Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

mercadona online

mercadona online

Old Feb 21st 2006, 10:32 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default mercadona online

I was just chatting to a friend in the UK who was waiting for her Tesco-online delivery when I remembered that Mercadona do this too!!

Have looked at the site, you can even do it in English!!

Has anyone here tried this service? What was it like?
Old Feb 21st 2006, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

daveyboy_daveboy has a brilliant futuredaveyboy_daveboy has a brilliant futuredaveyboy_daveboy has a brilliant futuredaveyboy_daveboy has a brilliant futuredaveyboy_daveboy has a brilliant futuredaveyboy_daveboy has a brilliant future
Default Re: mercadona online

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I was just chatting to a friend in the UK who was waiting for her Tesco-online delivery when I remembered that Mercadona do this too!!

Have looked at the site, you can even do it in English!!

Has anyone here tried this service? What was it like?
I use Mercadona on-line and can highly recommend the service.
They are always on time, very polite, and the produce is always nice and fresh.
Worth every penny of 7 euros delivery charge.
I always pay in cash , could n't be any easier.
Give them a try, even if is just for all your heavy goods.
I had a problem getting started with them something to do with my computer, but contacted their customers services and they helped to rectify the problem.
Regards Mo
Old Feb 21st 2006, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

Mercadona is very good. My local is really well run. I havent done online, but I did see it was in english the other day. I do sometimes do home delivery where you go in and choose everything then ask for it to be delivered and they give you a 2 hour slot that day or the next one. For about 4 euros.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 4:25 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Awwww ... don't you miss all the fun of the weekly shop though?
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:16 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Awwww ... don't you miss all the fun of the weekly shop though?

my local mercadona isn't far, but when hubby is away it might be easier for the heavy stuff as daveyboy said - especially since I don't drive

might just give it a try
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

rickstevens is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lynnxa
my local mercadona isn't far, but when hubby is away it might be easier for the heavy stuff as daveyboy said - especially since I don't drive

might just give it a try
Does anyone know of any other shops that trade online? I'm looking for household goods just general stuff like cups, plates knives & forks etc , I'm finding this very useful for working out how much money I'm going to need to live when I get out there.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:00 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by rickstevens
Does anyone know of any other shops that trade online? I'm looking for household goods just general stuff like cups, plates knives & forks etc , I'm finding this very useful for working out how much money I'm going to need to live when I get out there.

googled 'comprar online' & got this

http://www.ab-tiendas.com/index.asp
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

I only discovered this site the other day and have been reading through the threads avidly - many of them are very interesting and informative, not least this one, thanks.

I didn't know Mercadona had an online presence and I shall now certainly be using them - living at the top of a hill with very windy little streets, it's a real pain doing the heavy shopping. Mas y Mas will deliver, but you have to go into the shop and do the actual shopping, then they'll deliver it to you, but there's still that long hill to climb back up! This sounds a whole lot easier, so cheers for that info.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

I think el corte ingles do, or at least they do free delivery over about 100 euros and alcampo.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

El Corte Ingles certainly deliver, I had a lot of furniture delivered from them when I first bought in Spain, but I don't know whether you can do it online - I went to the shop, chose the stuff I wanted, paid for it and they delivered it free.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice

Originally Posted by un-mundo
El Corte Ingles certainly deliver, I had a lot of furniture delivered from them when I first bought in Spain, but I don't know whether you can do it online - I went to the shop, chose the stuff I wanted, paid for it and they delivered it free.
You can indeed shop online at http://www.elcorteingles.es/ but you they are not very informative if your credit card transaction is declined - they just cancel the order without a notification E-mail. Maybe they called, but I was out

I tried a couple of times to order a particular item and I later found out that this had happened, on both occasions, after I called them and chased it up. I think it was the credit card acquirer being over-zealous on online shopping checks for fraud/stolen/lost cards, since the card is a charge (rather than credit) card and has a 100% record.

Happily, I found the item for 20% less elsewhere. El Corte Inglés are not overly cheap, I have noted.