MORAIRA

Old Nov 8th 2007, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

SUPERPOT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MORAIRA

Hi folks,any one living or lived in Moraira?
I still can't decide where we want to live and sorry to be a pain but as its going to be our permanent home not a holiday place I want to get it right.It looks like my wife will be working in Moraira so ideally we don't want to be more than 20 mins or so drive away from her work.
I think monte pedreguer is out thanks to responses on that topic.
Also can anyone tell me what the industry is like down that neck of the woods,engineering in particular interests me.
cheers,
Jeffers
Attached Thumbnails MORAIRA-dsc01729.jpg  
Old Nov 8th 2007, 5:49 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MORAIRA

Originally Posted by SUPERPOT
I still can't decide where we want to live and sorry to be a pain but as its going to be our permanent home not a holiday place I want to get it right.It looks like my wife will be working in Moraira so ideally we don't want to be more than 20 mins or so drive away from her work.
I think Monte pedreguer is out thanks to responses on that topic.
Also can anyone tell me what the industry is like down that neck of the woods,engineering in particular interests me.
cheers,
Jeffers
Sorry can't help at all , just want to say what an absolutely gorgeous picture is she your little girl ?? she looks so very happy
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

SUPERPOT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jean,
thank you for such a nice compliment.Yes its my youngest daughter Maria who was just 2 in August.She was born to my second wife who is Spanish and living in Valencia.
She moved back to Spain in March so its very hard on us all until I can get out there and join them.
She is such a happy child as you can see and is very loving too.
She understands both English and Spanish which is a great start for her.
regards,
Jeffers
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:06 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

We looked at Moraira ... Its a pretty little place but I have been told its almost closed out of tourist season. Don't know, thats just what I heard.
It used to be a German enclave, not that theres anything wrong with that
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:08 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi SUPERPOT,

Here's a reference point

http://www.everythingmoraira.com/

Moraira used to be a German enclave (as Mitzy said), but the dynamics have changed a bit. Many Germans have sold up and more Brits than previous years now.

We were there yesterday all morning and there were actually some people about. The properties (rentals and sales) in the area are a bit more expensive than other areas due to it being coastal and having a Marina and a yacht club.

Personally, I find it is a little bit of a ghost town during the winter.....but that is only my point of view.

PS Your daughter is gorgeous by the way

Last edited by MnM; Nov 8th 2007 at 9:09 pm. Reason: Added PS
Old Nov 15th 2007, 8:00 am
Just Joined

rhyspegs is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: MORAIRA

Originally Posted by SUPERPOT
I think monte pedreguer is out thanks to responses on that topic.
cheers,
Jeffers
hi superpot

we are relocating to moraira in the new year too! cant wait. good luck with your move and let us know how its going.
What work will your wife be doing in moraira?
Like you we want to get it right aswell as this will be our permanant home too. Not sure what area we will end up in but dont want to be more than 10 minutes away from the town.
Keep us posted