Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What`s on in Ayamonte

What`s on in Ayamonte

Old Oct 29th 2014, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

Wattles of Wry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What`s on in Ayamonte

This thread is aimed at providing people with information as to what`s going on in the local area (ferias, sporting events, parties, theme evenings, special nights, charity events, classes, live music, etc.)
Old Oct 29th 2014, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What`s on in Ayamonte

Originally Posted by Wattles of Wry
This thread is aimed at providing people with information as to what`s going on in the local area (ferias, sporting events, parties, theme evenings, special nights, charity events, classes, live music, etc.)
You should ask the mods to make it "sticky" ie it will stay at the top of the sub-forum with the Useful Info and Photos threads.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I would be interested in any establishment that is doing a meal before the bells and grapes please. Spanish or Portuguese not British. Family may be here and looking for different entertainment. Thank you.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 7:42 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

In this thread I mentioned that Monte Francisco (MF) is a 'happening place'... more restos and bars snacks than the far larger CE!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/ayamo...sco-mf-799654/

Every Sunday from 18:00 PT they have music and dancing at 'old Luis' the place right on the 2nd roundabout just 100m or so down from Luis resto. Its a nice local resto and snack bar attached to a community hall. We actually have some very fond memories of when Luis owned it, and its nice to eat on the terrace or behind glass in the resto, looking out at daylight during the day. Worth considering for a 'do' as the manager is very flexible.

15 and 22 November from 22:00 PT till late music and dancing there. The prices of a drink and the food are really fantastic and if 4 of you go even just for drinks in a taxi you will quickly 'make up' the taxi cost in the savings on the drinks (alone) ..... very quickly. Even 2 will do that if you have a few (and therefore need the taxi!) We came in late yesterday after a real hassle at the car hire at the airport (never again with interrent!!) and we stopped in for a quick 'on the road' snack. Although they had 'proper local cooked food' we went for the burger special (We wanted to get home, prepare it and get to bed!). 5:50 each burger with egg chips and a 33 beer for 5:50! We had another 33 beer and the BH a (large) glass of wine and the two were 1.70 extra!

MF has 1: Luis' resto, 2: this place ('old Luis' - sorry don't know the real name) which I can recommend (the manager BTW speaks perfect English). 3: A bar. 4: A snack and food bar/ resto. 5: A 'family resto' for a menu for 8Eur drinks incl (AKA 'Solar panel resto') - opposite 'old Luis'.. and 6: another full service resto, with a varied menu.. (AKA as 'the one with the wooden waiter outside!') ALL at great prices. Nice and local, and outside of CE the closest restos to CE (ex m-way stops).... and really 'local' too.... not overloaded with tourists....

Now for a nice 'proper local lunch' with good friends this midday... can't wait Best way to enjoy food! And spoiled for choice too - will decide where when we meet!

Jon
PS even though we will have a record breaking day in the UK and northern Europe for the temperature (never had it before)..it was great to get into bed, sleep with the windows open and the wonderful fresh-air smells and no quilt needed yet. Today I put the shorts on. Like that tiger says......'GreeeeeeAAT'

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Oct 31st 2014 at 8:01 am.
Old Nov 4th 2014, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hola/Ola! Jon and mis esurianos,

I tried walking the "google orange man" on the map of Monte Francisco, but got lost in the back streets...

The resto with the "wooden waiter outside", would this be Sabores da Beira? Or, Dos Cazadores further up the street? Please would someone put me right?

I remember Dos Cazadores had caged singing birds on the small outside terrace. Entrance was to the bar area, then a separate large dining room at the back. (Lovely desserts in the chill cabinet too!)

