Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Missing NIE numbers

Missing NIE numbers

Old Dec 22nd 2008, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

pwblackbelt is on a distinguished road
Default Missing NIE numbers

When I was asked for the original documentation that I got from Fuengirola police station of my NIE number thingy I could not find them anywhere. I even had them saved (scanned) onto an external hard drive. I can't find that either. I have moved around a bit I suppose but I really did think I had put them in a safe place.
(too safe maybe)
Can I go down to the police station again and ask for replacements, I know I will wait for hours again and pay some sort of fee again but is it as straight forward as I think or am I being naive?
Just looking for ideas before queueing for ages and told to go elsewhere.
Thanks
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

arko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to all
Default Re: Missing NIE numbers

Originally Posted by pwblackbelt
When I was asked for the original documentation that I got from Fuengirola police station of my NIE number thingy I could not find them anywhere. I even had them saved (scanned) onto an external hard drive. I can't find that either. I have moved around a bit I suppose but I really did think I had put them in a safe place.
(too safe maybe)
Can I go down to the police station again and ask for replacements, I know I will wait for hours again and pay some sort of fee again but is it as straight forward as I think or am I being naive?
Thanks
I was in the same position last December except I had to go to Torremolinos. It was a bit of a hassle, as trying to sort these things out on the coast can be at times, but got it sorted in the end. Must admit, I think I remember getting the right hump.....
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 7:54 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwblackbelt
(too safe maybe)
Thanks
Have a look on an old receipt or rental agreement, the number may be on there.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

arko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to all

Originally Posted by arko
I was in the same position last December except I had to go to Torremolinos. It was a bit of a hassle, as trying to sort these things out on the coast can be at times, but got it sorted in the end. Must admit, I think I remember getting the right hump.....
Sorry, should have explained the difficulty; it wasn't because they had a problem with me having a copy. The computers weren't working and the silly woman who acts as a translator (I didn't ask for one, and definitely not that one) kept on telling me I had to fill in the forms as if I were reapplying. You shouldn't have any problems, but not sure what the Police Station in Fuengirola is like.