Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Majority of Spaniards will not....

Majority of Spaniards will not....

Old Dec 9th 2020, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Spaniards will not....

This from my cousin who is a nurse in Worthing West Sussex:

'I will deffo have the vaccine as have heard horror stories about patients in intensive care with covid will spare you the details take care'

Old Dec 9th 2020, 9:33 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coron...?ocid=msedgdhp

Some people may have had the decision made for them due to this.

Rosemary
Old Dec 9th 2020, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
On balance I will get vaccinated but I do understand peoples fears. How can any long term effects be known where no long term statistics exist?
I shall probably wait for the Oxford vaccine as that seems to be a development of the tested and proven flu vaccine that I have.
I would do too. But when will it come? I can get in on the first round in Austria (65y upwards) for the Pfizer one. I don't think there is any choice if I want to start travelling again.
Old Dec 11th 2020, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coron...?ocid=msedgdhp

Some people may have had the decision made for them due to this.

Rosemary
I am one of those people, I had already made my mind up not to have the vaccine long before this article, they have no idea what the effects can be on people with allergy's or on those taking several different medications. The vaccine needs a much longer testing period in my view, without that they could in fact end up killing people....but that's probably why they are giving it to the elderly first, they are viewed these days as not of any importance.
Old Dec 11th 2020, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
I am one of those people, I had already made my mind up not to have the vaccine long before this article, they have no idea what the effects can be on people with allergy's or on those taking several different medications. The vaccine needs a much longer testing period in my view, without that they could in fact end up killing people....but that's probably why they are giving it to the elderly first, they are viewed these days as not of any importance.
I fully agree, couldn't have put it any better!!

Steve
Old Dec 11th 2020, 11:03 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
I am the same. Have had to remain in the house all of this time due to long term existing issues. Had already decided that the vaccine had to be thoroughly tested before I could consider it and then saw that it was a danger to people with allergies so that ruled it out for me anyway.

Rosemary
Old Dec 11th 2020, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

People can be allergic to many forms of medicines but doesnt mean that the medicine is harmful and others should avoid it. If you suffer from severe allergic reactions you probably should avoid it. My brother law is an anti- Vax person. I found out that he caught Covid last week and is in hospital now his wife a child both are positive. I wonder how he must feel relying on the help and experience of doctors and scientists to try make him and his family well after all his stupid know-it-all remarks about Covid.!
Old Dec 11th 2020, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
People can be allergic to many forms of medicines but doesnt mean that the medicine is harmful and others should avoid it. If you suffer from severe allergic reactions you probably should avoid it. My brother law is an anti- Vax person. I found out that he caught Covid last week and is in hospital now his wife a child both are positive. I wonder how he must feel relying on the help and experience of doctors and scientists to try make him and his family well after all his stupid know-it-all remarks about Covid.!
Very good points.
Old Dec 11th 2020, 4:04 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
Well said XXX
The medical profession are working very hard to keep us safe.
I am allergic to iodine, but will be very pleased to get the vaccine.

Last edited by missile; Dec 11th 2020 at 4:07 pm.
Old Dec 11th 2020, 5:13 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
Well said XXX
The medical profession are working very hard to keep us safe.
I am allergic to iodine, but will be very pleased to get the vaccine.
Come on lets face facts Big Pharma are the ones working hard and profit $$$$$ is all they care about.
Old Dec 11th 2020, 6:09 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VFR
Come on lets face facts Big Pharma are the ones working hard and profit $$$$$ is all they care about.
Very true. Billionaires have seen their fortunes spiral due to what some would call wise investment and most would call profiteering. Nevertheless many of the employees at big pharma are working very hard and not all are Tory voters.
Old Dec 14th 2020, 5:43 pm
Started off with nothing

New Covid variant blamed for sharp rise in cases

A Covid sign in the London borough of Waltham Forest today CREDIT: JEFF MOORE

A new strain of coronavirus has been identified - and it could be driving the spread of Covid in the south east of England. All London boroughs and parts of Essex and Hertfordshire go into the toughest Tier 3 restrictions from one minute past midnight on Wednesday
Old Dec 14th 2020, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VFR
You know that not only Big Pharma gets rich on these vaccines. They also make lots of money on any of the drugs you buy. So do tobacco companies, breweries. You still buy it.
I got sick from Hep A/B shot and from rabies shot. These are well tested drugs.
You have done many months of lockdown like most of us have in EU. Waiting for the vaccine to be used for longer period may keep you home for years. You may not be able to fly or attend any event.
Old Dec 15th 2020, 9:59 am
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016
You know that not only Big Pharma gets rich on these vaccines. (So tell me who else is selling them ?) They also make lots of money on any of the drugs you buy. (No shit) So do tobacco companies, breweries. You still buy it. (If I choose to & as you say below you may soon have no choice)
I got sick from Hep A/B shot and from rabies shot. These are well tested drugs.
You have done many months of lockdown like most of us have in EU. Waiting for the vaccine to be used for longer period may keep you home for years. You may not be able to fly or attend any event.
You missed why I posted my reply to Missile as he said they (Big Pharma) were working to help us where as my view is that they only serve the bottom line.
You are clearly happy to take their word about this vaccine but I am not, for sure I may well be forced into taking it at some stage but I will leave it as long as I can, so please get yours done ASAP and all like minded people as well as any issues will likely show through sooner.
Old Dec 15th 2020, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly what is it that people think is going to happen with the vaccine? Do you think it will give you cancer? Make you dyslexic? There are no doubt numerous things out there that contribute to ill health out there that we dont obsess about. The negative side of the vaccine will be its effectiveness. Sure some people might have reactions to it but people have reactions to many things but that doesn't make poisonous or labelled dangerous. I say if you choose not to get vaccinated then if you fall ill you should not have the right to public health care. That's seems fair. People at the front line risk being infected because they choose to help others. If you feel that you dont trust the science then its selfish to ask for people who do believe in the science to put themselves at risk helping you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.