Reload this Page >

markets in spain

markets in spain

Old Oct 23rd 2005, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

perthukcharlie will become famous soon enough
Default markets in spain

hi there
im from the uk and now in perth australia working all the markets which i used to do in the uk,but as im in australia and markets are very very very very quite you can understand how mad it makes me when i used to work the markets in the uk.so im thinking about come back to the uk and trying to work markets in spain france and all around euro so can anyone help me can you work markets over there like they are in the uk thanks
Old Oct 24th 2005, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

coralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nice
Default Re: markets in spain

Originally Posted by perthukcharlie
hi there
im from the uk and now in perth australia working all the markets which i used to do in the uk,but as im in australia and markets are very very very very quite you can understand how mad it makes me when i used to work the markets in the uk.so im thinking about come back to the uk and trying to work markets in spain france and all around euro so can anyone help me can you work markets over there like they are in the uk thanks
What markets?

Property? Financial? Fruit & Veg? Liquidation-stock electrical equipment and household wares?

If it's financial, you should know that the UK is the most vibrant and sophisticated of all the European ones, though Germany and France have established markets and the others, like Spain and Italy, will have their own exchanges too. The non-UK Euro markets might not be as open to the same approaches as the UK, though, since I get the impression that they're smaller and more conservative.

If it's 'workable', then you should be able to do it from anywhere in/around Europe and you should be able to find out if it's feasible to do much via internet research from Australia to work out your best course of action.

Language might be your biggest issue outside the UK. Why not work the UK markets from your chosen location?
Old Oct 24th 2005, 6:35 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

What do you sell ?
They have shut a few markets down nr where i live and the stallholders are on a rota system to get a pitch on the ones left, I dont think they would be to happy with foreigners trying to muscle in.
There are carboots, but if the police see you selling new stuff they have the power to confiscate it.
Most people have it mixed in with a load of second hand tut.
Perhaps its time to change your trade.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:12 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthukcharlie
hi there
Not one capital letter, nor one period or punctuation mark....makes it a bit dificult to read- let alone the lack of clarity in your question (I assume there WAS a question in there somewhere). Just try to read your own post in one breath.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

I have never really understood the attraction of markets. I get the feeling that once you have seen one you've seen them all. There are loads of them along the tourist resorts on the coast, and they do seem to be quite well attended. But as to whether you could make any money selling the same stuff as everyone else is another question. I think you would have to come up with something totally different to the usual "tourist tat"

Sorry to move off topic but. I recognise a quote from Don Qujote in your signature ironporer

En un lugar de la Mancha, de cuyo nombre no quiero acordarme, no ha mucho tiempo que vivêa un hidalgo de los de lanza en astillero, adarga antigua, rocên flaco y galgo corredor.

Did you ever read the whole book? I promised myself that when my Spanish was up to it, I would give it a go. Found it very hard/slow going myself.

regards
BW.

Last edited by big wheels; Oct 24th 2005 at 10:26 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

coralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nice

Originally Posted by big wheels
Did you ever read the whole book? I promised myself that when my Spanish was up to it, I would give it a go. Found it very hard/slow going myself.

regards
BW.
BW,
There's a free ebook version available here:
http://manybooks.net/titles/cervante...971donq10.html

There are different formats, all from the Project Gutenberg free text (the prime source of classic text-format ebooks). I've downloaded the pdf to read on my PDA.

Spanish version here:
http://manybooks.net/titles/cervante...992donq10.html
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the links coralsoft very useful.
regards
BW.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

svenskidoo is an unknown quantity at this point

I reckon there must be a market (pun intended) for anyone selling something other than handbags, belts, shoes, bras and dodgy kids toys.