Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Martinsa Fadesa - What is the position?

Martinsa Fadesa - What is the position?

Old Mar 11th 2009, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of
Default Martinsa Fadesa - What is the position?

The Costa Esuri thread has gone very quiet on the topic of Martinsa Fadesa but I think there must be lots of you out there left hoping to get your cash back or to complete (if it is what you want). I just thought it might be useful to build up an email list for those of us who have similar stories to share. I am sure many must feel quite isolated - I certainly do - no responses from solicitors - no progress it would appear on anything. I thought if we could share what we all hear it might help and I am happy to collect email addresses if people want to pm me with theirs.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 11:52 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Martinsa Fadesa - What is the position?

Without any hidden agenda or baiting, may I ask exactly what is your specific case re Fadesa?

Have they not given you the keys? Is yours a Fadesa property or one from one of the other developers?
Old Mar 12th 2009, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Without any hidden agenda or baiting, may I ask exactly what is your specific case re Fadesa?

Have they not given you the keys? Is yours a Fadesa property or one from one of the other developers?
No simply tried for over a year to negotiate an exchange or get my cash back - not satisfied with the quality on the urb I bought on - worst of the lot on CE. Contract was breached but no bank guarantee no response etc you know the story.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 8:14 am

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a feeling - although admittedly I'm no legal eagle - you may not have much luck.

Without having seen your deeds, I suspect it is a fairly satndard agreement which relates to your unit and that alone. I would doubt if there was anything in it that covers things that are around your unit ie other units on the block, a lack of facitilities to the ones you were maybe told about by sales staff (but missing on the deeds)

I have heard of quite a few people on Esuri who think they can sue to get their money back because of varying things, including one who has a place on the second course and is not happy with the view ("It looks like a tip!" were his words, and he's convinced he can sue!!!!!) - yet the reality is that none of them have a case. I'm not saying this is YOUR specific case as I don't know enough about your circumstances.

Others have also tried going after Fadesa when in fact their property is nothing to do with Fadesa but one of the smaller developers - which if said company is now defunct, it will be much harder getting any joy out of them than Fadesa, who are at least, very, very slowly trying to put their house in order.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've got a feeling - although admittedly I'm no legal eagle - you may not have much luck.

Without having seen your deeds, I suspect it is a fairly satndard agreement which relates to your unit and that alone. I would doubt if there was anything in it that covers things that are around your unit ie other units on the block, a lack of facitilities to the ones you were maybe told about by sales staff (but missing on the deeds)

I have heard of quite a few people on Esuri who think they can sue to get their money back because of varying things, including one who has a place on the second course and is not happy with the view ("It looks like a tip!" were his words, and he's convinced he can sue!!!!!) - yet the reality is that none of them have a case. I'm not saying this is YOUR specific case as I don't know enough about your circumstances.

Others have also tried going after Fadesa when in fact their property is nothing to do with Fadesa but one of the smaller developers - which if said company is now defunct, it will be much harder getting any joy out of them than Fadesa, who are at least, very, very slowly trying to put their house in order.
You may be right - would just like to get some straight honest talking from the lawyers and the company instead of the stringing along. At some stage some decision will need to be made - my name is still on one of the apartments and although CE is likely to stay empty for the near future at some time I would have thought the place would need to be moving forward. Would be dead easy for them to swop my original choice for another - what is their problem?
Old Mar 12th 2009, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
You may be right - would just like to get some straight honest talking from the lawyers and the company instead of the stringing along. At some stage some decision will need to be made - my name is still on one of the apartments and although CE is likely to stay empty for the near future at some time I would have thought the place would need to be moving forward. Would be dead easy for them to swop my original choice for another - what is their problem?
Furthermore I feel really angry about how we were duped. Property should have been ready in April 2007 - it took the administration to get electricity connected. I saw no signs of a bank guarantee. It is illegal to sell off plan developments without a guarantee, and there should be no expiry date on it. I did not even see one - some protection from the Spanish lawyer I used in Ayamonte and you say I have no grounds? Am I the only one in this position?And like others on the CE thread I cannot get my emails or calls answered either. I am told you need to 'hound' to get an response - not easy to do from thousands of miles away.

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Mar 13th 2009 at 7:33 am.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 3:14 am

Furthermore I feel really angry about how we were duped. Property should have been ready in April 2007 - it took the administration to get electricity connected. I saw no signs of a bank guarantee. It is illegal to sell off plan developments without a guarantee, and there should be no expiry date on it. I did not even see one - some protection from the Spanish lawyer I used in Ayamonte and you say I have no grounds? Am I the only one in this position?And like others on the CE thread I cannot get my emails or calls answered either. I am told you need to 'hound' to get an response - not easy to do from thousands of miles away.

As harsh as it sounds, I'm fear that you will have to suck it up, as they say. Of course, you could try a suit - seems more likely against your lawyers (MP, right?) as from your response that seems to be where the beef really lies - but such a protracted case could take years, money and with no guarantee of a satisfactory result.

My stance on CE is well known on this board, but it is for cases like yours that makes me particularly peeved. The word you use is correct - Duped. From here is where we drift apart in opinion - for I feel a certain amount of culpability lies at the door of the purchasers who were more than willing to believe the fanciful stories being spun from Fadesa and its lackies. Still that was then and this is now. If you can, sit on it. Some years down the line you should be able to sell at what you bought it for. As for it getting moving to what you thought it would be, I'm afraid, despite the almost desperate postings of those with vested interests in the area, it will not get to what you want it to be.

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Mar 13th 2009 at 7:34 am.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:41 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

As harsh as it sounds, I'm fear that you will have to suck it up, as they say. Of course, you could try a suit - seems more likely against your lawyers (MP, right?) as from your response that seems to be where the beef really lies - but such a protracted case could take years, money and with no guarantee of a satisfactory result.

My stance on CE is well known on this board, but it is for cases like yours that makes me particularly peeved. The word you use is correct - Duped. From here is where we drift apart in opinion - for I feel a certain amount of culpability lies at the door of the purchasers who were more than willing to believe the fanciful stories being spun from Fadesa and its lackies. Still that was then and this is now. If you can, sit on it. Some years down the line you should be able to sell at what you bought it for. As for it getting moving to what you thought it would be, I'm afraid, despite the almost desperate postings of those with vested interests in the area, it will not get to what you want it to be.
Good post Forty, but sadly for some true .
They are not worried what they do or who they do it to, they know they have time and distance on their side to elude people, as you know Spanish legal affairs take years, even if you can find someone to take up the actions against their brothers and they hope in the meantime the cause for claims against them will fade away.
They may of started off with good intentions and possibly if they had sold enough there would of been no problem, but.
Spanish property sales has a really bad name at the mo and is putting people off investing in it.
Bad news for a lot of people HERE, although it may not affect CE, it certainly upsets the potential buyers for the future.

PS. quotes are out of synq as someone cut a tag off.

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Mar 13th 2009 at 7:35 am. Reason: PS