Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Martinsa Fadesa

Martinsa Fadesa

Old Mar 6th 2015, 9:00 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Martinsa Fadesa

Originally Posted by pablovicente
Answering Jon-Bxl and confirming what EsuriJohn says, for commercial law in Spain a company may be dissolved and in liquidation, but that does not mean it does not exist, actually it keeps its legal status until the bankruptcy process and the liquidation is completely finished. The consequences of the dissolution are basically, that the company ceases in its ordinary day-to-day activities and the directors and administrators are substituted by the liquidators (3 liquidators: probably 1 from KPMG, 1 lawyer and a representative of the major creditor -SAREB). But the company still has the obligation to defend the interest of the creditors, for example, it has to still fight the lawsuits MF has all over Spain for breach of contract and so on.

The commercial judge has not accepted the liquidation yet and still has not decided about who will be the liquidators. In any case, Bankruptcy will last at the very least 3 to 4 years. Thus, as you can understand, by March 26th MF will be on its feet. Although, to be honest, I do not get what interest could have MF to appoint a member to the EUC committee for the next 4 years, and which person would agree to take that role on behalf of MF...

By the way, if owners get the power to manage and run the EUC after the March 26th meeting, they should decide if they prefer either to run or to dissolve the EUC, since they would have the power to do so as well, specially now that MF will not have the motivation of keeping the connivance with the Town Hall anymore (and that the Town Hall has not any vote power)...These are just an owner's son thoughts, not my lawyer thoughts.

To MikeJ, EUC has performed its job, true. Someone (not me) could say though that they did the job poorly and overbilling in more than 100% the fees of the administrators (mayor's friends) over the years, and still it would be, probably, a fair view as well. Anyway, what I must disagree is in the asseveration of the consequences of not having the EUC working. We have a very close case -Isla Canela. As you know, there is an EUC there. It worked from 2001 to 2005, then, the owners blocked it. It still exists, but it does not work at all since then and it is the TownHall who takes care of the maintenance, with no cost to the owners. As you may know as well, the Town Hall has decided to restart the EUC of Isla Canela again now. This time, it seems the owners will block it again. Consequences: Isla Canela is perfectly maintained... In Costa Esuri, there is no power or lobby power from the owners' side though. The CERA does a good job in the community, but when dealing with the Town Hall, there may be conflicts of interests.
Eventually, it is just a question of who has the legal obligation of taking care of the maintenance; it is not that if the owners do not pay for that, noone will do it. Actually, owners already do pay for that with the "legitimate" and "no few" taxes...

But yes, this is an already discussed issue, and I understand other views as well, specially coming from foreign owners.
Thanks Pablo for your insightful comments about this bankruptcy... and the timing of the EUC meeting.

I am curious to see if anyone will turn up, however! I would guess running an EUC in the current circumstances, is not high on their priority list.

Re the discussion about the EUC itself, I'm afraid I have for a long time been unhappy and totally distrustful of this organisation. Sure they have done some things, but they HAD to with the money they get! I got very concerned (for example) when the was no proper accounts presented for years... and lots of other stuff we've discussed at length on the forum.

If a new EUC is created of actual residents then I would like to see an immediate ring-fencing of the millions at the bank - from the guarantees. Also we would need to ensure that that money isn't used for 'normal works' that should have been done anyway based on our Tax payments. For example Teedup mentioned that the roundabout needs resurfacing, I think this should not come out of this 'Guarantee money' but the 'normal' fund at the town hall.

Its good that CERA are on the case with this and have actually been to the bank (I believe) to check the account status.

Anyway I still wonder who will turn up from MF at the meeting...

Jon
Old Mar 6th 2015, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Actually Jon - if you look at the statutes and the note recently circulated by CERA - the EUC is responsible for that roundabout (and all the other roads) and not the town hall.
Old Mar 6th 2015, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Thanks Pablo for your insightful comments about this bankruptcy... and the timing of the EUC meeting.

I am curious to see if anyone will turn up, however! I would guess running an EUC in the current circumstances, is not high on their priority list.

Re the discussion about the EUC itself, I'm afraid I have for a long time been unhappy and totally distrustful of this organisation. Sure they have done some things, but they HAD to with the money they get! I got very concerned (for example) when the was no proper accounts presented for years... and lots of other stuff we've discussed at length on the forum.

