Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Marriage..........

Marriage..........

Old Jul 11th 2016, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

maniscus is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Marriage..........

I have lived in Spain for 14 years and I am about to marry my fiance....not in Spain but in Gibraltar.......... she is not British or Spanish but she emirates from Malaysia..... we met in California ...she is a heart transplant coordinator........

She has obtained visas for Spain and a short term visa for Gibraltar.....what I want to know is, once we are married.....will she be able to live with me permanently in Spain and what have I to do to as far as reporting the wedding to Spanish authorities to void her visa so that she can remain in Spain and make everything legal............. I live in Mazarron, Murcia.......

The marriage will be registered in Gibraltar under British law..........................

maniscus.........
Old Jul 11th 2016, 1:35 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage..........

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 11th 2016, 1:36 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage, I hope that you will be very happy together.

Rosemary
Old Jul 11th 2016, 4:38 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I assume you are British?
What nationality is she now?
She will need to apply for a British passport. She is not automatically granted citizenship on marriage to a British citizen.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

maniscus is an unknown quantity at this point

She has two passports.....one Malaysian and one Peruvian.....She has let het Malay passport expire so will be using her Peruvian passport.....I am British and will marry in Gibraltar under British law.....the registration of the marriage will be in Gib.Because I have lived in Spain for over ten years, she could once married apply for Spanish citizenship and passport provided she can pass the strict exam....but unfortunately, she cannot speak fluent Spanish which is one of the requisites........ there must be a way other than that to be able to remain in Spain,..........................
Old Jul 11th 2016, 8:18 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

AFIK, if she is not an EU citizen she must have a visa to remain in Spain.

I would suggest you contact the Consulate
Old Jul 12th 2016, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

tim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant future

She can apply for residency as the wife of an EU citizen. You will need to have your residencia and you will need to be able show that you have the means to support yourselves and have health insurance etc.