Mitzyboy

Old Oct 31st 2006, 5:49 am
Just Joined

Dizzy Mich has a brilliant futureDizzy Mich has a brilliant futureDizzy Mich has a brilliant futureDizzy Mich has a brilliant futureDizzy Mich has a brilliant futureDizzy Mich has a brilliant futureDizzy Mich has a brilliant future
Default Mitzyboy

I'm just wondering how Mitzyboy is ???

Not seen his name on any threads which is very strange.

He was moving to Oliva.......hope everything is ok and he is enjoying his new life.

Mitzyboy if you see this message ....a big hello from Mrs eddie and hope you are enjoying the fab weather for October......and a few of these on the terrace !!
Old Oct 31st 2006, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mitzyboy

Originally Posted by Dizzy Mich

He was moving to Oliva.......hope everything is ok and he is enjoying his new life.

Mitzyboy if you see this message ....a big hello from Mrs eddie and hope you are enjoying the fab weather for October......and a few of these on the terrace !!
... last seen in Sanchez coffee bar off the paseo in Oliva - couple of weeks ago.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Originally Posted by montgomail
... last seen in Sanchez coffee bar off the paseo in Oliva - couple of weeks ago.
Last time I contacted him he said it would be difficult to get online once he had permanantley moved to Spain, Quote " might not get online again for a while as I have no idea about Telephonica " but he will be visiting the U.K. in November. for golf.

Last edited by jonsol; Oct 31st 2006 at 9:54 am.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

I'm glad he's OK. I've not been around for a while but he was great in the days when I was. I hope the move went well for him.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 10:40 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys thanks for the concern.

Well, alkl went well during the move and the weather has been altogether wonderful since we´ve been here, which has made a nice introduction.

Theres a lot less English spoken around here than I expected which has made some things a little difficult, even getting a mobile phone meant we had to drive south to english speaking area. Makes learning the language even more important.

The Spanish people have been really pleasant and very helpful. Our next door neighbour has been showering us with food, drink, plants and advice. Don´t believe all you read on here about the Spaniards being stand offish and unhelpful.

Our living expenses for the forst month, with plenty of outings and one or two meals came to just under 1000 euro. Thats much less than the 12000 sterling we were budgeting on. Month two is working along the same kind of figure. Most I´ve found out here is cheaper apart for some strange reason, cat food.

Hopefully get on here more often to let you know how I get on but Telefonica said it would be 20 days for a line, and that was a month ago. Why am I not suprised. Therefore limited to the local intternet cafe which is a little slow.

Cheers now
Jon
Old Nov 13th 2006, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Hey guys thanks for the concern.

Well, alkl went well during the move and the weather has been altogether wonderful since we´ve been here, which has made a nice introduction.

Theres a lot less English spoken around here than I expected which has made some things a little difficult, even getting a mobile phone meant we had to drive south to english speaking area. Makes learning the language even more important.

The Spanish people have been really pleasant and very helpful. Our next door neighbour has been showering us with food, drink, plants and advice. Don´t believe all you read on here about the Spaniards being stand offish and unhelpful.

Our living expenses for the forst month, with plenty of outings and one or two meals came to just under 1000 euro. Thats much less than the 12000 sterling we were budgeting on. Month two is working along the same kind of figure. Most I´ve found out here is cheaper apart for some strange reason, cat food.

Hopefully get on here more often to let you know how I get on but Telefonica said it would be 20 days for a line, and that was a month ago. Why am I not suprised. Therefore limited to the local intternet cafe which is a little slow.

Cheers now
Jon
Hi Jon, did you get around to costing your journey with the hired van/truck , with tolls etc included , it would be interesting to see.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

kaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to all

Hi Jon

Glad things are good for you, sounds like things are going well

Re - Telefonica, my friend in Alhaurin has been waiting for over a month to be sorted with a line. They told her from 2 days til whenever. Oh well you are in Spain, hope I can get used to the Manana way of life

Best Wishes Kay
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:21 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kaylee
Hi Jon

Glad things are good for you, sounds like things are going well

Re - Telefonica, my friend in Alhaurin has been waiting for over a month to be sorted with a line. They told her from 2 days til whenever. Oh well you are in Spain, hope I can get used to the Manana way of life

Best Wishes Kay
Yes I was ready for that before I got here, just inconvenient as I can´t access my bank accounts to transfer money for some purchases we need to make as I won´t use internet cafes for that kind of thing.

Jonsol, no I haven´t costed it exactly although I do know the eventual cost was in the region of 1500 sterling including van hire, tolls, tunnel. The mental cost was far more as we did it in one 23 hour hit.

The second journey was via St Malo and over the pyrannees which was a much easier journey over two days (overnighted in Bordeaux) and was less milegae with an overnight ferry as well. Ferry though was obviously more expensive at 200 sterling I think

Given the choice, I would go via St Malo every time. France is a very very big country when you are running from Perpignon to Calais!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:33 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Dizzy Mich

Hi Mrs Eddie, let me know if you fancy a coffee at Sanchez one day