Mosquito bites

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of
Default Mosquito bites

I'm still scratching from a trip to Tenerife in October and was wondering what really works to prevent Mossie bites?

Thanks in advance,

Lynne x
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:31 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mosquito bites

Originally Posted by crocodileseamus
I'm still scratching from a trip to Tenerife in October and was wondering what really works to prevent Mossie bites?

Thanks in advance,

Lynne x
Marmite
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

What do you mean, rub it on my itchy bites, or eat it?

Will it affect my fake tan??

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:37 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean, rub it on my itchy bites, or eat it?

Will it affect my fake tan??

It'll give you a fake tan to be sure

Apparantly regularly eating Marmite discourages mossies
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

I can honestly say I've never tasted the stuff, coming from Northern Ireland it isn't really encouraged.

I read once that beer keeps them away, but that doesn't work for me,

Lynne
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:49 pm
Senior Moment

I can honestly say I've never tasted the stuff, coming from Northern Ireland it isn't really encouraged.

I read once that beer keeps them away, but that doesn't work for me,

Lynne
Beer works for me as after a few I usually fall in the pool and they dont get to me then ....... mind you the marmite makes a terrible mess
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Torrevieja & Los Altos, Spain. Formaly from Wembley, London, UK
Wendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud of

I swear by Marmite to eat on a piece of brown toast.

There is something you can but in the baby range of Mercadona, it is the baby colone, just put some in a spray bottle & spray it on. I think it is called Nunca or something like that.

Luckily they don't touch me.

Wendy x
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy Nesbeth

There is something you can but in the baby range of Mercadona, it is the baby colone, just put some in a spray bottle & spray it on. I think it is called Nunca or something like that.

Wendy x
Maybe because Marmite contains Vit B????

We use Daneuron which contains
B1 100mg
B6 200mg
B12 200mg

Take one tablet per day a few days before going into a mossie area.

No problems.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Elly May has a brilliant futureElly May has a brilliant futureElly May has a brilliant futureElly May has a brilliant futureElly May has a brilliant futureElly May has a brilliant futureElly May has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Wendy Nesbeth

Wendy x

Hi,
As Wendy says try this -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nenuco-Spanish...QQcmdZViewItem

Apply reguarly, morning and evening and along with eating marmite and also spraying in between times with Avon Skin So Soft you should keep the little buggers totally away from you.

You'll smell really nice too.....
Old Apr 4th 2008, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Avon skin so soft range, something in it that the mozzies do not like. Have also been told raw garlic clove in a glass of water by bed stops them, but have not tried that one myself!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

raddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant future

After having limited success with marmite I was recommended yeast tablets preferably with vit B and it worked for me when I used to holiday in Turkey where the mozzies were a real nuisance. It doesn't stop the buggers biting you but they obviously don't like the taste of you and whatever it is they do that make you swell and itch doesn't happen. Trouble is the tablets smell like 'Bob Martins'.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 9:52 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

If you do get bitten, asap get a mug of hot water, then hold the mug against the bite. The idea is to heat the bite as much as possible without burning it.

That will stop it itching and will reduce the swelling.

The sooner you apply it, the better it acts.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:29 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

The best thing I have found after trying almost everything except Marmite (cos I think it tastes disgusting) is Halley. You can get it from most pharmacies in Spain.