Minimum income

Old Jul 29th 2017, 10:12 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Minimum income

Originally Posted by aw73
Since it is 9 months on from the last time a figure was quoted ( 650 euros per month) could anyone say if this is still s good figure to be looking at. Also, would it be per person if a couple were to apply, After all, if they are considering your ability to rent etc, then the rent is the same for one or two surely ?

Alan
The figures usually quoted are based on the minimum income in Spain, the non contributory pension;

Annually:
Individual. 5.136,60 euros.

With families.

2 members 8.732,22 euros.
3 members. 12.327,84 euros.
4 members. 15.923,46 euros.
Old Jul 29th 2017, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I have recently (last few weeks) enquired with a gestors re this. The figures were as above. But I was told if your house is owned outright then that is sufficient for money and you don't not have to have X amount in the bank. Of course may vary by area? Also told there are 3 ways of showing sufficient income, property owned outright, specified amount deposited in bank, monthly income shown I think 450 euros per month or similar was mentioned

Last edited by bobd22; Jul 29th 2017 at 10:45 am.
Old Jul 29th 2017, 10:46 am
Just Joined

aw73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Snikpoh and bobd22, thank you for your quick replies, that has helped me know end...I was worrying over nothing apparently ..
Al
Old Jul 29th 2017, 10:57 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

A credit card with a significant amount of unused credit on it is acceptable as well.
Old Jul 30th 2017, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

We went through the whole process last year, in Seville and were told No to the health card which we had got via S1 form. This despite functionario checking with Policia National, and being told all was in order. Seems every official, in every office has a different set of rules. My advice would be to collect all documents ( photocopied/translations etc.) and pop along, wait in the queue and see what you have not got, or they don't like. ( in our case it was the document for opening my bank account which for some unknown reason he asked to see) Then get everything, go back, and try to see the same person again!
We finally "passed" on the third attempt, with same health card which had been rejected previously, but as we had all the other bits which he wanted and were not listed on the official document all was OK.
Oh he did say that with a full state pension each, and my teachers pension from the UK, our income was nowhere near sufficient to live on,( we own our house outright and have no debts) but he accepted it
Good Luck

Last edited by teuchterpete; Jul 30th 2017 at 9:43 am. Reason: additionn to text
Old Jul 30th 2017, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

jogger is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by teuchterpete
We went through the whole process last year, in Seville and were told No to the health card which we had got via S1 form. This despite functionario checking with Policia National, and being told all was in order. Seems every official, in every office has a different set of rules. My advice would be to collect all documents ( photocopied/translations etc.) and pop along, wait in the queue and see what you have not got, or they don't like. ( in our case it was the document for opening my bank account which for some unknown reason he asked to see) Then get everything, go back, and try to see the same person again!
We finally "passed" on the third attempt, with same health card which had been rejected previously, but as we had all the other bits which he wanted and were not listed on the official document all was OK.
Oh he did say that with a full state pension each, and my teachers pension from the UK, our income was nowhere near sufficient to live on,( we own our house outright and have no debts) but he accepted it
Good Luck
I think he is living in cloud cuckoo land. A lot of places accept full home ownership with no bills attached and full healthcare cover. I think your income in Spain is more than enough to live on.
Old Jul 30th 2017, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely enough income or there are thousands of us also living in cloud cuckoo land with him! Sad it gets like that. What we did was go to the Police Station one week before we were going to do the application. I asked the guy what we needed, wrote it down in front of him and asked when he was on duty during the next week. Checked we had everything, and bounced him the next week!
Job done, but don't expect a 100% victory, they are bound to pull you on not enough photocopies or something like a missing signature / set of initials,just because they can. Entertaining!
Old Jul 30th 2017, 12:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lurchio
DeChecked we had everything, and bounced him the next week!
Job done, but don't expect a 100% victory, they are bound to pull you on not enough photocopies or something like a missing signature / set of initials,just because they can. Entertaining!
That's why with limited time there I am going to use a gestor to sort it out. I have made contact already and will contact him before I go out to have an appt to sort it out as soon as I get over.
Old Jul 30th 2017, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea. In truth, everyone I know who used a Gestor got it first time with no problems, pppppp eh?

Locally, the bill was 80 euros I think. Especially handy if the Officer won't slow down his Spanish!
Old Jul 30th 2017, 1:43 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

In some locations you now HAVE to make an appointment online and sometimes it is a month or more away. A gestor usually is able to jump the queue.
Old Jul 30th 2017, 2:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Fred James
In some locations you now HAVE to make an appointment online and sometimes it is a month or more away. A gestor usually is able to jump the queue.
Good to know thanks Fred
Old Jul 30th 2017, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

jogger is on a distinguished road

I think when we do ours, we will definitely use a gestor.
Old Jul 30th 2017, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good call, they can open doors you can't under the 'Old pals Act' as well. All the very best, its a wonderful Country.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

This seems less about a means test, than a test of the applicants good humour and perseverance!
Old Jul 31st 2017, 3:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jonboy
This seems less about a means test, than a test of the applicants good humour and perseverance!
Is that not simply standard practice when dealing with officialdom in Spain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.