In keeping with the spirit of this new thread, I have found another useful website for this area:
Agenda de eventos en la costa de Huelva, agenda de eventos en el Algarve, qué hacer en Huelva, qué hacer en el Algarve

Hope this helps.
Old Nov 4th 2014, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Carol, that's a cracker and the market in Castro Marim and VRSA are on this weekend I am hoping to go to both if the weather holds. If anyone wants to join me just PM me here.
Old Nov 4th 2014, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What`s on in Ayamonte

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hola/Ola! Jon and mis esurianos,

I tried walking the "google orange man" on the map of Monte Francisco, but got lost in the back streets...

The resto with the "wooden waiter outside", would this be Sabores da Beira? Or, Dos Cazadores further up the street? Please would someone put me right?

I remember Dos Cazadores had caged singing birds on the small outside terrace. Entrance was to the bar area, then a separate large dining room at the back. (Lovely desserts in the chill cabinet too!)

In keeping with the spirit of this new thread, I have found another useful website for this area:
Agenda de eventos en la costa de Huelva, agenda de eventos en el Algarve, qué hacer en Huelva, qué hacer en el Algarve

Hope this helps.
Dos Cazadores.
Old Nov 4th 2014, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Obrigada.

I should have written Hola! a mis ayamontinos, as well.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 8:41 am
Just Joined

Jay218 is an unknown quantity at this point

Christmas and New Year at El Limonero in Ayamonte. They both look like really good menus, as would be expected from Gavin.

I haven't seen any others for the holiday period yet but if I do I'll post them.
Attached Thumbnails What`s on in Ayamonte-2014-11-05-10.26.03.jpg   What`s on in Ayamonte-2014-11-05-10.26.02.jpg  
Old Dec 4th 2014, 8:57 am
Just Joined

Jay218 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just received an email about the Cancer Charity night that the Limonero are having on the 18th this month. Last year it was a really good night and they raised over 2000 euros which went to the local Cancer charity - I'm not sure if some also went to Cancer Research in the UK(maybe someone else knows).

It sounds like they are still looking for donations for the raffle and the auction, so I'm sure they would appreciate any help or suggestions anyone has. Obviously the raffle and auction are a big part of the fund raising as well as being great fun.

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it but I hope everyone has a great time and a lot of money is raised.
Attached Thumbnails What`s on in Ayamonte-2014-12-04-10.27.15.jpg  
Old Dec 4th 2014, 9:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What`s on in Ayamonte

Friday night (tomorrow) the PASSAGE CAFE in Laguna plaza is reopening after Pepe has redecorated and recharged his batteries after the summer. There will be a new art exhibition opening at 19.00 followed by cool jazz and the usual warm welcome from mine host.
Old Dec 4th 2014, 9:37 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Also a Quiz Friday night at RES resto, the one on the hill opposite the La Plaza.

Saturday afternoon, I've been invited to the wine+cheese bar (next to the 'piano bar'). Apparently they have free paella and music in the afternoon.

Saturday night all you can eat/drink 19H.. see the thread for details, reservations recommended.

It may be 'low season' - but still bags of things to do

Jon
Old Dec 4th 2014, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

You could also join in some of the Xmas Events in Ayamonte, especially 'Ayamonte Sings' where everyone is asked to take a food donation to help people who are less fortunate than yourselves and it only costs 5Euros. St Vincent de Paul Parish Church is also asking for donations of food and toys on the 10th to help local children. Remember, Xmas is not just about partying, caring and sharing is good too, regards Bryony

Events Guide
Old Dec 5th 2014, 7:16 pm
Sandra & Munty

Sandraphleb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All Can you tell us what to expect on 6th January as we have not been in Spain for this celebration before?
Old Dec 5th 2014, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sandraphleb
Hello All Can you tell us what to expect on 6th January as we have not been in Spain for this celebration before?
Hi Sandra, nothing actually happens on the 6th of Jan as that's when the Spanish receive their presents so they are mostly at home and the shops are closed. The evening before you will find lots of people out doing last minute gift shopping and there is a procession around the streets of Ayamonte by the 3 Kings who throw sweets to the crowds. Its a nice atmosphere and well worth joining in, regards Bryony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.