moraira

Old Dec 12th 2018, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Andy2506p is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moraira

Hi, All

Anybody living in or around Moraira spain.
Thanks 😉
Old Dec 12th 2018, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

bil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant future
Default Re: moraira

Hi Andy
We don't live there full time, but try to get over every couple of months,

We first visited Moraira about 25 years ago, bought a plot of land some 14 years ago and the rest is history.

What about you?,
Regards
Old Dec 12th 2018, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute

We have a place on the Benissa Costa a few KM down the road, spend about 4 months a year there, had it almost 10 years
Old Dec 13th 2018, 1:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bil8999
Hi Andy
We don't live there full time, but try to get over every couple of months,

We first visited Moraira about 25 years ago, bought a plot of land some 14 years ago and the rest is history.

What about you?,
Regards
Hi
I'm currently looking at buying a business in moraira.
i no south of alicante well, i used to have property in playa flamenca.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 1:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Longlegpete
We have a place on the Benissa Costa a few KM down the road, spend about 4 months a year there, had it almost 10 years
Hi,
what is Bennissa like, is it Bigger then mororia?
I'm currently looking at buying a business in moraira. ?

thanks
Old Dec 13th 2018, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

bil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant future

Good luck with the business
Old Dec 13th 2018, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute

Moraira and the Benissa Costa run along the coast and merge into each other along the coast road, Benissa the town is a different beast and is a 7km or so drive up the hillside.
Benissa is larger than Moraira and more of a Spanish working town, the Benissa Costa is more of an unofficial extension of Moraira and most visitors are unaware you have crossed into another council untill they hit Calpe where the change is obvious.

The whole area is very different to the Costa Blanca South, Greener, more mountainous and generally property is much more expensive, the area is regarded as quite affluent and is offten known as little Europe due to the many different nationalities there.

If you are thinking about buying a business then of course you need to visit to make your own mind up, also be careful about listings you see on property portals, they will offten list as being Moraira but in fact they are in Teulada which is its parent town up the hill, a lovely town but property is cheaper and tourists are few and far between
Old Dec 13th 2018, 10:18 am
Just Joined

Moraira and the Benissa Costa run along the coast and merge into each other along the coast road, Benissa the town is a different beast and is a 7km or so drive up the hillside.
Benissa is larger than Moraira and more of a Spanish working town, the Benissa Costa is more of an unofficial extension of Moraira and most visitors are unaware you have crossed into another council untill they hit Calpe where the change is obvious.

The whole area is very different to the Costa Blanca South, Greener, more mountainous and generally property is much more expensive, the area is regarded as quite affluent and is offten known as little Europe due to the many different nationalities there.

If you are thinking about buying a business then of course you need to visit to make your own mind up, also be careful about listings you see on property portals, they will offten list as being Moraira but in fact they are in Teulada which is its parent town up the hill, a lovely town but property is cheaper and tourists are few and far between
Thanks for the reply, and useful information.
how long have you been in the area ?
Whats moraira and surrounding areas like in the winter months etc.
Thanks
Old Dec 13th 2018, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

We have had a place there for 9 1/2 years, the winter is when we spend most time there, as with most coastal areas the population drops dramatically, i would guess maybe 25 to 30 % of the restaurants and bar's close for winter, the shops trade all year round, there are only 3 hotels i can think of and only one of them is other than a very small family affair, the only larger one is i would guess 60 rooms so still not big.

From that you will gather it's nearly all villas and in towns apartments so in summer it private rentals which swells the town and in winter it's normally the villa owners
Old Dec 13th 2018, 10:39 am
Just Joined

We have had a place there for 9 1/2 years, the winter is when we spend most time there, as with most coastal areas the population drops dramatically, i would guess maybe 25 to 30 % of the restaurants and bar's close for winter, the shops trade all year round, there are only 3 hotels i can think of and only one of them is other than a very small family affair, the only larger one is i would guess 60 rooms so still not big.

From that you will gather it's nearly all villas and in towns apartments so in summer it private rentals which swells the town and in winter it's normally the villa owners
Is it still fairly busy in winter months, with home owners etc. Do you go into moraira often. ?
Old Dec 13th 2018, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

No, i wouldn't say it was busy but it's far from dead, the only place along that northern coast that i would call busy in winter is Benidorm, the rest are just ticking over which we really like, in the summer you can't park anywhere, the beaches are packed etc, etc, for us she is not at her best.

When we are there we go into Moraira most days, its the nearest town to us, having said that we rarely eat there, we normally drive into the mountains where you can get better food at 1/4 of the price, we often sit on the beach at El Portet as the winter sun goes down, it's a very pleasant part of the world for sure

Last edited by Longlegpete; Dec 13th 2018 at 12:27 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 4:40 pm
Herreño

Boseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond repute

No, i wouldn't say it was busy but it's far from dead, the only place along that northern coast that i would call busy in winter is Benidorm, the rest are just ticking over which we really like, in the summer you can't park anywhere, the beaches are packed etc, etc, for us she is not at her best.

When we are there we go into Moraira most days, its the nearest town to us, having said that we rarely eat there, we normally drive into the mountains where you can get better food at 1/4 of the price, we often sit on the beach at El Portet as the winter sun goes down, it's a very pleasant part of the world for sure
My Father lived in El Portet for many years, I used to visit him there and often thought of settling there, but the Canary Island climate was too tempting.
Old Dec 15th 2018, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Hi
What line of business are you thinking of starting in Moraira
Old Dec 15th 2018, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bil8999
Hi
What line of business are you thinking of starting in Moraira
Hi bil8999

Its a established business, and it isnt a Bar lol.
Old Dec 15th 2018, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
Over the years the only business I have seen that looks successful in Moraira is construction, building large villas for wealthy people, its when you come to sell that reality kicks in and you have to reduce your asking price to suit the re- sales market.
Good luck with the established business