Mallorca On Beach Business

Mallorca On Beach Business

Old Apr 22nd 2013, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

-lee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mallorca On Beach Business

Hey Everyone,
I'm new to the forum so I'm not being to cheeky asking for some help

I am looking to spend a bit more time in mallorca and have been looking at some potential opportunities which I think would work well in tourist areas on beaches.

I know from past visits a number of the activities seem to be operated by local council i.e sunbeds, water boats etc but I have also seen a number of what looks like private operators offering jet ski's, wind surfing etc.

I'm currently in the UK and have been trying to research how obtaining permits etc work but am finding it difficult to get to the right people. Does anyone know how licences, sites etc are allocated ?
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 2:49 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mallorca On Beach Business

Yes, you're going to need permits, probably pay a monthly fee for the beach, and meet safety requirements and have insurance and ... and ... and ...

It depends on the community in which the beaches you intend to operate your business. I'd contact the Ajuntamento in that community first. I hope you speak Spanish :-)

Oh, and get a local solicitor. Really.

I really don't know the ropes of it.. but PM me if you need some help. I'll offer what I can.

-Ami

Last edited by amideislas; Apr 22nd 2013 at 2:52 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 3:02 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by -lee
Hey Everyone,
I'm new to the forum so I'm not being to cheeky asking for some help

I am looking to spend a bit more time in mallorca and have been looking at some potential opportunities which I think would work well in tourist areas on beaches.

I know from past visits a number of the activities seem to be operated by local council i.e sunbeds, water boats etc but I have also seen a number of what looks like private operators offering jet ski's, wind surfing etc.

I'm currently in the UK and have been trying to research how obtaining permits etc work but am finding it difficult to get to the right people. Does anyone know how licences, sites etc are allocated ?
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 3:06 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
Yes, you're going to need permits, probably pay a monthly fee for the beach, and meet safety requirements and have insurance and ... and ... and ...

It depends on the community in which the beaches you intend to operate your business. I'd contact the Ajuntamento in that community first. I hope you speak Spanish :-)

Oh, and get a local solicitor. Really.

I really don't know the ropes of it.. but PM me if you need some help. I'll offer what I can.

-Ami
I would also suspect that having a local contact in the town hall would be a great help, where we lived din Spaian the contracts all went to relatives of councillors, and/or very big concerns that would take over running all those businesses in the area.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 4:36 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

one of the first things to look at is Indemnity Insurance, any smallest accident will be your fault

you may be able to buy secondhand gear at the end of the season but will not have any customers for 6months

`
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 4:50 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I would also suspect that having a local contact in the town hall would be a great help, where we lived din Spaian the contracts all went to relatives of councillors, and/or very big concerns that would take over running all those businesses in the area.
Good point. "Family" business has been known to exercise legal claims from some obscure royal decree dating back hundreds of years ago. But it's possible that few will know, or will be inclined to tell you, and just wait until your business is successful, then take it from you.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and replies so far. I already have the equipment in the UK so I guess its now time to try and make contact with the local council.

Would anyone like to suggest a mallorca based lawyer, I have seen a few online but a personal recommendation is always better
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

Someone sent me a PM but need three posts to read it
Old Apr 24th 2013, 6:46 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by -lee
Someone sent me a PM but need three posts to read it
That's your third, well done.