Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help with medical care information please

Help with medical care information please

Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:39 pm
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold
Default Help with medical care information please

Hello

Please can someone advise me regarding medical care in Spain. I am a little confused as to what exactly we as a family require. We are moving permanently to Spain within the next few weeks and my husband will be self employed.

Is the E111 suitable for a temporary measure and do we need anything further before we go or do we sort it in Spain? If this has been answered before please can someone direct me to the thread.

All my moving plans are going well but this is one area that has me a tad confused!!

Many thanks in advance

Debbie
Old Oct 19th 2005, 8:06 am
antonio_dpo

antonio_dpo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help with medical care information please

Originally Posted by Sparkle2nite
Hello

Please can someone advise me regarding medical care in Spain. I am a little confused as to what exactly we as a family require. We are moving permanently to Spain within the next few weeks and my husband will be self employed.

Is the E111 suitable for a temporary measure and do we need anything further before we go or do we sort it in Spain? If this has been answered before please can someone direct me to the thread.

All my moving plans are going well but this is one area that has me a tad confused!!

Many thanks in advance

Debbie
We have med inurance cover with Sanitas which costs about 110 euros per month for the both of us.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough

Hello

Many thanks in advance

Debbie
You should see this thread which I wrote yesterday and can be see under E106 renewall................

Health care in Spain
Old Oct 24th 2005, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

We used our E106 until it ran out, but after getting our residencia we then went to social security office and got our SS cards, we are now registered with a GP just as we were in the UK.
pwwm
Old Oct 25th 2005, 11:00 pm
Crouching Tiger

david_cadiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Help with medical care information please

Hi there

The following site should help, i posted it on the "e106 renewal" thread as well....

www.ehic.org.uk
Old Oct 26th 2005, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

Hello

Many thanks in advance

Debbie
Hi Debbie,
We came here on E111 but also bought Private Health Insurance when we got here. I have heard people use the E111 all the time here but I personally prefered to be completely backed up on health care. We went through National Nederland (Asisa). Once you start paying NIE/Tax here you can get your social security card and then you have access to the NHS which we find is ok. Private Health Care...If you dont speak spanish best to buy it through a Gestoria (like a third person/agent) who speaks english. They get commission for the policy so then if you have any problems they should help.

If you are moving the costa del sol, there is also Helicopterous Sanitarious, a doctor/ambulance service. You pay yearly about 260 euros. They will c ome to you house if not well or take you to the hospital if needed. Also a very good service.

Good luck