Martos

Old May 26th 2013, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

fedupfamily is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Martos

We are considering buying a house to use for family holidays with a view to a permenent move when the children are grown up. Property prices in Martos seem very attractive at the moment so we were wondering if there are any British Expats living in the area who could give us some advice about the town and surrounding area. We have four children aged from 5 upto 16. We are not looking for a busy resort like Benidorm, we would prefer something quieter and more relaxed. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks, Sharon, Jeff and family.
Old May 26th 2013, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Martos

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=737663&page=2
Old May 26th 2013, 3:27 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fedupfamily
We are considering buying a house to use for family holidays with a view to a permenent move when the children are grown up. Property prices in Martos seem very attractive at the moment so we were wondering if there are any British Expats living in the area who could give us some advice about the town and surrounding area. We have four children aged from 5 upto 16. We are not looking for a busy resort like Benidorm, we would prefer something quieter and more relaxed. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks, Sharon, Jeff and family.
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 28th 2013, 11:37 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the link Dave.

I was hoping to hear from someone currently in the area so that I could ask a few questions about the town.

Sharon.
Old May 28th 2013, 12:37 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

when buying in Spain ensure your solicitor is not provided by the vendor or estate agent. Either use one from out of the area or from the UK (there are some who are Spanish Abogado's and working in the UK),

that is the only way you will endeavouring to ensure there are no problems with the land and legality of the build. Places like the Almanzora Valley in Almeria have around 13,000 illegal homes, even in the Axarquia on the CDS where there are over 1,000.
and these are not new or partially built places but 10 or more years old.

Because they are desperate for sales, agents are not advising you of any potential problems, they are exceedingly transparent on the subject - changing the subject or ignoring the question.
Old May 28th 2013, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the link Dave.

I was hoping to hear from someone currently in the area so that I could ask a few questions about the town.

Sharon.
Seems Webb15 does hence "I´ve lived near Martos since 1996."
If you read the full thread skegbylad lives there too

Last edited by davidinspain; May 28th 2013 at 1:13 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

Thanks again Dave. I will read it again, was in a bit of a rush last time.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 9:11 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
Problem is that neither has posted for over a year, so may not look at the forum any more.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Problem is that neither has posted for over a year, so may not look at the forum any more.
Might be worth shooting them a Pm,I get an email telling me if have one maybe they ticked the same box.
Old Aug 17th 2013, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

timmyf is an unknown quantity at this point

hi we have a house in martos its very nice with loads of nice bars and a beautiful swimming pool , we like it a lot and we go a out every 2 months ,skegbylad also has a house there but he doesn't live there full time
Old Aug 17th 2013, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
dave are you the same dave I spoke to at the tobbac in martos ?
Old Aug 17th 2013, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by timmyf
hi we have a house in martos its very nice with loads of nice bars and a beautiful swimming pool , we like it a lot and we go a out every 2 months ,skegbylad also has a house there but he doesn't live there full time
you may have already brought ,were you there on holiday in august 2013