Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Martinsa Fadesa

Martinsa Fadesa

Old Jun 3rd 2016, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Default Re: Martinsa Fadesa

Originally Posted by guesswork
No announcements at all

but like Yes Prime Minister it is true about the Hotel

I heard the same rumour
We have all been disappointed so often with rumours BUT this would be really great news and be a massive boost for Esuri. I shall await, with hope, for the official announcement. Any news on the golf club sale?
Old Jun 25th 2016, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

retireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud of

Have the golf courses been sold? Has the hotel been sold? Why is it so hard to get a straight answer?
Old Jun 25th 2016, 5:13 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by retireteed
Have the golf courses been sold? Has the hotel been sold? Why is it so hard to get a straight answer?
Because no-one outside any negotiating teams knows.

These things take a lot of time to negotiate, and like any deal of significance, all discussions are obviously confidential.

When any buyer is ready to talk after signing on the dotted line, when they feel its right, we will know.

I love the rumours but long experience here in this region has taught me not to hold my breath..... Or get too excited.

Jon
Old Jul 11th 2016, 9:32 am
tec
Just Joined

tec is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the Madrid supreme court decision last year is a game changer as it effectively bypasses the insolvency aspect of the problem
Old Jul 11th 2016, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tec
I think the Madrid supreme court decision last year is a game changer as it effectively bypasses the insolvency aspect of the problem
Could you explain this somewhat cryptic remark, please.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 11:24 am
tec
Just Joined

tec is an unknown quantity at this point

In relation to lost deposits on off-plan Spanish property, the Madrid court held that the bank is liable with the developer. You can therefore look to the bank, instead of the developer, for any losses. Not sure this relevant to your circumstances but I hope this helps, it's a project I am working on. More info about the court decision at www.bankdepositrecovery.es under the heading Legal Remedy.

Last edited by tec; Jul 11th 2016 at 11:28 am.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithBT
Does MF make an announcement online when they agree a sale of major inventory like the hotel OR do we wait for whispers and rumours???????????
It is not any longer the affair of MF the sales of major assets is being conducted on behalf of the Liquidator by Knight Frank Spain if we hear anything it will be from one of them but I doubt very much they will be in a hurry or that they will sing it from the rooftops. It might slide out in the business pages of one of the serious Spanish papers.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

I see that the hotel plots are on offer again. This time the one by the golf club is up at €600,000, the one nearer the river for €120,000 and the one near Las Colinas for €42,000. Lots of individual plots for less than €30,000. Lots of apartments, mainly on Las Colinas for less than about €60,000.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

I've tried all manner of online searches seeking info on whether the half built hotel was actually sold to Marriott grupo and so far de nada. Zilch anywhere.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

I've tried all manner of online searches seeking info on whether the half built hotel was actually sold to Marriott grupo and so far de nada. Zilch anywhere.
Well, I think that the answer must be 'no' as it now being advertised fork. €600,.000.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems like a lot of real estate for only 600k. I thought it would be a few mil !!!!
Old Jul 12th 2016, 5:54 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like a lot of real estate for only 600k. I thought it would be a few mil !!!!
I suspect its priced right as there must be a huge cost to first fix up all the damage caused by an open building for so many years - structural integrity checks and making all that good and only then finishing it off, may mean that the overall bill for completion wont be far off the price of a new build.

Just a thought, I'm no civil engineer. EsuriJohn will know better

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jul 12th 2016 at 5:56 am.
Old Jul 14th 2016, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

feamkt is an unknown quantity at this point

I just checked the PDF files describing each hotel, and the outstanding taxes and fees to be paid by the new buyer are very high!
The unfinished hotel comes to almost 1,4 million€ for example.

I was very disappointed by the recent meeting with the vice mayor, it seems as if they have no clear strategy for Costa Esuri.
And he did not bother to mention the Waterpark project at all, which had official EU financial support...
Old Sep 20th 2016, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Paco is a jewel in the roughPaco is a jewel in the roughPaco is a jewel in the roughPaco is a jewel in the rough

any news about the Hotel ?

The 12th of September finished the 2nd or 3rd attempted sale.

I hope we receive definitely good news !

Old Sep 20th 2016, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

No nothing yet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.