Maths in Spain

Old Apr 4th 2006, 7:32 pm
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold
Default Maths in Spain

Hi, my 8 year old is struggling with maths at school and her teacher does not speak any English so is unable to help her. As division is taught differently here I do not want to confuse her by teaching it they way I know. Can anyone help with a link to websites or advise of any books I can buy in order to help her. We have only lived here for 4 months so my Spanish is very limited and I would need the help to be in English.

Many thanks in advance!
Old Apr 5th 2006, 4:12 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maths in Spain

Originally Posted by Sparkle2nite
Hi, my 8 year old is struggling with maths at school and her teacher does not speak any English so is unable to help her. As division is taught differently here I do not want to confuse her by teaching it they way I know. Can anyone help with a link to websites or advise of any books I can buy in order to help her. We have only lived here for 4 months so my Spanish is very limited and I would need the help to be in English.

Many thanks in advance!

I suspect any links or books would probably be in Spanish!

actually, the way they do division is much easier when you get the hang of it!

If you would like to give an example of the sums she is doing, I'll show you step by step how to do it