Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

More and more curious...update from expat33

More and more curious...update from expat33

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

expat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really nice
Default More and more curious...update from expat33

To all my lovely new friends on here,

Quite a lot has happened since I closed the thread, so I thought I would give you all an update.

1) As many of you recommended an excellent female solicitor in the La Redondela area I would like to thank you. She has been fantastic. She offered to go for free and check with the Town Hall and also look inside Dad's house to assess the case. What she has told me today is of enormous interest and quite a shock actually.

It seems that the neighbour across the road from Dad's house who phoned to tell us that the other neighbour next door (are you following this?!) had intentionally knocked a hole in the wall of Dad's house to reduce its value may have been up to no good herself! At the same time as saying this she offered us 72k for the property, which is considered too little by most we have spoken to. The very kind locksmith went off to take a look at the big hole and it wasn't there. He even sent us pictures and we couldn't see it. Our friendly solicitor tells us the same. There does not seem to be any structural damage to the house, although it has obviously been weathered and is very dusty, having had the window open for 10 months since the break in which our old 'solicitor' failed to tell us about.

She also found out interesting info about plans to improve the dusty street where Dad lived and to add street lights, so perhaps as a plot it is worth more than we feared.

2) On the subject of our old 'solicitor'...when I first posted on this site I sat at this computer for hour upon end trying to find information and also justice. I sent off in that time a letter of complaint about our local 'solicitor' and his appalling behaviour, ransoming the keys for 100 euros, telling us there was an investigation into Dad's death and that another vehicle fled the scene, trying to sell Dad's yacht for 3000 euros, failing to tell us that Dad's house had been broken into as the police asked him to do etc etc. We received a letter back yesterday. I have removed all names:

Concerning the communication whose entry was registered in this Council on 5th February 2008 with the number 1391, we inform you that, after consultation with the Huelva Bar, we can confirm that Mr ******* is not a member of this Bar or any other Bar in Spain. Therefore, Mr ******** is not an “abogado” and cannot practice as such in Spain.

Nevertheless, we have faxed your complaint to the Huelva Bar which apparently has already asked him to explain his situation.

We wait to see if he has explained his situation and I am in contact with the Huelva bar. I hope justice will be served. Even if we don't get back the 2000 euros, we will hopefully get some answers and prevent him from messing up other people's lives the way he has played with ours. :curse:

3) Not sure what Fortaleza is doing on my behalf. I last heard from him on Sunday where he assured me he was not pissed off with me as I thought. But he says he will send me an email to tell me what is going on as my email server seems to be bouncing him, so thank you to those of you who felt that he would be of help to me.

4) We now have the keys for the yacht and our broker is planning to go and take photos etc next week. She is still there and we hope to be able to sell her now, which is bitter sweet news.

5) Finka Steve has been a great source of knowledge and has spent much time helping us so a big THANK YOU to him also.

But anyway, for all of you who wished more positive things for me, it seems that they are not as bad as they first seemed. I only wish that someone could have gone to see Dad's house sooner, or that we had come straight over, as we have had weeks of really worrying about its crumbling state.

I will keep this updated as and when there is info.

Last edited by expat33; Feb 22nd 2008 at 4:46 pm. Reason: spelling/grammar/general rubbishness
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 4:50 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More and more curious...update from expat33

Glad to hear things are looking up.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

expat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Glad to hear things are looking up.
Thank you
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 4:57 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey its nice to get a more positive post from you about your Dads house and yacht. Thanks for giving us the update
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 5:02 pm
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like you may have turned a corner, good luck!
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Hey its nice to get a more positive post from you about your Dads house and yacht. Thanks for giving us the update
Well....it's the least I could do after all your encouragement
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gazz
sounds like you may have turned a corner, good luck!
Cheers m'dears!
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 6:17 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

So pleased to hear some good news from you We actually visited La Redondela last week when we were over and I thought it was lovely.

Last edited by tednsharon; Feb 22nd 2008 at 6:20 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 6:24 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Really pleased to hear that things are progressing and looking more positive for you Thanks for keeping us updated and Good Luck