Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

mail forwarding call taking expat call centre

mail forwarding call taking expat call centre

Old Aug 11th 2009, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute
Default mail forwarding call taking expat call centre

Looking for info on

mail forwarding
business address
and
call centre answering service in spain pref Alicante area.
You are issued with a phone number and you advertise it.
when somebody phones the number the centre take a message from the caller and sends us an email.

We pay for calls answered.

Any ideas?
Old Aug 11th 2009, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

johnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nice
Default Re: mail forwarding call taking expat call centre

Originally Posted by paintermujer
Looking for info on

mail forwarding
business address
and
call centre answering service in spain pref Alicante area.
You are issued with a phone number and you advertise it.
when somebody phones the number the centre take a message from the caller and sends us an email.

We pay for calls answered.

Any ideas?
In Spanish they call these 'centro(s) de negocio(s)' and/or 'business centre', a quick google turned up at least 5 different ones in Alicante, so it would be a case of seeing which ones offer what you need for the price you're happy to pay.

google link

Unless someone has had experience with it in Alicante and can chime in.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnycakes
In Spanish they call these 'centro(s) de negocio(s)' and/or 'business centre', a quick google turned up at least 5 different ones in Alicante, so it would be a case of seeing which ones offer what you need for the price you're happy to pay.

google link

Sorry forgot to mention it has to be an english one.

So an expat call centre etc. I guess.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

google link

Thanks

will look at these.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

If you can wait until it rolls out, Google Voice sounds like the answer - though you might have to change the question a bit.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

Hi All, i thought i would chip in as Amanda asked this on my behalf really.

Yes, we are initially targeting expats, mainly english, and would need a mail forwarding address and a "virtual" phone number. We use a similar service here in the UK and after the set up, they answer the call in your company name (comes up on their screen), take a message and then email you with the client details.

You pay per call answered. As we work from home, and will continue to do so in spain, i am not gonna splash our home address across the internet! Theres no rush as i dont plan to be in business in Spain until probably January and i'm busy enough with the english business.

Looked at the Alicante centro(s) de negocio(s), looks VERY good and very professional but if its Spanish only it wont be much good (apart from maybe a forwarding address) as the Spaniards dont buy what we sell usually.

but anyway, thanks again for the info posted.

Old Aug 12th 2009, 2:35 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by painterhombre

Yes, we are initially targeting expats, mainly english, and would need a mail forwarding address and a "virtual" phone number. We use a similar service here in the UK and after the set up, they answer the call in your company name (comes up on their screen), take a message and then email you with the client details.

You pay per call answered. As we work from home, and will continue to do so in spain, i am not gonna splash our home address across the internet! Theres no rush as i dont plan to be in business in Spain until probably January and i'm busy enough with the english business.

Looked at the Alicante centro(s) de negocio(s), looks VERY good and very professional but if its Spanish only it wont be much good (apart from maybe a forwarding address) as the Spaniards dont buy what we sell usually.

Hi. If I read it correctly, you're looking to be setting up such a venture in Spain targetting Brits?
I have a contact in Valencia who may be able to help you on this. He's Spanish but speaks good English. You can pm me if interested and I'll forward onto him. Obviously it depends on a) If Valencia is good as a location for you b) if you can re-imburse him adequately - he has work already but he's always on the lookout for additional projects.

Good luck

EDIT: Apologies - I misread. You're looking for a "Business Centre" that caters for English as well as Spanish speakers? As lynnxa says, this could be a good business opportunity. I suspect if anywhere that they would exist already in Gibraltar?

Last edited by steviedeluxe; Aug 12th 2009 at 2:55 pm. Reason: correction
Old Aug 12th 2009, 2:44 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

my OH has a company in the US who does this for him with US clients- they also act as a switchboard & forward calls to him where possible - not in the middle of the night here thankfully

I don't know of one here

maybe a business idea ?
Old Aug 13th 2009, 9:35 am
Just Joined

johnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nice

In Barcelona the business centres I know of can all provide service in English, so you should ask them. It's certainly not the Queen's English, but if your clients are in Spain it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Looked at the Alicante centro(s) de negocio(s),
This brightened up my morning
Old Aug 16th 2009, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

In Barcelona the business centres I know of can all provide service in English, so you should ask them. It's certainly not the Queen's English, but if your clients are in Spain it shouldn't be much of a problem.

This brightened up my morning

cheers for the info and sorry for my bad grasp of Spanish! Amanda is the Espanol(a?!) smarty braggas, not me, i'm still learning and it took me 39 years to master English, so................

anyway, yes, possibly a good busienss idea. I have LOTS of ideas with regards business, job creation, etc, but i guess all has been on hold wilst we wait to move over to Spain finally (2 weeks).

who knows, the word is certainly my lobster () or oyster too
Old Nov 5th 2009, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

What about a virtual assistant, I would certainly be happy to take calls and email you details and having worked in sales for many years would enjoy doing this.