If a new EUC is created of actual residents then I would like to see an immediate ring-fencing of the millions at the bank - from the guarantees. Also we would need to ensure that that money isn't used for 'normal works' that should have been done anyway based on our Tax payments. For example Teedup mentioned that the roundabout needs resurfacing, I think this should not come out of this 'Guarantee money' but the 'normal' fund at the town hall.

Its good that CERA are on the case with this and have actually been to the bank (I believe) to check the account status.

Anyway I still wonder who will turn up from MF at the meeting...

Jon
The Town Hall are so short of staff and funds they can't maintain their existing commitments in Ayamonte. The open spaces and little parks the developers were forced to construct when the resedential areas both sides of the road into town were built are in a dreadful state of neglect. The one I look onto is testiment to the situation. Broken benches never seen a coat of preservative in 10 years. Lights smashed. Childrens play equipment broken and dangerous. Bins never emptied for months on end. Grass not cut. In fact a guy now brings his goats. Last year they had no money for fuel For the machinary they were using hand tools and the Hotels down at the coast were buying the fuel for the mowers.
Old Mar 6th 2015, 12:37 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Actually Jon - if you look at the statutes and the note recently circulated by CERA - the EUC is responsible for that roundabout (and all the other roads) and not the town hall.
Hi Mike

I wasn't clear, writing too quickly:

There are THREE pots of money (as you well know)
  1. EUC revenues from the EUC 'tax' (which lets face it are well controlled by the town hall as president of EUC)
  2. IBI revenues from that tax
  3. Bank guarantee monies

So I put 1 and 2 into the 'town hall' bucket.. where (to be specific) they are different (a bit)

The danger is that they use the Bank guarantee monies (plural) for the 'normal stuff' that should come out of pots 1 and 2. This way the guarantees get depleted and the money we should have is used elsewhere.

I would like to see the 3 pots controlled properly and (sorry) I am not sure that the EUC pot has been controlled since the start.

Re the IBI money: I have no idea of and what we get for our extra payment vs Ayamonte residents.

In the past I believe that CE was seen as a 'cash cow' of wealthy foreigners with a 'gold card'. With the influx of Spanish, I hope they will get active to at least research the payments and try and ensure proper usage of the THREE funds.

Something to chat about soon over a fishbowl G+T when we meet up soon!

That's another one on the list - seeing double just thinking about it

Jon
Old Mar 6th 2015, 8:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Martinsa Fadesa

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Hola Mike & Jon just had a fish bowl at the shop with mick so I might not be clear but here goes. I think the translation provided by President CERA MAY HAVE LOST A LITTLE. The clue is in the name EUC it is designed to cover the environmental elements. The roads and sewers should have been completed to the highest standard by Fadesa then no work would be needed for many years. If it is then that is guarantee work. The maintenance referred to is the green areas which at the bottom of ESURI is done well but if Mike was to wander up our way the verges are dead the the trees are dying the planted areas are almost completely bare. Not much for our EUC FEES up here and to boot no street lights!
Old Mar 7th 2015, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olivia
The Town Hall are so short of staff and funds they can't maintain their existing commitments in Ayamonte. The open spaces and little parksh the developers were forced to construct when the resedential areas both sides of the road into town were built are in a dreadful state of neglect. The one I look onto is testiment to the situation. Broken benches never seen a coat of preservative in 10 years. Lights smashed. Childrens play equipment broken and dangerous. Bins never emptied for months on end. Grass not cut. In fact a guy now brings his goats. Last year they had no money for fuel For the machinary they were using hand tools and the Hotels down at the coast were buying the fuel for the mowers.
My understanding is developers aren't forced to construct.*

The town planning department approves the plans with the proviso the newly constructed community maintains their (intercommunity) common areas. The town planners must ACCEPT the finished work firstly.

HAS COSTA ESURI BEEN ACCEPTED BY THE TOWN PLANNING DEPT.? The EUC statutes were modified way back in 2008, I recall, saying the EUC was in effect upon drafting of the constitution in 2005. Did anyone vote through this issue?

As for the hotels, well I should think so! They should be responsible for maintaining their intercommunity, and pay IBI or the commercial equivalent (I'm not saying they don't.)

* If you are referring to the grassy area known as the "Era de los Enamorados" near "La Villa" (with the dried up ponds) then this was developed, IIRC, with the aid of EU funds. You'd think, wouldn't you, that with all that money some would have been "put aside" for maintenance?
Old Mar 7th 2015, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John

The town planning department approves the plans with the proviso the newly constructed community maintains their (intercommunity) common areas. The town planners must ACCEPT the finished work firstly.

