Meeting People

Old Aug 13th 2005, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Brooskie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Meeting People

Hey all,

First off I'm completely new to this whole forum so excuse me if this sounds a bit daft.

I've recently moved to Platja D'aro on the Costa Brava and was wondering if anyone knows of any english speaking clubs, or social gatherings that might go on in the local vicinity.

I know a few of the locals (as i've been here a few times), and in summer there are many people about (mostly dutch) but in winter it tends to be a bit dead. I've just moved from London, and am a 27 year old female (an engaged one, but the BF isn't moving across until Xmas due to work obligations) and do find periods when it can be rather lonely. Especially when used to the buzz of London. I've been to Barcelona a few times, but unless I stay over, its not a really feasible night out or somewhere to pop along to.

My Spanish is coming along, but there are just times when I do think it'd be nice if I could just go meet up for a beer, shoot some pool and tell a few awful jokes in my own language.

So, if anyone has any suggestions I'd be grateful.