Reload this Page >

Motorway Toll Law Passed

Motorway Toll Law Passed

Old Dec 12th 2011, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

DickieJarv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Motorway Toll Law Passed

Originally Posted by John & Kath
I think that is the one but I don't think you or I will get a choice they will have a standard list of height tables and will just look up your car on that and that's what you pay.
Of course that makes sense - we're going to the airport next week so will all become clear. Unless the vigilantes have burnt all the gantries by then!!
Old Dec 12th 2011, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

Originally Posted by DickieJarv
Is this how you've measured it? As you say the class thing is all a bit bizarre, how will most people be able to determine these things especially if they are infrequent visitors?
Yes, although I actually took the measurement at the rear axle because it's easier to meaure.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 5:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Motorway Toll Law Passed

Apparently this was taken this morning at Boliqueime gantry!
This is the second time the vigilantes have burnt out a control box you would think they would have cameras on them by now. They reinforced the doors after the first attack.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 6:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
What is the problem about paying 6 euros on the toll road? I pay around that on the AP7 from Valencia to Oliva. Quiet motorway with no lorries. Great.
Johnny last monday I went from Gibraltar to Tavira.
Between Jerez and Seville I stopped and paid the €6.10 toll by handing cash to the man in the toll booth.
I did the same in reverse on Thursday, no problem no complaint.
Thursday morning I left Tavira and travelled along the A22, I am not sure which toll I should have been charged either €2.30 or €4.05, but there was no way I could pay it. No man in a booth, no barrier with credit card facilities, no information nothing.
I believe there was information for people travelling in the opposite direction.
It is not the toll but the method of implementation and lack of information that is the problem.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Between Jerez and Seville I stopped and paid the €6.10 toll by handing cash to the man in the toll booth.
Thursday morning I left Tavira and travelled along the A22, I am not sure which toll I should have been charged either €2.30 or €4.05, but there was no way I could pay it. No man in a booth, no barrier with credit card facilities, no information nothing.
I believe there was information for people travelling in the opposite direction.
It is not the toll but the method of implementation and lack of information that is the problem.
Oh, that's what all the fuss is about. That would drive me mad too. I have never had any problems on the AP7. Let's hope they sort it out soon for you as the non toll route is likely to be quite congested by lorries avoiding the toll.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

The temporary booth at the Border post west bound also accepts payment. The road there is not motorway and you can cross from east to west. The police and border guard do it all the time great care is needed.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

The temporary booth at the Border post west bound also accepts payment. The road there is not motorway and you can cross from east to west. The police and border guard do it all the time great care is needed.
I tend to drive through there at around 100 kph which is much slower than most, the idea of performing a u turn would be suicidal. The Portugese police are not known for their common sense.

Also note I entered the A22 at Tavira there was no information on paying.

I did see what appeared to be a trailer near the information office at the border west bound but it could have been selling Hot Dogs
Old Dec 12th 2011, 9:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I tend to drive through there at around 100 kph which is much slower than most, the idea of performing a u turn would be suicidal. The Portugese police are not known for their common sense.

Also note I entered the A22 at Tavira there was no information on paying.

I did see what appeared to be a trailer near the information office at the border west bound but it could have been selling Hot Dogs
It might as well have been their card machine would not work!
Old Dec 14th 2011, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Rumour just going round that Guia toll has now been vandalized... not sure if they've got any plans for the Eastern Algarve?
Old Dec 14th 2011, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Be nice if there was a machine at Faro airport where you prepay for return trip to Costa Esuri.
I would use that for start and return journey of holiday,
but would use the old road for duration of stay for trips into Portugal as just not worth the hassle of hunting around for a machine,etc during stay
Old Dec 14th 2011, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Rumour just going round that Guia toll has now been vandalized... not sure if they've got any plans for the Eastern Algarve?
Definitely not just a rumour http://algarvedailynews.com/news/528...ite-gun-attack Regards Bryony
Old Dec 15th 2011, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rafikiphoto
No doubt about my Defender. I just measured it. It's class 2: 1.60 from axle to roofline

So the strategy will be N125/N125 when collecting and A22/N125 when dropping off I think.
Did a recce to the Border kiosk yesterday to see if I could pre-pay for my airport run next week and also in January and sorted both with the help of the kindly attendant. They will be there for one more week she said. My 4x4 is Class 1 so it was €11.24 for a return trip - as far as I could understand her explanation Class 2 was more for Transit vans, MPVs that type of thing. Hope that helps a bit.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

Did a recce to the Border kiosk yesterday to see if I could pre-pay for my airport run next week and also in January and sorted both with the help of the kindly attendant. They will be there for one more week she said. My 4x4 is Class 1 so it was €11.24 for a return trip - as far as I could understand her explanation Class 2 was more for Transit vans, MPVs that type of thing. Hope that helps a bit.
Thanks yes. Which 4x4 do you drive? Did she have a list of vehicles with their classes?
Old Dec 15th 2011, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rafikiphoto
Thanks yes. Which 4x4 do you drive? Did she have a list of vehicles with their classes?
Suzuki Grand Vitara - no list just the different vehicle graphics on the screen like the one we've seen on the Estradas or CTT website. She just looked at my car and said Class 1 so I asked her for a bit of an explanation for you guys. If it's not out of the way probably best for you to pop down there before they go.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Definitely not just a rumour http://algarvedailynews.com/news/528...ite-gun-attack Regards Bryony
Hi Bryony, that link was for the Boliqueime gantry burnt on Monday. I think the Guia one was apparently vandalised on Thursday morning. This link may explain more http://www.algarvedailynews.com/news...arves-motorway

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.