Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Monthly intrest?

Monthly intrest?

Old Jun 21st 2007, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

PoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nice
Default Monthly intrest?

Hi all
we are planning a move over to spain early next year, and are going to rent first while we look for a suitable property to buy.

my question is what should we do with our capital ( about £100,000.)
what sort of monthy return would we get .
we need to know how far it will go to pay rental ect.

thanks
Paul
Old Jun 21st 2007, 7:01 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monthly intrest?

Stick it in a UK high interest easy access internet account or similar (check the papers for the best rates). Link it to your regular bank acct and set up an acct with a currency transfer company (before you leave the UK - it's easier!) so that you can get your hands on your hardearned cash when you need it (just in case you find that dream home and need to act fast!). That would be my advice!
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:44 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Many people use Nationwide because you can draw cash from ATMs in Spain at good exchange rates and with no extra charges.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Jorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud of

Try treasury reserve (ask your bank for latest rates). At this time you should get about £450 a month. By filling in a simple form from inland revenue this can be paid gross. You can deposit your money for any time from one day upward which gives you controlled access to it.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 2:54 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

I saw an advert yesterday on Channel 4 for a Sainsburys internet account ....paying 6% interest!!!
Old Jun 21st 2007, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Jorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MnM
I saw an advert yesterday on Channel 4 for a Sainsburys internet account ....paying 6% interest!!!
Read the small print
Old Jun 21st 2007, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

PoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nice

thanks all for replies,
would we have to pay capital gains tax ? the money will be funds from the sale of our house ..
Old Jun 21st 2007, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PoolePaul
thanks all for replies,
would we have to pay capital gains tax ? the money will be funds from the sale of our house ..
Not if it is your principal house
Old Jun 21st 2007, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jorgi
Not if it is your principal house

thats a relief!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 6:03 am
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of

Hi all
we are planning a move over to spain early next year, and are going to rent first while we look for a suitable property to buy.

thanks
Paul
h

i put my hundred grand in the alliance and leicester bs you can only put as high as that then when the interest is paid (so not to take it over the hundred grand) it is sent by them to my nationwide account for which i can access in spain without any charges. I think after tax is taken off the hundred grand (off the top of my head) i get £350. hope this helps. mind you I do have my pension coming in and maybe you may not pay tax etc but do have a look at the A&K B/S web page it will tell you more about it.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 6:57 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

thanks
Paul
Hi Paul

You should be able to fill a form in to get interest supplied tax free from a bank or building society , as you will be over in spain and going to the spanish system ..

You should be able to get a 6% return tax free that way . ie 6% of £ 100,000 will give you £ 6,000 a year .

so should cover your rents ok i should think ..
Old Jun 24th 2007, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Pete
Just the sort of news i was hoping to hear..
Old Jun 24th 2007, 7:52 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Pete
Just the sort of news i was hoping to hear..
No probs and very shortly the rate will be up again you watch , good times coming for savers bad news for borrowers