MONARCH

Old Oct 14th 2010, 9:58 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Default MONARCH

I have not booked with Monarch for a long time but have just had an email re checking in on-line and you can only do this if you booked seats as well - cheapest £7.50 each way. I thought I could just book to get the boarding card to print off but NO, only if you pay for the seat allocation. Have I got that right ?? I am not bothered where or who I sit with so won't pre-book seats but do like to have the boarding card to avoid a queue however on their web site it seems that is not possible.

Mel
Old Oct 14th 2010, 10:09 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MONARCH

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
I have not booked with Monarch for a long time but have just had an email re checking in on-line and you can only do this if you booked seats as well - cheapest £7.50 each way. I thought I could just book to get the boarding card to print off but NO, only if you pay for the seat allocation. Have I got that right ?? I am not bothered where or who I sit with so won't pre-book seats but do like to have the boarding card to avoid a queue however on their web site it seems that is not possible.

Mel
yes, you do have it right
Old Oct 16th 2010, 2:42 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
yes, you do have it right
Thanks Lynnxa, what a cheek though !! Give me Easyjet anyday
Old Oct 16th 2010, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Monarch have allocated seats, so if not booked seats online then you have to check in to be allotted a seat, so might just as well join the queue for the desk.assuming you do not wish to pre book seats.

But I agree, give me Easyjet anytime
Old Oct 16th 2010, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Peter James is a name known to allPeter James is a name known to allPeter James is a name known to allPeter James is a name known to allPeter James is a name known to allPeter James is a name known to allPeter James is a name known to allPeter James is a name known to allPeter James is a name known to allPeter James is a name known to allPeter James is a name known to all
Question Re: MONARCH

Recognize it here? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAg0lUYHHFc
Old Oct 16th 2010, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

porque no is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll stick with Monarchs check in queue to get seat assignment rather than the cattle stampede at the gate that is "Easy"(?)jet.
Better than that though I'll stick with the great Aer Lingus that (so far) make everything easy
Old Oct 17th 2010, 11:30 am
MEL & JOHN

Originally Posted by porque no
I'll stick with Monarchs check in queue to get seat assignment rather than the cattle stampede at the gate that is "Easy"(?)jet.
Better than that though I'll stick with the great Aer Lingus that (so far) make everything easy
Hiya

I know I dislike the stampede, it does bring out the worst in folk but at least you do get the choice with EasyJet as you can pay to "Speedy Board" to avoid that. With Monarch to book in online you have to pay albiet you do get a confirmed seat

Mel
Old Oct 17th 2010, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

porque no is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mel,
I wouldn't pay for speedy boarding as I've heard far too many stories of it not working. E:G 1st on the bus but everyone off at the same time = stampede!
Monarch are wrong -imo- to charge for checking in online, it must help them surely? But at least at the check in desk you do get a seat assigned.
Swings & roundabouts, Easyjet do free check in (good) Monarch don't (bad) Easyjet won't assign seats (bad) Monarch do (good) They get you every way
Aer Lingus= free online check in 30 hours prior to flight plus free seat assignment. Brilliant! Long may they last!!

Last edited by porque no; Oct 17th 2010 at 11:47 am.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

casa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Lynnxa, what a cheek though !! Give me Easyjet anyday
+ 1
Old Oct 17th 2010, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

casa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya

I know I dislike the stampede, it does bring out the worst in folk but at least you do get the choice with EasyJet as you can pay to "Speedy Board" to avoid that. With Monarch to book in online you have to pay albiet you do get a confirmed seat

Mel
It makes me laugh they all rush to the gate even when the plane is 3/4 full only to find that there is a bus...last on first off
Old Oct 17th 2010, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Jet2 have allocated seats with online checkin. You can opt to pay for your seat or do as we do. You can check in online 28 days before the flight, as you do the online check in, the site allocates the seats to you anyway., saving you the cash of paying.

If the seats are not together, go back a step and it will allocate other seats to you, just repeat until you get the combination you want! Simples.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Attached Thumbnails MONARCH-ryanair_gad1-%5Bgadling-bumper%5D.bmp  
Old Oct 18th 2010, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

surreygirl will become famous soon enough

I would not worry about checking in on line with Monach. I didnt and it was all very quick at the check-in desk as they seem to have multiple desks in which to check in at and I had a seat I wanted which was a window seat. Just arrive at the airport a bit early and you can choose your seat at the check in desk
Old Oct 18th 2010, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

I needed to go to a place called Arnhem in Holland for a few days, on Business. I Thought Ryanair, Seville (or even Faro) to Weeze (which Ryanair calls Dusseldorf but is in fact about an hour away) would be the cheapest and most convenient. They have a bus to Arnhem for 15 euros. But I agree with the 'fascinating Aida' song. When I added all the extras and then the extra days Hotel charges because there weren't any flights on the days I wanted. And the hassle of early/late flights it was far cheaper to get a scheduled Iberia to Amsterdam with everything included in the price. The Amsterdam to Arnhem train is the same price as the bus from Weeze.
'Fascinating Aida' forgot to mention £3 for a bottle of water (Ryanair)This should be Illegal!! I always buy the water in the airport. For example the charity one that's twice the size and 1 pound a bottle! I take great delight in packing up my own lunch and then handing over my rubbish on Ryanair flights too!
Old Oct 19th 2010, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: MONARCH

Originally Posted by surreygirl
I would not worry about checking in on line with Monach. I didnt and it was all very quick at the check-in desk as they seem to have multiple desks in which to check in at and I had a seat I wanted which was a window seat. Just arrive at the airport a bit early and you can choose your seat at the check in desk
If you do it that way do they still charge you for the seat they allocate to you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.