Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Majority of Spaniards will not....

Majority of Spaniards will not....

Old Dec 15th 2020, 10:17 am
  #46  
Started off with nothing
 
missile's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,630
missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Spaniards will not....

Originally Posted by Chipmonk View Post
Exactly what is it that people think is going to happen with the vaccine? Do you think it will give you cancer? Make you dyslexic? There are no doubt numerous things out there that contribute to ill health out there that we dont obsess about. The negative side of the vaccine will be its effectiveness. Sure some people might have reactions to it but people have reactions to many things but that doesn't make poisonous or labelled dangerous. I say if you choose not to get vaccinated then if you fall ill you should not have the right to public health care. That's seems fair. People at the front line risk being infected because they choose to help others. If you feel that you dont trust the science then its selfish to ask for people who do believe in the science to put themselves at risk helping you.
"if you fall ill you should not have the right to public health care" .... That is a bit harsh
missile is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2020, 10:27 am
  #47  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 362
Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Spaniards will not....

Originally Posted by missile View Post
"if you fall ill you should not have the right to public health care" .... That is a bit harsh
If you get Covid and have refused the vaccine why should you recieve the time and energy of those who have to open themselves up to risk because of your beliefs especially if hospitals are struggling to cope? . In fact, why on earth would you want these people to help you , as no doubt they will be pumping you full of evil medicines, designed by evil drug firms ? Anyway it's all a big hoax!
Chipmonk is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2020, 11:04 am
  #48  
MODERATOR
 
Rosemary's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Costa Valencia
Posts: 14,073
Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Spaniards will not....

Originally Posted by Chipmonk View Post
Exactly what is it that people think is going to happen with the vaccine? Do you think it will give you cancer? Make you dyslexic? There are no doubt numerous things out there that contribute to ill health out there that we dont obsess about. The negative side of the vaccine will be its effectiveness. Sure some people might have reactions to it but people have reactions to many things but that doesn't make poisonous or labelled dangerous. I say if you choose not to get vaccinated then if you fall ill you should not have the right to public health care. That's seems fair. People at the front line risk being infected because they choose to help others. If you feel that you dont trust the science then its selfish to ask for people who do believe in the science to put themselves at risk helping you.
Originally Posted by Chipmonk View Post
If you get Covid and have refused the vaccine why should you recieve the time and energy of those who have to open themselves up to risk because of your beliefs especially if hospitals are struggling to cope? . In fact, why on earth would you want these people to help you , as no doubt they will be pumping you full of evil medicines, designed by evil drug firms ? Anyway it's all a big hoax!
Very strong statements from someone who obviously has no idea what it is like for people who suffer from severe allergies to some medications which puts them in a position of having to refuse the vaccine. It is not a choice, nor a chosen belief and nor is it because they are likely to suffer a reaction that can be shrugged off as not important but in fact a reaction that could kill them. It is not about not trusting the science, it is not selfish, it is a matter of being sensible and trying not to be a burden on health givers. So their choice might well have to be to take precautions to stop themselves getting covid and not have the vaccine. Risking not receiving health care under your scenario or risking the possibility of killing themselves by having the vaccine means that they are in a no win situation.

Rosemary
Rosemary is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2020, 11:29 am
  #49  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 362
Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Spaniards will not....

Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
Very strong statements from someone who obviously has no idea what it is like for people who suffer from severe allergies to some medications which puts them in a position of having to refuse the vaccine. It is not a choice, nor a chosen belief and nor is it because they are likely to suffer a reaction that can be shrugged off as not important but in fact a reaction that could kill them. It is not about not trusting the science, it is not selfish, it is a matter of being sensible and trying not to be a burden on health givers. So their choice might well have to be to take precautions to stop themselves getting covid and not have the vaccine. Risking not receiving health care under your scenario or risking the possibility of killing themselves by having the vaccine means that they are in a no win situation.

Rosemary
Obviously people with allergies will be advised not to take the vaccine that is fine and totally understandable. My gripe are those who don't want it because it scares them yet require others who are brave to take it to prove it safe. Those are the ones my comments are directed at.
Chipmonk is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2020, 12:03 pm
  #50  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: london/gandia
Posts: 1,107
jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Spaniards will not....

Oh come off it Chipmonk! Next you will be advocating for those with Cancer, Emphysema, PTSD Etc. to be left to their own devices as there may have been a preventable component and the sufferer should therefore bear the consequence. It all sounds a bit Hysterical.
jonboy is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2020, 12:06 pm
  #51  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: london/gandia
Posts: 1,107
jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Spaniards will not....

All the people who have smoked and drank alcohol would in your world be condemned to die out of sight of the services provided to others.
jonboy is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2020, 12:11 pm
  #52  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 362
Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Spaniards will not....

Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
All the people who have smoked and drank alcohol would in your world be condemned to die out of sight of the services provided to others.
Are any of those things life threatening to others? No ! If you smoked all your life and you have cancer then you wont give it to a nurse,will you? But if you have Covid you may. If you refuse a vaccine, catch the virus, go to hospital you endanger other people's lives!!
Chipmonk is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2020, 12:24 pm
  #53  
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Location: Sotogrande
Posts: 182
thegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Spaniards will not....

Originally Posted by Chipmonk View Post
Are any of those things life threatening to others? No ! If you smoked all your life and you have cancer then you wont give it to a nurse,will you? But if you have Covid you may. If you refuse a vaccine, catch the virus, go to hospital you endanger other people's lives!!
You truly make some uneducated and quite obnoxious remarks, everyone his a right to their own opinion and each individuals circumstances are different.
Kaipa
thegolfer is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2020, 1:25 pm
  #54  
Started off with nothing
 
missile's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,630
missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Spaniards will not....

Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
Very strong statements from someone who obviously has no idea what it is like for people who suffer from severe allergies to some medications which puts them in a position of having to refuse the vaccine. It is not a choice, nor a chosen belief and nor is it because they are likely to suffer a reaction that can be shrugged off as not important but in fact a reaction that could kill them. It is not about not trusting the science, it is not selfish, it is a matter of being sensible and trying not to be a burden on health givers. So their choice might well have to be to take precautions to stop themselves getting covid and not have the vaccine. Risking not receiving health care under your scenario or risking the possibility of killing themselves by having the vaccine means that they are in a no win situation.

Rosemary
All medications have potential side affects, covid-19 vaccine is no different. Those who have allergies to one medication are right to be concerned. This should be discussed with their doctor. It is not correct to suggest those having an allergy to one medication should necessarily avoid taking all other medications e.g. covid-19 vaccine.

Indeed I have a very strong allergic reaction to iodine, but happily take several other medications.

The report I have read said 12 people had died whilst on a Covid-19 trial. These were all patients who had been prescribed the placebo. None of those receiving the vaccine died.

Last edited by missile; Dec 15th 2020 at 2:19 pm.
missile is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2020, 2:36 pm
  #55  
MODERATOR
 
Rosemary's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Costa Valencia
Posts: 14,073
Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Spaniards will not....

Originally Posted by missile View Post
All medications have potential side affects, covid-19 vaccine is no different. Those who have allergies to one medication are right to be concerned. This should be discussed with their doctor. It is not correct to suggest those having an allergy to one medication should necessarily avoid taking all other medications e.g. covid-19 vaccine.

Indeed I have a very strong allergic reaction to iodine, but happily take several other medications.

The report I have read said 12 people had died whilst on a Covid-19 trial. These were all patients who had been prescribed the placebo. None of those receiving the vaccine died.
Exactly. So much is still unknown about how people will react to it. Taking any medication should be done with due care, all are potential life savers for the majority of people but for others they can be dangerous. The flu jab is utilised to good effect but some years the format has meant that some people were not able to have it so it will probably be the same with the Covid one. Different scientists, different formats, different reactions. Normal. That is life.

Rosemary
Rosemary is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2020, 3:19 pm
  #56  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 362
Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Spaniards will not....

Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
Exactly. So much is still unknown about how people will react to it. Taking any medication should be done with due care, all are potential life savers for the majority of people but for others they can be dangerous. The flu jab is utilised to good effect but some years the format has meant that some people were not able to have it so it will probably be the same with the Covid one. Different scientists, different formats, different reactions. Normal. That is life.

Rosemary

Surely it all comes down to the degree of risk involved. At which point do you consider a vaccine safe as there will always be some percentage of persons who have adverse reactions? Nothing is 100% perfect. The question that people need to ask is what the chance of contracting Covid and being dangerously ill versus the chances of having a seriously dangerous reaction to the vaccine. As far as the world of vaccines goes there are very very few cases ( rotavirus is the only one I found that is thought to cause a major illness) where the vaccine harms you compared to the virus it fights. If you never take the vaccine you will always be susceptible to the virus. It makes sense to take it no?
Chipmonk is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2020, 4:54 pm
  #57  
VFR
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Valencia area
Posts: 1,060
VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Spaniards will not....

Interesting video here for those not Pfizer fan boys .................
https://www.c-span.org/video/?507035...covid-19&live=

The question should be but you will not hear being asked on MSM is ............
How many people have died last week ?
Of those deaths how many were positive for the virus ?
Of those deaths how many were a result of the virus ?

No all they will scream is about the R rate knowing that ever more people are being tested so it will rise but also knowing that the vast bulk will have no, or very mild,
symptoms.
I read that its normal for a new vaccine to take "years" to get onto the approved list not months and if they are so sure about its safety why are the manufactures immune in law from prosecution (again so I read)
VFR is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2020, 5:01 pm
  #58  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 362
Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Spaniards will not....

Originally Posted by VFR View Post
Interesting video here for those not Pfizer fan boys .................
https://www.c-span.org/video/?507035...covid-19&live=

The question should be but you will not hear being asked on MSM is ............
How many people have died last week ?
Of those deaths how many were positive for the virus ?
Of those deaths how many were a result of the virus ?

No all they will scream is about the R rate knowing that ever more people are being tested so it will rise but also knowing that the vast bulk will have no, or very mild,
symptoms.
I read that its normal for a new vaccine to take "years" to get onto the approved list not months and if they are so sure about its safety why are the manufactures immune in law from prosecution (again so I read)

The video is 2.5 hours long !!
Chipmonk is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2020, 5:29 pm
  #59  
VFR
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Valencia area
Posts: 1,060
VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Spaniards will not....

Originally Posted by Chipmonk View Post
The video is 2.5 hours long !!
Yes I thought you may have a short attention span, not to worry though just get the jab and carry on being abusive (see we can all do that)
VFR is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2020, 7:30 pm
  #60  
Forum Regular
 
Mustard's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2015
Location: Madrid
Posts: 119
Mustard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Majority of Spaniards will not....

I listened to James O'Brien on LBC this morning and there was a caller who works as a carer in a Care Home. She said that the 18 residents had been offered the jab but that only 2 had accepted.

She was upset because there has been a lot of effort put in to protecting the residents and this was an opportunity that would allow them more contact with their families but they were refusing it out of fear.
Mustard is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.