Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Malaga Airport - Places to Eat?

Malaga Airport - Places to Eat?

Old May 18th 2013, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Malaga Airport - Places to Eat?

Another alternative would be to take the Cercanias train in the other direction into Malaga city centre (get off at the end of the line, the Alameda station rather than at Maria Zambrano, as Alameda is closer to the historic centre where there are lots of restaurants. There isn't much around Maria Zambrano outside of the dreaded shopping centres!). That journey only takes about 10 minutes.
Old May 18th 2013, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Another alternative would be to take the Cercanias train in the other direction into Malaga city centre (get off at the end of the line, the Alameda station rather than at Maria Zambrano, as Alameda is closer to the historic centre where there are lots of restaurants. There isn't much around Maria Zambrano outside of the dreaded shopping centres!). That journey only takes about 10 minutes.
10 mins! Even better. Thanks for the advice.
Old May 18th 2013, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
I used the train many years ago when I holidayed in Benalmadena and found it great. I have also visted Plaza Mayor with friends and agree that although plenty of eating places not much to occupy an adult male if he is anything like me shops is the last thing he wants to do!
Exactly.
Old May 18th 2013, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
10 mins! Even better. Thanks for the advice.
De nada! To get to the airport railway station (it is signposted from arrivals) he should walk straight ahead when leaving the arrivals building (you can see the single storey station entrance ahead), cross over the road, keep straight on and the station is only about a 2 minute walk in total. You buy your ticket from machines just inside the entrance which have touch-screen options for the destination and ticket type you want (there is an option to change the language into English if your son is not a Spanish speaker). Last time I took the train from the airport (last December) the one way fare into Malaga was €1.65, don't know if it has gone up since then. The machines give change. You then take the escalator down to the platforms (be careful to get the right one for the train going in the direction you want). Simple!

Last edited by Lynn R; May 18th 2013 at 4:01 pm.
Old May 18th 2013, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

stuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nice

He could take the train from the airport to Malaga train station 2 stops takes 14 minutes costs €1.70 go to the upper level and their is a selction of eateries from proper dinning tables /waiter service to tapas bars. One of the best tapas bars in my opion is Montaditos where they have a selection of over 100 costing €1 to €1.20 and salads,combos etc. Also Mahou beer at €1 for a large glass if you are eating there.
Old May 20th 2013, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

dawnp is an unknown quantity at this point

I noticed last visit to Malaga airport, in departures hall, if you keep to right hand side past information desk, there are some check in desks for Jet2com etc (sorry cannot recall numbers), there is a burger king restaurant and a Spanish restaurant that had a board outside with details of their menu and menu del dia. I have not eaten here, but it would save the worry of him even leaving the airport. There is also a restaurant serving burgers, bocadillos, chicken and chips etc downstairs in main arrivals hall.
Old May 21st 2013, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dawnp
I noticed last visit to Malaga airport, in departures hall, if you keep to right hand side past information desk, there are some check in desks for Jet2com etc (sorry cannot recall numbers), there is a burger king restaurant and a Spanish restaurant that had a board outside with details of their menu and menu del dia. I have not eaten here, but it would save the worry of him even leaving the airport. There is also a restaurant serving burgers, bocadillos, chicken and chips etc downstairs in main arrivals hall.
Hopefully he will not get lost!! But I can´t guarantee it. Just thinking of some way of spending the time.