motorcycles

Old May 29th 2007, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

big mul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default motorcycles

hi. i moved to spain 2 months ago. i live near gandia and so far its great. i have a car and a uk driving licence. what i want to know is does having a uk car licence entitle me to ride say a 600 cc motorcycle or am i limited to a 125cc as the spanish are? if so how hard is pasing your test here? as i have heard you can take it worded in english now. also in england you can have a big bike and have it restricted till you pass your test i think. do they do anything like that here? also whats insurance like? im 25 prob wud only want 3rd party as it will mainly be a toy for weekends. thanx.
Old May 31st 2007, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: motorcycles

thanx for the help guys!!!!!
Old May 31st 2007, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

obviously no bikers amongst us

Does it not say on your license what catergory vehicles you can drive ??
Old May 31st 2007, 10:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think many have bikes here, apart from m+m.
If you have a euro licence that covers motocycles, then it is valid, if not then you are limited to smaller engines.
Read the bit about Euro licence in the free beer thread at the top of the page.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't help you with the test but a full UK car licence will cover you to drive up to 125cc in Spain unless you have passed your bike test in the UK.
There is no such thing as being able to restrict a bigger bike in the UK. Your car licence would give you a provisional entitlement up to 125cc.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 5:46 am
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big mul
hi. i moved to spain 2 months ago. i live near gandia and so far its great. i have a car and a uk driving licence. what i want to know is does having a uk car licence entitle me to ride say a 600 cc motorcycle or am i limited to a 125cc as the spanish are? if so how hard is pasing your test here? as i have heard you can take it worded in english now. also in england you can have a big bike and have it restricted till you pass your test i think. do they do anything like that here? also whats insurance like? im 25 prob wud only want 3rd party as it will mainly be a toy for weekends. thanx.
Hi big mul and welcome to the forum.

This is the info I have from the Trafico at Benidorm:

You can drive upto a 125cc on a FULL UK driving license (this must include an A provisional on your paper counterpart). The test here is not as difficult as the UK, from what I've been told but you need to be a resident in order to take it in Spain. As for bikes being restricted, I don't think you can do this here, but don't quote me on it....best to ask a dealer.

Our insurance for our 125cc scooter (3rd party) was €126.43 for a year. Our insurance (fully comp) for our Yamaha 1100 is €1,025 for a year. The reason the insurance for the big bike is so high is because a) the bike is new and b) my husband hasn't had his bike license for more than 2 years. I believe yours would be even higher for a big bike because of the tender years of your youth

Hope this has been of some help and sorry for not replying sooner but I guess I just missed this post

Best of luck
Martha

Last edited by MnM; Jun 1st 2007 at 6:57 am.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 5:57 am
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain
obviously no bikers amongst us
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

*biker booted toe a tap tap tappin....and hands on leather clad hips*
What do you mean, no bikers amongst us? Did you not see the photo of The Beast

Then there's Big John with his Harley and BigBhudda and even Big Pete

vroom vroom

P.S. even Matt has revealed that he has a quad
Old Jun 1st 2007, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MnM

vroom vroom

thanx guys! thats helped me out a bit. i think i will purchace a 125 cc for now and look into taking my test here then move on to a biger bike. also my dad may be moving over here soon. he has had a bike licence for around 20 yrs he has got a new yamaha r1 at the moment in england. il have to find out weather insurance would be cheap here for him. oh and there are such things as restricted bikes if you are under 21 you canot take your full acess bike test in england however you can at 18 take a cat a test wich entitles you to ride a machine of unlimited capacity but restricts bhp to 33bhp (look on youtube under restricted r6) after riding this for 2 yrs you then are alowed unlimited capacity and bhp. thaught they may have somthing simlar over here. any way thanx again.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 8:51 am
Just Joined

sorry clicked quote instead of new reply! ill get the hang of this eventualy! lol
Old Jun 1st 2007, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by big mul
sorry clicked quote instead of new reply! ill get the hang of this eventualy! lol
Here's a link to the DVLA website on what you can/can't ride
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...eds/DG_4022568
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

torie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MnM

vroom vroom

Yeah! And here I am with 4 bikes. All right, so only 2 of them work at the moment. But I couldn't answer your question as we both passed our bike tests in the UK years ago... Sorry!

But an interesting thing to note here, is that it appears that the bike is insured, not the person. Meaning, where in the UK I had insurance that covered me for riding any insured bike. Here - the 2 bikes are insured, but anyone can ride them (As long as they are old than the person the bike is insured for... so you can't insure a bike for a 45 year old to ride, and then have an 18 year ride it!)

Hope this helps!

t0rie
Old Jun 1st 2007, 3:04 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by torie
Yeah! And here I am with 4 bikes. All right, so only 2 of them work at the moment. But I couldn't answer your question as we both passed our bike tests in the UK years ago... Sorry!

But an interesting thing to note here, is that it appears that the bike is insured, not the person. Meaning, where in the UK I had insurance that covered me for riding any insured bike. Here - the 2 bikes are insured, but anyone can ride them (As long as they are old than the person the bike is insured for... so you can't insure a bike for a 45 year old to ride, and then have an 18 year ride it!)

Hope this helps!

t0rie
I thought it would of been like a car, anyone over 30 but excess if younger.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

torie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
I thought it would of been like a car, anyone over 30 but excess if younger.
Could be... one of mine is classic insurance, so that might be different. Guess it depends on the policy -worth checking that when you get the quotes!

t0rie
Old Jun 1st 2007, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM

vroom vroom

no I didnt, have now though - not really my cup of tea but each to their own. Im more into MOTOGP, superbikes etc dad used to race and has a Hyabusa and my uncles have R1´s but I dont ride, was bad (and fast) enough being a passenger
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

i have been asked to ask on behalf of my father in law. is matriculating or changing to spanish reg an english registerd bike difficult/ the resaon being he has a harley he would like to bring over. thanx .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.