibiza when we were looking at places, I have some things in my book marks and I will post them later on.

There is quite a lot of info out there, in the meantime check out Loquo, bloody helpful.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 7:42 am
Just Joined

nickclayton is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I live in Ibiza and would be happy to help if I can. The problem is your question's so general that it's hard to know where to start. Also, although the island's not that big, it's big enough that an electrician, say, isn't going to go across from one side to the other for a call out.

I should also warn you that finding the sort of people you're after at this time of year is a nightmare. Everybody's working flat out through the season which only really runs from July to September to make enough to live off for the rest of the year.

Sorry to sound negative. Ibiza's a great place to live, but it's best once the b@#%$y tourists have gone.

Nick
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Dear Nick,
Thankyou so much for your reply.
We are hopefully coming within the next 2 weeks just waiting for a date from the notary on when we can sign.
We will be living in Santa Eulilia just on the outskirts near the bus station. We will be looking for several people one a plumber to change over boiler as very old and radiators, fit air conditioning there is a system already but very old. Also we need a suma ? and the name of a good translator and local schools for our kids.
From looking on the net the nearest junior school is in santa gretudis is that right ? Want state schools not private.
Also do you know if there is any law that would stop us from opening a mobile car valeting business ?
You are a star many thanks
Rae
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:13 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Nick,
Thankyou so much for your reply.
We are hopefully coming within the next 2 weeks just waiting for a date from the notary on when we can sign.
We will be living in Santa Eulilia just on the outskirts near the bus station. We will be looking for several people one a plumber to change over boiler as very old and radiators, fit air conditioning there is a system already but very old. Also we need a suma ? and the name of a good translator and local schools for our kids.
From looking on the net the nearest junior school is in santa gretudis is that right ? Want state schools not private.
Also do you know if there is any law that would stop us from opening a mobile car valeting business ?
You are a star many thanks
Rae
Have you tried Loquo?
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:24 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Have you tried Loquo?
you got shares??
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:25 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by lynnxa
you got shares??
go on, hijack another thread!

I am going to take this up at the next shareholders meeting you know.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:26 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
go on, hijack another thread!

I am going to take this up at the next shareholders meeting you know.
can I come?
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

Hi Rae

I live in the country about four kilometres from Sta Eulalia so I can help you out with some of this, I hope. I can certainly recommend a plumber although I'm not sure how busy he is at the moment. Boilers here are fairly short lived because the water's so hard. They're not difficult to replace, although they're one of the many things that tend to be more expensive than on the mainland. The same goes for air con. Let me know once you've got a definite date. I can also find you somebody to do translation. I'm not sure what you mean by a "Suma", apart from it being the name of a supermarket chain here.

Not having kids myself I'm not sure about schools, but I'd be surprised if the nearest junior was in Sta Gertrudis which is a fairly small place. There are several state schools for various schools in Sta Eulalia, I'm just not sure which age range is catered for. I do know that teaching in state schools is mainly in catalan because my wife teaches English to the kids of various expat Brits who feel that their kids might one day want to complete their education in the UK.

I can't think of any legal reason why you shouldn't start a mobile car valeting service. I don't know of any, but then it tends to be dirt that holds my car together so I wouldn't be looking to get it cleaned. The weather god will certainly support your venture. Every year in early summer he dumps a load of wet Sahara on Ibiza turning everything muddy red. It's timed to coincide with people finishing whitewashing their houses.

Hope that's a bit of help.

Nick
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Dear Nick,
Thankyou once again for your quick reply. Great to hear that you are not far from us. We are not to worried about undertaking any plumbing or air con work out now it can wait for a while.
A suma from what I understand is some one who deals with all your taxes, gas and water and electric bills.
Fantastic to hear that your wife is a teacher, we will certainly be looking at taking that up for our eldest son who is ten.
Shall let you know when we have a date.
Thanks again
Rae
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Hi Nick,
who is louqo ?
thanks
rae
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

I must admit I'd nver heard of Loquo before. It's basically like craigslist which is really big in the States. It's a combination of classified ads and discussion forums. It looks quite good for Spanish cities, but there's not one for Ibiza...

I've still never heard of a "Suma" but paying utility and tax bills is a relatively straightforward process. It's normally just a matter of setting up a standing order at the bank.

Nick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.