Reload this Page >

Mooring for Visitors

Mooring for Visitors

Old Jun 18th 2010, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Butt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mooring for Visitors

I think I asked before, but here goes !

From Tavira, it is nice run in our little boat along the coast, and we often stop at VRStA or go further to Alcoutim. Often we think about Ayamonte, but each time we try, we cannot find (1) where to moor up, and be able to get onto dry land (2) where to refuel.

Anyone know where visitor parking is ? Refueling only in VRStA - which is 1.40 EUR / litre !! ?

Thanks,

Butt in Tavira
Old Jun 18th 2010, 9:53 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mooring for Visitors

Originally Posted by Butt
I think I asked before, but here goes !

From Tavira, it is nice run in our little boat along the coast, and we often stop at VRStA or go further to Alcoutim. Often we think about Ayamonte, but each time we try, we cannot find (1) where to moor up, and be able to get onto dry land (2) where to refuel.

Anyone know where visitor parking is ? Refueling only in VRStA - which is 1.40 EUR / litre !! ?

Thanks,

Butt in Tavira
Pleasure craft: Go on to the Marina Isla Canela or to Isla Cristina
Commercial: Red Diesel is available at the mooring for the fishing boats.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

finca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mooring for Visitors

Visitors can moor in the marina in Ayamonte. If you go past the isolated pontoon to port the marina is in front of you. Call the office on VHF, the VHF channel is indicated on a board as you come in. Sorry can't remember the channel number.

No fuel here though so if you need some you will have to use jerry cans and go to the garage on the main road. About 1.10€/litre for diesel.

It is a short walk from the marina to the town and well worth exploring if you have not been before.

Good sailing