Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Menu del dia and/or tapas - Calpe/Moraira/Javea/Denia

Menu del dia and/or tapas - Calpe/Moraira/Javea/Denia

Old Apr 26th 2011, 12:39 am
Just Joined

MasterKlaas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Menu del dia and/or tapas - Calpe/Moraira/Javea/Denia

I would also recommend Hostal Loreto in Denia. Their 10 euro menu del dia includes not only a 3 course meal but also all of your drinks and coffee's. I would recommend you try the Spanish dishes on the menu as the restaurant is "cocina autoctona" i.e. local kitchen with fresh ingredients. If you go for the more international options on the menu you will not experience the reason why this restuarant is rated by the Spanish as being one of the top local restaurants.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:37 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MasterKlaas
I would also recommend Hostal Loreto in Denia. Their 10 euro menu del dia includes not only a 3 course meal but also all of your drinks and coffee's. I would recommend you try the Spanish dishes on the menu as the restaurant is "cocina autoctona" i.e. local kitchen with fresh ingredients. If you go for the more international options on the menu you will not experience the reason why this restuarant is rated by the Spanish as being one of the top local restaurants.
Errr ... did you read my earlier posts that actually gave the website and all details?
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:57 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

I had a lovely menú del día yesterday at La Bodeguilla in Jávea Port

not the cheapest at 14.75€ but well worth it

a choice of 5 different starters ( I think) then 8 different mains - 4 fish, 4 meat

I had mussels followed by the day's special of confit of duck, then the home made apple cake which was to die for!!

a glass of wine, bradd & coffee was included - but we had a couple of bottles of wine between the four of us which brought the final bill to just under 67€ - so just under 17 each
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:03 pm
Costa Blanca lover

BlueChip is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaveyD
Moraira : Terra Vina - Stand with your back to the castle and wals down the alleyway leading down the side of the English bar. Do v good Tapas, but the best deal is 6-8pm when they do 3 Tapas for 10 Euros.

Calpe : The restaurants down by the port / fishmarket

Tapas generally not a lunchtime thing in these areas though.

I believe Terra Vina has closed down.

For Tapas I recomend Bar El Clavo in Javea Port just over the road opposite the fish market by the steps. Always busy with Spanish and very good and inexpensive. Wait at the bottom of the steps until a table comes free.

The fish restaurants in Calpe are always busy but dont be tempted to order any the low cost menus - they are just for the tourists and are not very nice, you need to pay more like the Spanish do and then you will get quality.

Last edited by BlueChip; Apr 27th 2011 at 9:05 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 7:13 pm
Retired and in Spain

Library Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really nice

Originally Posted by BlueChip
I believe Terra Vina has closed down.

For Tapas I recomend Bar El Clavo in Javea Port just over the road opposite the fish market by the steps. Always busy with Spanish and very good and inexpensive. Wait at the bottom of the steps until a table comes free.

The fish restaurants in Calpe are always busy but dont be tempted to order any the low cost menus - they are just for the tourists and are not very nice, you need to pay more like the Spanish do and then you will get quality.
Terra Vina's website is still up. It implies that they close for winter and reopened in March so may go check it out.

Thanks for the other suggestions as well.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 7:16 pm
Retired and in Spain

Library Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really nice

Thank you all for your suggestions, we've got plenty of ideas to keep us going for this trip in fact we may have to give some a miss until next time.