Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Manchester City Council leader held over assault claim

Manchester City Council leader held over assault claim

Old Apr 14th 2010, 1:38 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester City Council leader held over assault claim

Yes - I meant that people shouldn't hit other people unless there's no alternative - like they are going to kill them or something. I've no idea why the Mancunian knight hit his stepdaughter but I'll bet it wasn't in self-defence.

People seem to think it's OK to hit their kids. I bet they wouldn't do that if the kids were 16 and bigger than them. Why not? Because they'd get a good thump back and rightly so. So it's OK to hit them if they are smaller than them, bit cowardly isn't it?
Old Apr 14th 2010, 2:13 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manamama
Totally agree..but it's not just the UK..but around here, it seems to be acceptable for parents to hit their kids or tell them off in the street.

Are you saying that you shouldnt tell your child off in the street???
Old Apr 14th 2010, 2:45 am

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Are you saying that you shouldnt tell your child off in the street???
No..I often have to tell my child off too in the street - taking someones bike etc, but not at the top of my voice with a whack !

Just seems to me that it's acceptable to some and to do it openly.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 2:50 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

No..I often have to tell my child off too in the street - taking someones bike etc, but not at the top of my voice with a whack !

Ahh, you said hit their kids OR tell them off. One doesnt have to be hand in hand with the other
Old Apr 14th 2010, 9:46 am
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato

Yes - I meant that people shouldn't hit other people unless there's no alternative - like they are going to kill them or something. I've no idea why the Mancunian knight hit his stepdaughter but I'll bet it wasn't in self-defence.

People seem to think it's OK to hit their kids. I bet they wouldn't do that if the kids were 16 and bigger than them. Why not? Because they'd get a good thump back and rightly so. So it's OK to hit them if they are smaller than them, bit cowardly isn't it?
We're not talking about beating the crap out of people, we're talking about a "clip" around the ear, hardly the same thing is it?

Maybe because it also embaresses them into not doing it again!