Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Medicine Otc in Malaga

Medicine Otc in Malaga

Old Jan 13th 2016, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

Sazzychloe25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicine Otc in Malaga

In Malaga at the moment for 2 months . And forgot my meds . Can I purchase them over the counter without a script
Old Jan 13th 2016, 6:18 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicine Otc in Malaga

Originally Posted by Sazzychloe25
In Malaga at the moment for 2 months . And forgot my meds . Can I purchase them over the counter without a script
Will totally depend on which meds, so not really a question anyone can easily answer. Many of those that are prescription only can be bought OTC, but not all.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Sazzychloe25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your response . Can I post on here what it is or ?
Old Jan 13th 2016, 7:30 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 14th 2016, 7:32 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Rosemary, sorry to say but your cut and paste "welcome" does not answer the OP's question. Do they have the moderators permission to post about the medicines?

OP have you gone to a doctors to ask about if you can get an appointment, even if you have a EIHC? Take your old boxes with you and see if you can get a prescription. It may coast you, but hey it is better than ending up in hospital.
Old Jan 14th 2016, 9:09 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your response . Can I post on here what it is or ?
As Mike so rightly states it will depend on what medication you require as to whether it can be bought over the counter or not. You best bet by far is to go to a chemist and enquire rather than ask on the forum because it often depends on the chemist too. For example I was told by someone living in a different area that the tablets that I was on could be bought over the counter but when I asked in my local chemist I was told that I needed a prescription.

By all means state which medication you require but do not take the answers as set in stone.

Rosemary
Old Jan 14th 2016, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Rosemary, sorry to say but your cut and paste "welcome" does not answer the OP's question. Do they have the moderators permission to post about the medicines?

OP have you gone to a doctors to ask about if you can get an appointment, even if you have a EIHC? Take your old boxes with you and see if you can get a prescription. It may coast you, but hey it is better than ending up in hospital.
You have no idea what posts I have read or not read so your response is totally out of order. Please remember that comments about moderation, moderators responses etc should be made by PM to the moderators or to BE admin and not on the forum.

Rosemary
Old Jan 14th 2016, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute

In my experience the farmacias are quite flexible.

'On holiday forgot my pills' usually works. Having an empty (uk) box always helps! If you draw a blank with a particular farmacia, politely try another one.

Also quite surprised how cheap some of the medication is.
Old Jan 14th 2016, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

Now that depends on what it is Also, it is not as straightfoward as asking for xxxxxxx. The drugs will have a different name, branding and distributor in Spain.

But if not just go to a doctor with an old packet or accurate description. they will look up the Spanish version and do a script. I have done this several times for drugs relating to my thyroid condition.