Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

motorcross tracks

motorcross tracks

Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice
Question motorcross tracks

hey all,
hubbys asked me to find out if there are any good motox tracks in the alicante region???

jeanc
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:25 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: motorcross tracks

Originally Posted by jeanc
hey all,
hubbys asked me to find out if there are any good motox tracks in the alicante region???

jeanc
Have a look

Here

They do excursions, etc., but that means that there are definitely tracks in the area, maybe you can email or call and find out where.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

firtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nice

Originally Posted by MnM
Have a look

Here

They do excursions, etc., but that means that there are definitely tracks in the area, maybe you can email or call and find out where.

I do quite a bit of off roading in the Jeep around the mountains between Javea and Alicante. There is truly a myriad of dirt roads, dry river beds and just plain old Forestry roads in these mountains. The best bet is to get hold of Spanish Military maps that can be purchased in select booksellers in the area, and study them intensely. I came here knowing nothing about the terrain and have built up quite a database of interesting places to visit that are off the beaten track. Been so far up the Bernia Range that I had hikers wondering how I got there, been up the range dividing Castell de Castells from the Gaudalest Valley to a point 1200m up. I´ve also seen motox guys cross the Bernia Range.

I think your husband will find plenty of available places to have fun here. If he would like to know more just let me know. I know I only do 4X4 but I go places that I don´t reckon many vehicles can go...bragging here!!!

Firtreesix
Old Apr 14th 2007, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by firtreesix
I do quite a bit of off roading in the Jeep around the mountains between Javea and Alicante. There is truly a myriad of dirt roads, dry river beds and just plain old Forestry roads in these mountains. The best bet is to get hold of Spanish Military maps that can be purchased in select booksellers in the area, and study them intensely. I came here knowing nothing about the terrain and have built up quite a database of interesting places to visit that are off the beaten track. Been so far up the Bernia Range that I had hikers wondering how I got there, been up the range dividing Castell de Castells from the Gaudalest Valley to a point 1200m up. I´ve also seen motox guys cross the Bernia Range.

I think your husband will find plenty of available places to have fun here. If he would like to know more just let me know. I know I only do 4X4 but I go places that I don´t reckon many vehicles can go...bragging here!!!

Firtreesix
If the policia catch ya are you in big trouble like you are here?
Old Apr 14th 2007, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

firtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nice

Originally Posted by jeanc
If the policia catch ya are you in big trouble like you are here?
If there are no signs stating that you are on private land etc., you shouldn´t have any issues. Up on the Forestry roads they sometimes have signs that say for "Authorised Use Only"...I wouldn´t want to get caught in a case like that as I understand the fine is quite hefty...6,000 euros according to the one official we talked with. I have only encountered two such signs in the mountains, so......Also, I have never encountered any law enforcement up there as I don´t think they have vehicles as capable as mine

Firtreesix
Old Apr 14th 2007, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Big_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really nice

Hi,

I do the same things myself, when we used to live in the Malaga area have been up some fantastic backwood tracks and seen some fantastic sights.

Now live in Galicia and do the same thing up here, never had a problem just some funny looks from hikers, especially as I normally have my wife with me, and you can see the look in their eyes OH YEAH we know what you two are up to .....but then if we ever get stuck how on earth do you get out, and my wife is brill at that

When we have been to the Balaerics we have done the same thing, but surely that is what a 4x4 is for .....or should I have left mine in Chelsea many years ago
Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Big_john
Hi,

I do the same things myself, when we used to live in the Malaga area have been up some fantastic backwood tracks and seen some fantastic sights.

Now live in Galicia and do the same thing up here, never had a problem just some funny looks from hikers, especially as I normally have my wife with me, and you can see the look in their eyes OH YEAH we know what you two are up to .....but then if we ever get stuck how on earth do you get out, and my wife is brill at that

When we have been to the Balaerics we have done the same thing, but surely that is what a 4x4 is for .....or should I have left mine in Chelsea many years ago
Hi Big John,

if you don´t mind my asking, what kind of 4X4 do you have for your excursions?

I know what you mean by the looks of hikers as they observe a couple in a vehicle in a remote location, heh! It would be pretty difficult to get up to much in a Jeep Wrangler like we have

Firtreesix
Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:16 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big_john
Hi,

Getting stuck ?
I think back to my mates Austin champ with the roller engine, that had sort of cotton reel type things on the wheels.
You could tie a rope to a tree and put the other end on the reel and wind yourself out.
Its a wonder the yanks never copied that idea.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Getting stuck ?
I think back to my mates Austin champ with the roller engine, that had sort of cotton reel type things on the wheels.
You could tie a rope to a tree and put the other end on the reel and wind yourself out.
Its a wonder the yanks never copied that idea.

...when Adam was a child....
Old Apr 16th 2007, 11:30 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
...when Adam was a child....
Cheeky.... in the 60`s he bought it from an ex army surplus dealer.
Still had all the cans, shovels etc on it, bar the machine gun, for 250 quid, we used to take it to Highbeach Epping forest. ;-(
Old Apr 16th 2007, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Cheeky.... in the 60`s he bought it from an ex army surplus dealer.
Still had all the cans, shovels etc on it, bar the machine gun, for 250 quid, we used to take it to Highbeach Epping forest. ;-(
That was as far as my green rover would take me...!..£250 !! that was almost a years pay then...you moved in high circles..
Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Big_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really nice

Originally Posted by firtreesix
Hi Big John,

if you don´t mind my asking, what kind of 4X4 do you have for your excursions?

I know what you mean by the looks of hikers as they observe a couple in a vehicle in a remote location, heh! It would be pretty difficult to get up to much in a Jeep Wrangler like we have

Firtreesix
Hi Firtreesix,

Have a Series 2 Disco, have had it from new 4 yrs old and have done 350,000 kms in it.
When we first bought it had it chipped and it's been a great vehicle for towing & off road, even pulled a Concrete lorry out of a ditch that he had slid into when we were out on some campo once ....and he was dead chuffed, but so was I cause when he hitched us up I thought this will never do it but, down in low low and she just pulled him out

Before that have had various swb,lwb, mk1 range rover

Ours is alway's off road as we don't have a road to our house we live 2ks down a forestry track, our nearest neighbour is 3ks away
Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:13 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

That was as far as my green rover would take me...!..£250 !! that was almost a years pay then...you moved in high circles..
His daddy was a bookmaker.
A lot of it was still in the greaseproof wrapping paper with the date on it, I spose it was too late for them to be sent to war and they scrapped them.
I always remember seeing the RR engine in it, it would do the same speed in reverse as forwards, dodgy to steer though. HERE
Attached Thumbnails motorcross tracks-champ.jpg  
Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jdr
His daddy was a bookmaker.
A lot of it was still in the greaseproof wrapping paper with the date on it, I spose it was too late for them to be sent to war and they scrapped them.
I always remember seeing the RR engine in it, it would do the same speed in reverse as forwards, dodgy to steer though. HERE
Butchers and Bookies eh...Very interesting JDR, shame it did not last, nice looking machine though..I have a Suzuki Grand Vitara which I will probably be bringing down at some time this year as my place is well off the tarmac, that is a good old machine...Have to save up for the fuel though...there goes my Eco footprint again.....
Old Apr 16th 2007, 4:18 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Butchers and Bookies eh...Very interesting JDR, shame it did not last, nice looking machine though..I have a Suzuki Grand Vitara which I will probably be bringing down at some time this year as my place is well off the tarmac, that is a good old machine...Have to save up for the fuel though...there goes my Eco footprint again.....
What butcher ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.