MONARCH

Old Oct 19th 2010, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

surreygirl will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MONARCH

No they dont. I have just recently flown back from the UK using Monach and they certainly didnt charge me and whats more I got the seat I asked for at the check in desk
Old Oct 19th 2010, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

porque no is an unknown quantity at this point

Surreygirl is right - no charge at check in.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Nigeljay has a spectacular aura aboutNigeljay has a spectacular aura aboutNigeljay has a spectacular aura about

The charge made when choosing a seat allocation online is for the choice not for the online service.

Just a word in support of Monarch. We recently travelled back to Manchester from Alicante using Monarch on the day of the general strike in Spain. Most of the Ryanair and Easyjet flights (if not all) seemed to be cancelled and many people were trying to get onto the Monarch flight. The service and helpfulness of the staff was exemplary and at least they continued to fly. I, like others have suffered delays with Monarch but I have also suffered delays with just about every major airline I have ever used including BA, Virgin, Delta, United etc. I have never used Ryanair so I cannot comment.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

porque no is an unknown quantity at this point

You cannot check in online unless you purchase a seat. This is wrong - IMO
Old Oct 19th 2010, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Nigeljay has a spectacular aura aboutNigeljay has a spectacular aura aboutNigeljay has a spectacular aura about

I made no comment about the ability to check in online only the rationale for the charge. If you don't elect to choose your seats online and pay for the privilege then clearly you have to book in at the airport to be allocated seats ( at no charge)
Old Oct 19th 2010, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: MONARCH

Originally Posted by Nigeljay
I made no comment about the ability to check in online only the rationale for the charge. If you don't elect to choose your seats online and pay for the privilege then clearly you have to book in at the airport to be allocated seats ( at no charge)
Seems fair enough to me just a shame that that option is not clear on the webpage.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

surreygirl will become famous soon enough

No that is the only thing it is not clear and it took me a while to work it out. Just another trick up their sleeves I suppose to make a bit more money
Old Oct 20th 2010, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: MONARCH

Originally Posted by surreygirl
No that is the only thing it is not clear and it took me a while to work it out. Just another trick up their sleeves I suppose to make a bit more money
They have just had a good offer on and we did not continue since Faro /Luton was cheaper on squeezyjet if you paid for the seat so their loss!
Old Oct 20th 2010, 8:36 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Seems fair enough to me just a shame that that option is not clear on the webpage.
Hit the nail on the head there John!! If you know you can make a judgement so that is why I think they are sneaky but we all know now

Mel