Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Minimum hourly wage

Minimum hourly wage

Old Jan 18th 2019, 7:43 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Minimum hourly wage

I wonder if someone knows the answer (I have Googled but it's not clear) -

What should the minimum wage be for a 19 year old temporary worker?

I have read that the new minimum wage (in 2019) is now 1050€ per month (paid 12 times per year). This, I think, equates to about 6,06€ per hour.

It's just that my son has just been asked to sign a contract where the actual figure isn't mentioned but states the salary will be "legal". When he queried, he was told it would be 300€ per month (gross) for a 15 hour week (equating to about 4,61€ per hour). The contract seems quite flaky in that it doesn't mention what he will be paid, when or how. Having worked for two weeks without the contract (boss was away on business), he was asked to cover some hours of another worker who was on holiday. He asked about how these would be paid and was told to take to take time off in lieu! Surely he should get paid for these as they equated to 20 hours?

Where can he go to find out the legal situation?
Old Jan 18th 2019, 8:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Minimum hourly wage

Originally Posted by snikpoh
I wonder if someone knows the answer (I have Googled but it's not clear) -

What should the minimum wage be for a 19 year old temporary worker?

I have read that the new minimum wage (in 2019) is now 1050€ per month (paid 12 times per year). This, I think, equates to about 6,06€ per hour.

It's just that my son has just been asked to sign a contract where the actual figure isn't mentioned but states the salary will be "legal". When he queried, he was told it would be 300€ per month (gross) for a 15 hour week (equating to about 4,61€ per hour). The contract seems quite flaky in that it doesn't mention what he will be paid, when or how. Having worked for two weeks without the contract (boss was away on business), he was asked to cover some hours of another worker who was on holiday. He asked about how these would be paid and was told to take to take time off in lieu! Surely he should get paid for these as they equated to 20 hours?

Where can he go to find out the legal situation?
Speaking with a lawyer would seem to be a good idea ;-)
Old Jan 18th 2019, 8:20 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 18th 2019, 8:43 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
If you read it closely, that's for 14 payments per year which equates to 1050€ in 12 payments