HAS COSTA ESURI BEEN ACCEPTED BY THE TOWN PLANNING DEPT.? The EUC statutes were modified way back in 2008, I recall, saying the EUC was in effect upon drafting of the constitution in 2005. Did anyone vote through this issue?

As for the hotels, well I should think so! They should be responsible for maintaining their intercommunity, and pay IBI or the commercial equivalent (I'm not saying they don't.)

* If you are referring to the grassy area known as the "Era de los Enamorados" near "La Villa" (with the dried up ponds) then this was developed, IIRC, with the aid of EU funds. You'd think, wouldn't you, that with all that money some would have been "put aside" for maintenance?
It is more complicated than "forced" in order to gain planning approval the developer will have to agree to certain social/environmental provisions these must then be constructed as part of the development. As I understand it it is only in fenced and gated parts of an urbanisation that there is a continuing requirement to maintain the infrastructure. Where there is a right for the public to pass and repass along the roads then the Ayuntamiento should adopt the infrastructure including the green verges if they are built to an acceptable standard.

With regard to the Statutes they were written by Fadesa and adopted by vote at a meeting in the Parador in early January 2008 with a very small attendance and almost no eligible voters other than Fadesa.
Old Mar 7th 2015, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

My understanding is that the planning permission was granted on the proviso the developer created open spaces and play areas which the Town Hall would adopt upon completion. It is the upkeep of these spaces where through lack of recourses they are failing. I have seen the one you mention however the one I am refering to is 'Parque de las Americas' The grass cutting in question was that between the promenade and the sea. Is that intercommunity? I thought it would be council responsibility there. The hotels complained about the frequency of the cutting and ended up helping with the fuel costs. Their own gardens all always look neat and tidy.
Old Mar 11th 2015, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

It's all confusing.
The situation in Isla Canela may be different from that in CE. I've seen a report about the PGOU de Isla Canela issued in 2012. The difference between a "entidad de compensación" and "conservación" escapes me. Perhaps EsuriJohn can tell us?
This may be best placed in the EUC AGM thread.
Old Mar 11th 2015, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

pablovicente is an unknown quantity at this point

It's all confusing.
The situation in Isla Canela may be different from that in CE. I've seen a report about the PGOU de Isla Canela issued in 2012. The difference between a "entidad de compensación" and "conservación" escapes me. Perhaps EsuriJohn can tell us?
This may be best placed in the EUC AGM thread.
There are Junta de Compensación and Entidad Urbanística de Conservación, both in Isla Canela and Costa Euri. They are different terms referring to different things. A Junta de Compensación is the entity where the constructors or promotors or owners of the land of an urbanization work together (if they are more than one) in order to build and maintain the urbanization until it is receptioned/accepted by the Town Hall, and/or substituted by an EUC.

Both the PGOU of Ayamonte (where Puente Esuri is integrated) and the PGOU of the CITN of Isla Canela are pretty similar in this sense.
Old Mar 11th 2015, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

There are Junta de Compensación and Entidad Urbanística de Conservación, both in Isla Canela and Costa Euri. They are different terms referring to different things. A Junta de Compensación is the entity where the constructors or promotors or owners of the land of an urbanization work together (if they are more than one) in order to build and maintain the urbanization until it is receptioned/accepted by the Town Hall, and/or substituted by an EUC.

Both the PGOU of Ayamonte (where Puente Esuri is integrated) and the PGOU of the CITN of Isla Canela are pretty similar in this sense.
There speaks an expert so you don't need any misleading comments from me.

I do like when someone uses the correct legal name for where we live. PUENTE ESURI is so much nicer than Costa Esuri which is misleading since the nearest beach is at IC! We do live at the bridge of Esuri which links the modern structure to the ancient Phoenician name for the area.
Old Mar 11th 2015, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
There speaks an expert so you don't need any misleading comments from me.

I do like when someone uses the correct legal name for where we live. PUENTE ESURI is so much nicer than Costa Esuri which is misleading since the nearest beach is at IC! We do live at the bridge of Esuri which links the modern structure to the ancient Phoenician name for the area.
Hi John,
Can you check your pm please. I sent one a week or so ago and it's to our mutual benefit.
Thanks
Andy
Old Mar 12th 2015, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank you for this reply, pablovicente.
Old Mar 15th 2015, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

JohnH1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for info.

John
Old Mar 15th 2015, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

JohnH1 is an unknown quantity at this point

On going issue which would be better concluded financially

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.