Miniatures

Old Nov 10th 2010, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Miniatures

I've had a few friends and customers asking me to put them in touch with other Expat Dolls house collectors and/or Miniaturists in Spain.
I'm off to Madrid Miniatures fair this weekend. Anyone wanting to be put in touch with others in Spain with this hobby can let me know and I'll try to get you all hooked up with local groups/people.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

jonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Miniatures

Originally Posted by angiescarr
I've had a few friends and customers asking me to put them in touch with other Expat Dolls house collectors and/or Miniaturists in Spain.
I'm off to Madrid Miniatures fair this weekend. Anyone wanting to be put in touch with others in Spain with this hobby can let me know and I'll try to get you all hooked up with local groups/people.
A tip,
If you are travelling to souther Spain, dont miss the unique miniature museum in Mijas Pueblo:
Museum of Miniatures in Mijas
Old Nov 11th 2010, 10:44 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know much about this particular pastime, but take some warm clothing to Madrid, in case winter's already started. Make sure the pickpockets don't find you an easy target (you should be ok, but just take preventative measures) Also take the opportunity to sample some roast chestnuts (or roasted corn) from a street vendor. Have fun!
Old Nov 11th 2010, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
I don't know much about this particular pastime, but take some warm clothing to Madrid, in case winter's already started. Make sure the pickpockets don't find you an easy target (you should be ok, but just take preventative measures) Also take the opportunity to sample some roast chestnuts (or roasted corn) from a street vendor. Have fun!
Ha Ha Thanks. But I know Madrid quite well, Yes, It's fur coat weather at this time of year. But It's work, so I don't have time for mooching around. But since I live in the Sierra de Aracena I can pick chestnuts at the roadsides............ and I do!:-)
Old Nov 11th 2010, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jonnyx
A tip,
If you are travelling to souther Spain, dont miss the unique miniature museum in Mijas Pueblo:
Museum of Miniatures in Mijas
I'm not a collector myself. (Just a maker) So Miniature museums aren't my cup of tea. I see so much of really the best miniatures at the fairs. Sometimes when I'm invited to see peoples collections, because they assume a miniaturist is 'into' all things miniature, I have to feign interest. But nice reminder for anyone who is into them...and there are lots. I have been told it's worth seeing.