Medication ...

Old Nov 12th 2015, 10:12 am
Just Joined

aw73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medication ...

Hi all,
Does anybody take Ramipril, Bisoprolol or Simvastatin ? and have to pay the full price at the pharmacy . If so, could you give me an idea of the cost please.

Just another issue I'm sorting out .LOL.

Alan
Old Nov 12th 2015, 10:26 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medication ...

Originally Posted by aw73
Hi all,
Does anybody take Ramipril, Bisoprolol or Simvastatin ? and have to pay the full price at the pharmacy . If so, could you give me an idea of the cost please.

Alan
For statins I paid around €2 for a box, 28 tablets
Old Nov 12th 2015, 10:29 am
Just Joined

aw73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mitzyboy, Thanks for that, not as expensive as I thought.
Old Nov 12th 2015, 10:35 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Mitzyboy, Thanks for that, not as expensive as I thought.
It was stange because when we first started buying them they were €10 - €12 a box, and then over a period of a few months it dropped right down. I dont know if they had a dual pricing policy for what they thought were tourists and what they realised were residents :-)
Old Nov 12th 2015, 11:07 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Probably because at that time, Simvastatin was the cheap alternative to the Atorvastatin which was nearer €30. When Atorvastitin patents ran out, the generic version was much cheaper so the original cheap option had to get even cheaper.
Old Nov 12th 2015, 11:14 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Fred James
Probably because at that time, Simvastatin was the cheap alternative to the Atorvastatin which was nearer €30. When Atorvastitin patents ran out, the generic version was much cheaper so the original cheap option had to get even cheaper.
I had Prevastatin .. so I'm guessing in some way the same applied :-)
Old Nov 12th 2015, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Is Simvastatin available without subscription? I've just about ran out and would rather just get them from a pharmacy instead of bothering the Doctor
Thanks
Steve
Old Nov 12th 2015, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

BigD is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Alan
The price of Simavastina and Ramapril, cost around 2.50 euros over the counter,
If you are pensionable age you only pay 10% of that price.
Old Nov 12th 2015, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

BigD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tebo53
Is Simvastatin available without subscription? I've just about ran out and would rather just get them from a pharmacy instead of bothering the Doctor
Thanks
Steve
Available without prescription
Old Nov 13th 2015, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

gardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nice

Bought a box of rampiril just 3 weeks ago, just under 5 euros.